If buying a DVC resort only for yourself, which would you want to own?

Her Dotness

DIS Veteran
Much though I love the VGF, where DH and I own, I think I'd buy VWL or BRV as it's now called.

I love the Mountain West lodge atmosphere at WL. Love the peace and quiet at VWL as well.

I do not like the CCV floorplans so wouldn't buy there unless I could afford enough points for a CCV cabin. Oh, yeah!

We vacationed often in the Rockies and other Western U.S. ranges when I was a kid. I still love those gorgeous mountains and forests. And, I have fond memories of watching Old Faithful erupt. WL's geyser is a pretty nice representation of Old Faithful.

The only restaurant there that I enjoy is Geyser Point, though, so I'd be fixing some light meals in my studio and PHing to WS or heading out to the CR, Poly and GF to eat. Not a big drawback with a PH and time to go eat wherever I fancy.

How about you? Where would you buy?

I am lucky in that I got to be the sole decider for what we own so they are my favorite ones…RIV and VGF.

I can see the Poly tower being a favorite too and if it comes out as a new association, I’ll own there too.

I have owned BRV, BWV, and BLT along the way and sold when the others became tops!

This comes up with DH once in awhile. I LOVE GF. It’s my favorite. I would gladly sell all my resale points and get in on VGF direct today if DH liked it. But he hates it. He isn’t a Disney fan and his one request in picking a resort is anywhere but GF.
If I wasn’t married to DH I would want enough points at VGF to stay in a 1 bedroom every trip.
Everyday this month I have considered buying a small direct VGF contract but 50 pts won’t take me far. Hoping the new Poly tower isn't a let down because I’ll probably compromise and buy all my points there.

If it’s just me, as in trips with no one else except maybe my husband, I would do Poly. I’d be fine in a studio alone and also with my husband. I’m not fine in a studio with my husband and 2 young children.

If it’s for me as in I get to make the decision where we buy, then my answer is we already own at the places I would want for us as a family because I make the decision on my own.

Last edited:
Okay. However, the question is where would you buy if buying ONLY for yourself--no family involved.

I'm asking somewhat fancifully, hoping people will indulge their personal dreams and desires, choosing on that basis. That's what I was hoping to see rather than selfless and practical considerations. We get such a lot of that sort of analysis on these boards.

Be a little imaginative and a lot selfish--answering as me, me, ME and nobody else. :) Have a little fun. That sort of thread.

Aulani, easy. It's hands-down my favorite Disney resort and I don't mind the length of the flight nearly as much as my wife does.

Cool choice. Why there and not a stateside one? I mean, yeah, it's only in Hawaii. :rolleyes:

What else about it do you especially like? Details, please. Enquiring minds must know these things. :smooth:

i could only convince DH (who’s is not the biggest Disney fan) to agree to a Hilton Head purchase. But I have always regretted not owning an on-site resort. Since I’m the Disney obsessed one I was just waiting for a resort that made my heart sing to go on sale and it happened with VG2 so I pounced! It is my “me me me” resort purchase and DH and I agreed that I will primarily use the points for girls only trips because he is just not that interested.

Having said all that if I could make any additional purchase purely selfishly it would the Grand Californian. Actually was able to use our Hilton Head points for a stay several years ago for a girls trip and it was amazing!! Would add points on there in a heartbeat!

DH isn’t picky so we bought where I love. PVB, VGC, VGF, BLT (wanted the walkway for party nights at MK), BCV, AUL and RIV.
I don’t love SSR but it was cheap.

My "Only Me" choice would be Boardwalk. Awesome theming, great vibes around the boardwalk, a lot of shopping and restaurants in the area, and most importantly is easy access to the Belle Vue Lounge. :-)

I already own there but VGC hands down. Followed by BCV due to its location and then the Aulani because……paradise, lol.

If it's just me, I think I'd go with BLT. If it's allowed, I'd spend some of my points at VBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!