• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you are following WW...

L

loisg1

do you attend weekly meetings, just go online, or have you ordered the plan that is advertised in the WW magazine. I'm a lifetime member of WW, but after health issues, have slipped. I don't have the Winning Points materials, and was thinking that just having them might be good enough for me.

Thanks for your input.
Lois

I follow Weight Watchers and have to go to the weekly meetings. I need to be accountable for myself, so I need that person reading that scale for me every week. I never had success using the materials on my own.

Good luck with whatever you choose! :)

I have the materials and just do it on my own. Our Budget is a little tight and weekly meetings just are not in it. I do well when I STICK to it and don't make excuses to eat whatever. I am currently finishing up my second week of being good. THe first week I was really good and this week I was so-so. I have lost 4 1/2 pounds in those two weeks. Now for the hard part week 3!!!

I was doing ww online.....for two years. I kept cycling the same weight over and over because I had no accountability to anybody by myself.

I also kept getting bored with meals, and there wasn't anybody to give me any ideas or to help me with stress or any other tips.

So last week I joined meetings. I'm thinking this will work a lot better, for me at least.

I have the materials when I attended WW a while back. I do have to write down everything I eat, although some days are tougher than others....but if I do overeat I will do some extra walking. I am currently doing the 2 mile Walk away the pounds.

I'm also a lifetime member, but have been WAY over my goal weight for a number of years. Since lifetime members only have to pay the weekly fee, I just went once and got the materials. I've been doing well on my own for almost two months. I have been weighing and measuring and writing everything down. When I have an off day, I have learned to "forgive" myself and start over the next day. If I start losing the motivation, then I'll start attending meetings. I like to think that the money I don't spend on meetings can go towards my Disney trip. :D

I go to the meetings. If I don't have to be accountable to anyone but myself, I get into trouble too easily. :p

Right now I'm veryy motivated, but I know that I will definitely have my days when I need someone to help me toe the line!

:eek:

I have been following WW for 5 weeks now and have lost a total of 12 pounds. I do not attend meetings because for the time being I live in Italy and there are none available to me. I have the material from the old 1,2,3 Success program that I am using, I belonged to WW when I lived in the US and attended the meetings, but I guess I wasn't really committed because I never lost more than 8 pounds. My material is well worn so I am thinking about buying the current 2003 material, there are lots up for auction on eBay. My sister is a member of WW, she has lost 32 pounds in 7 months and she is sending me some info and a points calculator as well. I think different things work for different people, I am at a point in my life that I want to get healthy so I am motivated to stay on program, but some people need that weekly meeting, I think it all depends on the individual.

Good luck!

Hiya, Lois!

I am following WW. My MIL gave me a WW cookbook several years ago. I dug it out of the garage a few weeks ago and found some sample menus in the back of the book. No meetings for me, although I wouldn't be opposed to joining a WW group and shelling out the money if that was what it would have taken! :)

So far I am seeing great results (just got my 5 pound clippie today!)

Good luck to you!!!!!!!! Stick around here for plenty of support and great ideas and lots of good times!

I definitely need the meetings or at least the accountability of weighing in. My leader is a terrific lady and keeps me inspired. It's fun being with the other people attending too. So for me, the meetings are a must.:)

I have done it both ways (attending meetings and not attending) and I don't see a difference as long as I am accountable in some way to someone. The last time I did WW before I got pregnant with DS I used the WISH thread as my weekly check-in and that worked well enough for me.

I really need to get back with the program because I have gained all of that weight back and DS is now 10 months old. :eek: I don't think I can still blame it on the pregnancy.

I don't really feel like I have the time for meetings now so I will try to use the WISH threads as my motivater and for accountability. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter