If only picking one nighttime show/event?

How does the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular fireworks show compare with Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, the previous holiday fireworks show that was at Hollywood Studios?

Does it depend a lot on projections on the buildings? I was disappointed that the holiday show view was blocked by so many barriers, and there were long stretches that depended on a good view of the projections.
The fireworks show is the best that Disney has produced. The best place to be for the show is somewhere with a clear view of the sky, because that is where the action is.

First, I am not a Halloween person but I love the party. It is just so much fun. Low crowds, fun character meets . There is just something about it. I would not pay to do it if your kids fall asleep that early even on vacation.

I'd stick with Fantasmic probably. It is not my very favorite, but I think it is just because I have seen it so many times. My nephews that are close in age to your kids loved the Pirates and Pals cruise. They also love Star Wars fireworks, as do I!

I would not pay for another experience well past their bedtimes either. You don't know how the day will go. For my kids I usually will spend a few extra dollars on a package that has a fastpass for a night show, but nothing more than that. This trip we are doing the Tusker House/Rivers of Light package because it is the earliest show (830pm first show when we are there) and I have a 3 yo. If something happens and we don't make it to Rivers of Light I'm only out a few bucks not a whole prepaid excursion. Then if we make it to any of the other night shows, great. Wishes being at 10pm for the days we are at MK is not going to happen for us, we will all be miserable if she is cranky. (and so will everyone around us!) I sincerely hope to watch Star Wars Galactic Spectacular. I remember being like "meh" with Illuminations when my youngest son was 7. He did like Fantasmic! at that age. ETA he also loved the Pirate cruise, at the time he took it from POR and it was kids only. Not sure if it is still that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter