If buying a DVC resort only for yourself, which would you want to own?

CCV is our home..
1st) California bc its a shorter plane ride for us.
2nd) Aulani, DH doesn't like staycations, but I do.
3rd) Beach Club didn't realize how close EPCOT is. The pool is a big plus for the grands.

How about you? Where would you buy?

I bought my first small resale contract at BLT. That was just for me because I always wanted to stay in the ‘Monorail Hotel’ when I was a kid.

I bought more points direct at AKL when it became clear I’d be bringing friends and family.

"Monorail Hotel"? :) No lie! I've long thought BLT looks like a big very ordinary hotel or apartment highrise.

No Disney about it that I can see. :confused3

In my family I’m definitely more of a park-all-day girl while my husband is happier lounging at the resorts, so we compromise our time which means I don’t get as much in-park time as I would like. We also tend to stay at the nicer and more themed resorts because we spend a lot of time at the hotel. If I was buying a contract just for me, so I could use the points how I want and spend the day how I prefer, I’d go with BLT hands down: I could hit up Magic Kingdom all day and then top off the night at TOTW Lounge. Maybe one day!

For me only,,,,it would be 3,,,AKL, BW, SSR/OKW....I have lived in the mountains and loved it,,,but as much as there is love for WL I could not get over the fact that it reminds me of GWL....
SO AKL for being able to wake up to the savana ( I have been to the real one,,,and Disney did a great job), BW so I can sit on the balcony and do my people watching while enjoying a drink and it is beautiful once the lights at night come on...and SSR/OKW for the peaceful relaxed atmosphere and my love for golf. SSR and OKW for me are similar.
I would do a split stay for all 3 and have 3 separate vacations and feel great about each one.
Now to work on getting enough points.

Of the current resorts BLT. My dream was going to be Reflections but.... Now if they were to put one in at Dixie Landings AKA Port Orleans Riverside I'd own there in a heartbeat.

VGF is my choice!! I would love to own there. I love the rooms, dining options, transportation, pool, location, and look and feel of resort. We own at BWV because that is what my husband loves and it's also an amazing resort so I compromised.

Boardwalk. But we already own there because I make the DVC decisions and bookings so it’s already a “me me me” situation :)
Our other points are for sleeping around.

"Monorail Hotel"? :) No lie! I've long thought BLT looks like a big very ordinary hotel or apartment highrise.

My visits to WDW started in the early 80s when I was a child. The Contemporary was the “monorail hotel” to me because the monorail went inside. It was (and continues to be) too expensive for my family to stay there.

I rediscovered my love of Disney and found DVC thanks to Dis Unplugged in 2018. So, I bought DVC at the Contemporary (BLT) to fulfill MY Contemporary dream.

You see/experience the Contemporary from the TTC before even seeing the castle. So, as first impressions go, the Contemporary is pretty “Disney.”

In other news, you asked what people would choose ‘just for themselves’. I wasn’t expecting the judgey reply telling me YOU thought I was wrong. I mean, this was supposed to be for me, wasn’t it? 😳

Be a little imaginative and a lot selfish--answering as me, me, ME and nobody else. :) Have a little fun. That sort of thread.
That’s actually harder for me to decide- there are so many things I love about so many of the DVC resorts!!! It’s a lot easier for me to say, “Where do you want to stay?” than to actually decide for myself 😂😂

That said, I know would want to buy at the VGC so I’d have the excuse to visit DL more often (plus stay at an amazing resort with its own park entrance!) 😍

At WDW, I’d buy (& hopefully will be signing soon!) at VGF. 🤩 RIV & BCV were also totally my choice & I love them both!! 😁

I love our other home resorts too, but they were bought more with family (& finances) in mind.

Was trying to decide between RR and VGF recently because they are both "me" resorts in different ways. Finally decided on VGF, purchased there, and I am quite content.

My visits to WDW started in the early 80s when I was a child. The Contemporary was the “monorail hotel” to me because the monorail went inside.

Ah, well, that tells me more about your understanding of "monorail hotel." I didn't realize this was your meaning until you explained here. Obviously, I didn't read carefully enough to see that you were using your childhood term for the CR. Oopsie, me!

To me, "monorail hotel" simply meant "BLT--that hotel-looking, monorail resort."

In other news, you asked what people would choose ‘just for themselves’. I wasn’t expecting the judgey reply telling me YOU thought I was wrong. I mean, this was supposed to be for me, wasn’t it? 😳

I think you've misunderstood my remark, perhaps.

I was only expressing my perception of BLT, not intending at all to judge or criticize your opinion. Likely a misplaced expression of my opinion given our mutual misunderstanding.

Maybe we could shake hands and agree we each went "Oops!"? :sad1:

Last edited:
VWL(BRV) because after extensive research it’s where I chose to own and have never regretted that decision.

But, VGC is a VERY close 2nd choice.

There is not a single one that I would always want to stay at. I essentially have taken the initiative to buy our holdings, and those are the ones I want.

We do NOT own at RIV, POLY, AULANI, CC, OKW or VGC. Finances, logistics and our ages have factored in to these decisions.

If only for myself, Aulani for sure. To cover the bases, VGF or maybe the new Poly only (not interested in studios) for somewhere on the monorail, and Beach Club for Epcot / HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter