If you had to pick a time in the past

I enjoy history and as a kid used to think I'd want to live in the times of my favorite book characters, but in spite of our problems, I do really believe things are -

We're in an era right now when we kind of need to catch up to our own technology, but I'd miss it if I didn't have it.

I would love to live in the 1950's for a while - for some reason that decade speaks to me.

I would also love to go back to the early 2000's when my kids were little/being born. I have 2000, 2004, and 2006 babies and I LOVED the 4 years with DS19 before the other two were born, and I loved the years when DS19 went to Kindergarten/1st/2nd grade, etc... and I could spend tons of time with my two babies that were born 19 months apart. They are all currently teenagers (19, 15, and 13 1/2) and I long for the days when they would let me cuddle with them and read them stories and nobody was mad just because I walked into the room and said good morning.

I would also love to go back to the fall of 2017 and relive that over and over. My oldest's Senior year and last football season ever after a decade of playing the sport he loves. He had his 2nd shoulder surgery in less than three years 2 weeks after his final game and will never play again (but it is fun seeing him out there coaching tiny little 5 and 6 year olds now! lol)

Im real curious but havent got a clue, what does "Joyce" mean, and who are your people that were enslaved ( very cool stuff, I got nothing exciting in my back ground
Joyce is the name my ancestor was given when she arrived on the shores of Jamaica. We know she was around 12 y/o when she got there but unfortunately her original name is currently unknown. She lived to be over 100 years of age (common to the women of that side of my family and a something I remind the men in my life when they get on my nerves, LOL). There are children, both male and female, named "Joyce" in every branch of her descendants.
I admire her and hope her spirit lives on in 100 more generations.

I think the world keeps improving in spite of all the problems we face today. As interested as I am in history and as much as I'd love to go back just to see what it was really like, I wouldn't want to live there permanently. Having a modern social conscience, I think it would painful to live in a time when slavery was legal, or women couldn't vote, or homosexuals were shunned.

Joyce is the name my ancestor was given when she arrived on the shores of Jamaica. We know she was around 12 y/o when she got there but unfortunately her original name is currently unknown. She lived to be over 100 years of age (common to the women of that side of my family and a something I remind the men in my life when they get on my nerves, LOL). There are children, both male and female, named "Joyce" in every branch of her descendants.
I admire her and hope her spirit lives on in 100 more generations.

I cant even imagine being enslaved at age 12 and a new land, then living to be 100, about what year did Joyce die ? whats a great and cool family history, I am jelly

Unfortunately everything you mention still exists in various areas of the world.
That's true.
Which is why I find it so completely incomprehensible that asserting the superiority of western culture earns one the label of xenophobe. :confused: Let's go back to a time when the ideals of freedom and liberty for all were recognized for the incredible blessings they are. I'd also like to turn back the clock to a point where I'd never heard the term "virtue signaling".

I would rather stay here than at any time in the past. If you want to live in the late 1800's don't sit in a room with green wallpaper wear green clothes or eat anything with green die in it because the green at the time was made with arsenic

I cant even imagine being enslaved at age 12 and a new land, then living to be 100, about what year did Joyce die ? whats a great and cool family history, I am jelly

She passed in 1926 when my Mom, her...great DGD (another Joyce), was almost 4 years old. I doubt I could have survived some of her life's travails; too much of a scaredy cat.

Disney World in the 80s and 90s - when you could just show up and decide what you wanted to do that day with relatively low crowds.

I also really enjoyed when I was first engaged and married in the years before we had kids (2002-2007) - when we could basically do whatever we wanted with our free time and our money and we were in our 20s with plenty of energy.

I can say with certainty I'd never want to go back to middle school. That was torture.

I'd go with the early 80's. Give me a chance to do adulthood one more time as long as I have the knowledge of today to take with me. Now that would be fun.

I would pick 2 weeks in late may/early june of 2000. We were staying in Ft Wilderness. The millennial celebration was going on. My son's were 7 and 10. It was a magical trip! That is what I would chose to do again.

We stayed at Fort Wilderness for two weeks in 2000 also! Late April to early May! My sons were 7 and 4! I would LOVE to go back in time to that trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!