If Disney were alive today, would he like or dislike want his going on in his company?

I think he'd be angry about the persistent grubby and less than up to show standards of many facets of the parks and the fact that it is simply considered the way things are done today. Filth in monorails, Small World, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin are three very grungy areas that spring to mind first.

I'd love to see the decision makers responsible attempt to explain to him taking a wonderful concept of attraction and character of Figment in the Imagination pavilion and reducing it to something where the big finish is a flatulence joke.

I think he'd be angry about the persistent grubby and less than up to show standards of many facets of the parks and the fact that it is simply considered the way things are done today. Filth in monorails, Small World, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin are three very grungy areas that spring to mind first.

I'd love to see the decision makers responsible attempt to explain to him taking a wonderful concept of attraction and character of Figment in the Imagination pavilion and reducing it to something where the big finish is a flatulence joke.
That’s my thing. I have no issues with the cost. Of course, it’d be nicer if it were cheaper. But no business has any obligation to make anything affordable for me or any certain group. But I do think he would be appalled at the lack of quality. I think it will ultimately be the demise of the company. I don’t necessarily think it’ll happen soon or even in my lifetime, but eventually it won’t be any different than any other theme park.

Well, I never personally knew Walt Disney, but I do know his daughters selected San Francisco for the location of the Walt Disney Family Museum because of their dislike for what the Walt Disney Company has become. The refused to put it anywhere near any of the Disney parks of studios.

If he were alive the Walt Disney company would have ceased to exist and gone out of business years ago.

He was a visionary but not a good business man.

As long as he had the best business minded person beside him, I think all would still exist!! Walt did not worry where the money came from. It's impossible to say what he would have concluded (decisions) with the worldwide billion dollar corporation it is today. I'd like to think he'd see that the average Joe is getting priced out, of late and not have that happen.

Oh jeez, what a slippery slope this could be. Nobody knows for sure. He couldn't have imagined (I don't think) the technology and innovations that exist today.

This always reminds me of what I heard one time. DW and I were in Mission Space green. We were waiting in the room after the video, before you load into the car. There was an older man, I'm guessing 70 or so, with what I could only presume was his grandson. As we waited about 3 minutes or so, he said "This is crazy, Walt would have never approved of this!!" I just smiled.

I can't see him liking the poor quality and money grubbing that we see so often nowadays. However he might have been fascinated with some of the technology but hopefully not that pathetic website!

Well, I never personally knew Walt Disney, but I do know his daughters selected San Francisco for the location of the Walt Disney Family Museum because of their dislike for what the Walt Disney Company has become. The refused to put it anywhere near any of the Disney parks of studios.
How sad this is his legacy and they should have his family have input

I feel like Walt would disapprove of the way lower income people are being priced out of Disney vacations. I know he would have disapproved of all those crummy, low-budget straight-to-video animated movies in the '90s!

Low income people have always been priced out of Disney vacations.

My parents (70 and 72) were not able to vacation at Disneyland when they were growing up. A Disney World vacation was not an option when my sister and I (50 and 49) were growing up.

My son, nieces and nephews have all grown up going to Disney( and on other amazing vacations). Their reality was nothing more than a dream for their parents and grandparents.

Disney vacations have always been out of reach for many.

What do you think?

He'd love some things and be disgusted by others. The rides are pretty solid I must say. The amount and variety of resorts is nice. The Disney brand growth around the world has probably gone beyond what even Walt dreamed.

However, abominations like FP+ would probably make Walt want to puke his guts out.

How sad this is his legacy and they should have his family have input

Walt didn’t want his children or grandchildren involved in the business side. He actively shielded them. I don’t think Walt would have wanted them to be involved.

I think he would have a good business man by his side to take care of that part.

And I think he would be happy with parts of it but I also think there is a whole lot that he would t be.

I do believe some things would have went in a different direction if he had been in charge longer or was still.

I wonder about things like would he have went with DVC or would he have perhaps built more moderate resorts or even more value resorts?

Would there be more quality? Yes, I definitely believe that.

Disneyland admission was $1 in 1955. Rides cost 10-30 cents. Maybe 9x that to account for inflation. I remember even as far back as the 1980s we always thought of visiting as relatively affordable.

Even with $1 admission, there were low income families that couldn't afford that WANT.

Your experiences were not the same for every family in America. In the 80s, Disney was just a dream for me and pretty much everyone I knew. Disney did not become a reality for me until I was firmly planted in the middle class.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter