Iconic Restuarants that are no more.

Most of the Hardee's restaurants closed years ago, but there is one on the way to Madison. We always stop on our way there. Hardees used to be all over the place and they disappeared so fast!

I would get a low-fat twist cone all the time. They don't even have those anymore. :(

We still have quite a few Hardee's here in NC.

Ok waaaaaay back..

But as a kid growing up, you could eat at Sears in a cafeteria they had.. This was in White Plains NY..

My Dad work near one and a big deal to there

Also Howard Johnsons was known for dinner, not hotels when I was younger..

I use to work at both Friendlies and ground round here on Long Island.

Did it all at Friendlies, an mos of the stores are still around

Waitered at GR and that's been gone a while. I remember the weigh in from when I was a kid. Plus the popcorn--that stuff would be all over the place by the end of the night, and the big screen projector playing the old, slightly odd cartoons. I remember there were 2 rooms, the kids/family room and the adult room. Man, I always wanted to eat in the adult room, it was like graduating to the adult table on thanksgiving.

Yes, Howard Johnson's. Yummy food, and ice cream. There were also some HJ items carried in our grocery store frozen food cases. I especially loved the toaster squares that tasted like sweet-type corn bread. Delish! Favorite HJ ice cream flavor was Pistachio.

The Russian Tea Room in NYC. I was only there twice, but it left a lasting impression.

Sizzler (although I guess they still exist in some states)

Big Boy

we ALWAYS eat at Big Boy when we visit family in Cincinnati. i wish there were one here.

i'm bummed because our On the Border closed (i know they're still around, but not here). i also miss Friendly's, but i know some of those are still around.

Chi-Chi's was SO great!

Steak and Ale for me. Great salad bar and loved the Kensington Club. Del Taco is missed also. Yes I remember the Woolworth's counter too!

Tony Baloney's and Shakey's Pizza.
Woolworth's counter for the hot dog in the wierd bun that was grilled.

Owlpost23 said:
Magic Pan! Tasty tasty!

Yum! Loved that place. I miss Famous-Barr's Mauritania Room. French onion soup was the best. Also miss Tippins -- a lot! Loved their soups and pie -- a perfect meal.

I forgot about Rax!
We have Friendlys all over the place here.
Miss ChiChi's too! How about Don Pablos? Those are not here any more.

I remember Furrs cafeteria. When we would visit my grandparents in Greely Co. we would go there for Sunday dinner. It was funny because my dad and granddad would say lets get there early before the piano lady starts playing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter