If you could change one thing about DCL, what would it be?

JM_97

DIS Veteran
Not meant to be super critical of Disney Cruise Line but just a fun little discussion.

I'd put a sit down restaurant outside of MDR that isn't Cabanas. I've heard mixed reviews about Cabanas dinner so I think having something kind of between the two for dinner would do well. Gives you more options. MDR is a big draw to DCL but sometimes it's nice just to have a less structured night on vacation.

Add some true solo OV or Balcony cabins!!

I actually love that they don't have the beds pushed together - I always end up eaten by those because there is no way to secure them together with sheets and most lines don't want to bother with the strap that would keep them together.

Scrap the Wish (or send it to the Asian market), stop work on the Treasure, and design a boat that has the convenience and amenities of the older boats (e.g. a promenade, shaded adult areas, adult after-hours districts)

Add some true solo OV or Balcony cabins!!

I actually love that they don't have the beds pushed together - I always end up eaten by those because there is no way to secure them together with sheets and most lines don't want to bother with the strap that would keep them together.
We have our first NCL cruise booked for next June. Their "queen" beds are 2 twins pushed together. I'm dreading it. I will probably just ask our host to separate them into 2 beds, not thrilled about that either.

We have our first NCL cruise booked for next June. Their "queen" beds are 2 twins pushed together. I'm dreading it. I will probably just ask our host to separate them into 2 beds, not thrilled about that either.
We've cruised on several ships (not only DCL back in the day when they had them, but other lines as well) and never had an issue with the two beds pushed together. I'm wondering if it's just an issue with a single person sleeping in it?

#2 - Give us some rooms that have two beds in them. Ditch the sofa. Basically, a double-bedded hotel room. Or go back to offering the one bed that separates.

It might need to be an interior or oceanview to manage placement of the desk, but I’d trade the balcony for real beds.
Yes! 1000% yes. I hate the one bed. Two beds pushed together or can be separated is so much better. At least have that option for some rooms. Sometimes I travel with my husband but other times not and share a room. Having one bed just makes things awkward. Love 94% of what DCL does, but the bed thing drives me crazy!

I have three. In priority order,

#1 - Public seating that is higher from the ground.

I can’t get up from low seating. It severely limited where I could go on my last cruise. This problem applies to other cruise lines, too.
Tough thing for Disney to do with so many children as passengers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter