If you could change one thing about DCL, what would it be?

This is one I have to agree 100% with. One of the reasons why I don't like the MDR's and try to book Remy and Palo as much as possible is because of how cramped and how loud the MDR's can be. A 4th option would be something I would welcome.
I don't think that adding a 4th MDR would make them any less cramped. I would think they would have about the same overall space dedicated to the 4 MDRs, and they would have less people, but would also be smaller.

That would mean the elimination of the 3-night cruises - and though most of us on here are not fans, those are some of their biggest money makers. DCL is not going to have it so that guests don't hit one MDR each night. There would be even more of an outcry than there is when people don't get the rotation they want.
I don't think that is necessarily the case. On the west coast they have 2 night weekend cruises where everyone misses at least one MDR. If they were ever to have a 4th dining room on the rotation, I think they would still have the 3 nighters. There would just be more pre cruise requests for everyone's preferred rotation.

I don't think that is necessarily the case. On the west coast they have 2 night weekend cruises where everyone misses at least one MDR. If they were ever to have a 4th dining room on the rotation, I think they would still have the 3 nighters. There would just be more pre cruise requests for everyone's preferred rotation.
This happened on the U.K. staycation cruises too. They did the departure breakfast day in the restaurant you missed in the rotation.

Not such an issue on the Dream or Fantasy where there is only 1 dinner show, but I wouldn’t want to miss Rapunzel’s OR Animators so I could see them having plenty of requests for certain rotations.

Now that others have mentioned it, an “anytime” dinner option would be huge on any cruise longer than 3-4 nights. I don’t like to skip dinner entirely but some nights it’s nice to change up dining time while still having a civilized meal. We didn’t start cruising Disney until last year, and I understand that anytime dining is hard to pair with rotational dining, but we definitely miss the convenience of anytime dining on luxury lines.

A return to the paper navigator left in your room every night. As well as not having to ask for a real menu at dinner. One of my favorite things about cruising used to be unpacking my suitcase, turning off my phone, throwing it into my suitcase, and shoving it under the bed. Impossible to do now that everything is on the app. Yes, I'm a luddite, but I hate having to be constantly staring at the stupid shiny box while I'm on vacation.
I am a millennial mom (so presumably in the younger end of the target demo) and I could not agree with you more— on DCL and across Disney Parks generally. My husband and I work long hours to pay DCL (and WDW) prices and I really want to be present with my kids on vacation not constantly navigating the app (though I will say I love that the app allows us on board messaging between family members when we are separated). Our kids know there’s a strict no phone at the table rule, but having to pull out phones to figure out what’s going on probably creates a lot of headaches for parents with young kids. Having detailed daily itineraries available a week or more in advance (paper or digital) would help a lot!

So this is technically against the grain of what I just said, but as long as we are going to be glued to phones, I’d like to see virtual queues for the character meet and greets. It’s absurd to spend hours of your vacation in line when they could call you in batches of 5-10. Perhaps everybody gets to rank their top 10 meet and greet in order of priority and then gets assigned to 5 with a limited wait, with a longer standby option for the people who need to meet more characters than that?

I would really like the cruise photos to be able to have the boarders/wording removable. I really can't understand how this isn't an option. There are so many pictures that are useless to me because I want to zoom or crop them but then I have like 40% of some random boarder still showing in an awkward way. Or, I have cute pictures of my kid that I could almost crop the ship name or some Castaway logo off of, except that an edge of the that wording extends just onto my kid's arm/leg/etc. This drives me crazy.

Better perks for returning guests and reinstating some of the previous perks that were taken away due to COVID
Say do you know what Gold gets now? Was 8+ captains talk, 2 day early reservation jump, but what exactly is an on-board special pricing for gold?

I would really like the cruise photos to be able to have the boarders/wording removable. I really can't understand how this isn't an option. There are so many pictures that are useless to me because I want to zoom or crop them but then I have like 40% of some random boarder still showing in an awkward way. Or, I have cute pictures of my kid that I could almost crop the ship name or some Castaway logo off of, except that an edge of the that wording extends just onto my kid's arm/leg/etc. This drives me crazy.
Yeah, absolutely this. Some of those borders and wording drives me crazy with how they are placed!

I wish they would drop the whole pressure to tip additionally and then the extra pressure in forum to tip a lot. Like a 100 here and a 100 there. and the whole exceed expetations stuff. We sailed MSC and it was SOOOOOO nice to not have tip cards and that pressure. We gave our stateroom guy some extra. MDR nothing as we rarely ate there.

Easy entry pools. I get it takes space. but other cruise lines have them... the elderly and obese will be grateful as using a ladder is often prohibted.. My mom loves to swiim but at 72 doesnt have the arm strength and coordination anymore to use a pull up ladder.

concering the beds... becareful what you wish for. On MSC I marked our reservation to have our bed made in to two twins.. It was my mom and I. Well the double bed separated made such a tiny twin ( not your standard) where I was fearful to turn at night withougt falling out. So we asked then to ´put the beds together again.

On a recent sailings my DH was going crazy on disney because of the one blanket - we sleep german style where each has their own doubel duvet.. so I asked the room guy and he brought us an additional duvet. and my DH was super happy.

I wish they would do west coast sailings... Vancouver to San Diego ( maybe catalina in there). Vancouver, Van Island, Seattle, SFO, LAX and SAN... Legally possible. have LAX an overnight and do a disney excursion. make them one-way.. feeding HA. maybe

they have had afew but rarely this type.. they focus too much on SAN and mexico.

concering the beds... becareful what you wish for. On MSC I marked our reservation to have our bed made in to two twins.. It was my mom and I. Well the double bed separated made such a tiny twin ( not your standard) where I was fearful to turn at night withougt falling out. So we asked then to ´put the beds together again.

On a recent sailings my DH was going crazy on disney because of the one blanket - we sleep german style where each has their own doubel duvet.. so I asked the room guy and he brought us an additional duvet. and my DH was super happy.
I would rather the choice of equal smaller beds than one getting the big bed and one getting the too short sofa bed. Would just be nice to have the choice for those that want it.

I would rather the choice of equal smaller beds than one getting the big bed and one getting the too short sofa bed. Would just be nice to have the choice for those that want it.
in this case the sofa bed would have had more room. just shows one needs to look at each cruiseline and their beds.. MSC OV on this boat was a only a full bed size split in two... when I sat on the bed cross legged, my knees went outside the mattress. I then learned Balcony and INside have queen beds split in two and bigger... was crazy.. my mom and I have no issue sharing a full bed, but we figured this one time, non DCL,. we do split thinking we gain space.. we lost so much instead. I am all for choice though, but I wonder if DCL changed to split if they lose some of the comfort as their mattresses to us are the best.

You do realize this is a USP (unofficial) for DCL that actually drives people to sail them.. The whole FB community pre-cruise.

I don't know what a "USP" is. But plenty of cruise lines have NO issues getting people to cruise them without jumping up the hallways.

Base the classifications (Silver, Gold, Platinum...) on how many nights you have stayed on the ships, not how many cruises you have taken. We have spent over 100 nights on the Wonder alone, but since its almost all 2 week Panama Canal cruises, our level is lower than some people who have less.

Someone could take four of the three day cruises, have less nights than a single PC cruise, but have more credit towards the classifications. That's not right in my opinion.

Yep. Just give us some rooms with an additional Bed. Not every cabin. I like the current beds - when I am the designated user. It really stinks if you share a cabin and share the cruise fare equally, but end up on the sofa.
Or…
You pay for your parents who get the bed, and your own fare leaving you the sofa. I’ve paid for 8 cruises and slept in the bed 3 times. But to be fair on my first cruise I fell asleep holding my daughter on the couch because it was so comfortable.
But a nightstand for my CPAP would be great and electric for my phone at the couch since my battery is dead and I want to plan the next day without standing in the bathroom next to outlet. Magic class issues for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter