• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you could only do 1 TS meal?

jbuckent

DIS Veteran
We are staying 1 day at Art of Animation before our cruise and I'm trying to pick a place to eat that 1 day. What would you pick? We are not going to any parks, possibly DTD (don't like Raglan Road or Bongos). Anything fantastic at the Boardwalk or another resort? Lunch or dinner doesn't matter, other will be at the resort.

Sanaa would be my top pick at AKL-Kidani Village, just based on food quality. You should like Indian flavors in your food, though. (Lunch or dinner)

Kouzzina on the Boardwalk is pretty good, as well. I had a very nice meal there this past summer, although my expectations were low. (Dinner Only)

Kona Café at the Poly used to be our go-to arrival day lunch, and only moved because we haven't stayed at the Poly in a few years. (Lunch or Dinner)

'Ohana (also at the Poly) for dinner might be good if you like all-you-care-to-eat grilled meat and some slightly cheesy entertainment. Plus, you have a shot at seeing the evening MK fireworks if you're there at the right time, or you can take a stroll down to the beach to see the fireworks if your table doesn't present a good view.

I don't think there is anything "fantastic" at the Boardwalk, but we did have a very nice meal at the Big River Grille and Brewing Works there.

I second Kona at the Polynesian. Good food for lunch or dinner in a nice setting. I also like Boma for dinner if your looking for an All-you-care-to-eat restaurant. Lots of interesting/African inspired food along with some more American dishes as well. The desserts are really good (ZEBRA DOMES!:cool1:)

Haven't been there myself, but I have heard fantastic things about the Flying Fish Cafe at the Boardwalk.

If you are going to be in the DTD area, Turf Club @ Saratoga Springs has a very nice menu. I would also say Kona or Jiko as you won't find many "ethnic" flavored dishes on DCL.

If I could do only one meal at WDW it would be the mussels (or cheese plate), scallops with risotto, and whatever that night's dessert trio is at Flying Fish.

Flying Fish...hands down one of the best meals I have ever had and I am super picky!

Another vote for Flying Fish !!!! After dinner you can walk around the Boardwalk then sit on a bench and watch Illuminations.
Also agree with Sanaa. Another great restaurant. Just walking around Animal Kingdom Lodge, its so beautiful !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter