Ideas for making the trip *extra* special for the kids

One thing we're doing, that I hadn't thought of mentioning until I was reminded of it when posting on another thread, is that he is earning stickers for doing certain things like sleeping in his bed all night, keeping his room clean, etc. We're putting the stickers on a reward chart, and each sticker is worth ten cents. So he's earning a dollar for every ten stickers. Some things he does are worth one sticker (every day things like picking up his toys without having to be asked more than once), some things are worth more. For instance, he knows if he sleeps in his bed all night for an entire week, he'll get a bonus ten stickers (this is something he struggles with; he's a snuggler, and really just wants to come and get in bed with us, so an entire week of staying only in his bed would be a huge deal).

I have a Disney gift card with $10 on it already, so he'll get that if he earns $10 (he's up to $4 right now, with a month left to go), and if he earns more than that, I'll add to it before we leave.

He knows what he's earning money for, and he's super excited to have his own gift card to use to buy whatever he wants at DL. I think that moment when he gets to hand the gift card to the cashier is going to be really awesome for him :love:

Love this. I'm doing this now with my boys. We've been trying to get them to take over cleaning the playroom - which is a disaster and I just presented them with the idea that if they clean up the playroom on their own they will get a 10.00 Disney gift card on top of what they have been doing extra for chores. It worked they are busy cleaning up right now.:cool1: THank you for the idea:worship:saved me a lot of work trying to clean up.

Love this. I'm doing this now with my boys. We've been trying to get them to take over cleaning the playroom - which is a disaster and I just presented them with the idea that if they clean up the playroom on their own they will get a 10.00 Disney gift card on top of what they have been doing extra for chores. It worked they are busy cleaning up right now.:cool1: THank you for the idea:worship:saved me a lot of work trying to clean up.

Glad I could help! :thumbsup2

I haven't done this with my son, but a friend pays her kids' allowance in Disney Dollars for a couple months leading up to their annual trip. They then have their own spending money for in the parks and they love getting the Disney dollars.

Be sure to go to Toon Town and get plenty of pictures with Mickey, as well as the other characters that are there. We still have the first pictures of our children with Mickey hanging on the wall. They will be on the wall as long I am alive. :-):cool1:

I haven't done this with my son, but a friend pays her kids' allowance in Disney Dollars for a couple months leading up to their annual trip. They then have their own spending money for in the parks and they love getting the Disney dollars.

Be sure to go to Toon Town and get plenty of pictures with Mickey, as well as the other characters that are there. We still have the first pictures of our children with Mickey hanging on the wall. They will be on the wall as long I am alive. :-):cool1:

Great ideas!

Minnie Mouse visits our hotel room each night while the children are sleeping and leaves them each a small (very small!) gift wrapped in red paper with white polka dots. The children love unwrapping it and always are thrilled with their small gift. They've never felt the need to ask for "stuff" in Disneyland because they are happy with their gifts that Minnie picked out just for them.

Minnie Mouse visits our hotel room each night while the children are sleeping and leaves them each a small (very small!) gift wrapped in red paper with white polka dots. The children love unwrapping it and always are thrilled with their small gift. They've never felt the need to ask for "stuff" in Disneyland because they are happy with their gifts that Minnie picked out just for them.

That is super sweet :) Minnie is my favorite. I may just adopt a form of this!

Build your own lightsaber is at Star Trader (near Star Tours). It's reasonably priced and you can customize.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!