Ice cream around the world

I really don't think there's anything better in the whole entire World than the ooey gooey butter cake ice cream at Ample Hills creamery on the Boardwalk... :cloud9:

Ample Hills.
You need Ample Hills.

Sounds like your Epcot and Hollywood days will be ice cream testing days. Fountain, Ample Hills, Beach Club, and Epcot - all VERY easy walking distance of each other. The Friendship boat from hollywood can get you there in a jiff as well.
Make it happen.

I really loved Ample Hills. The Baked/Unbaked was out of this world. However, I have this strange "thing" that I'd rather have regular ice cream with toppings than ice cream with pieces in it- as weird as that sounds.

I love the No Way Jose at Beaches and Cream.

L'artisan is very good and creamy

I love the homemade ice cream cookie sandwich at The Plaza.

Something as simple as a croissant donut a la mode even revs my engine.

Ample Hills.
You need Ample Hills.

Sounds like your Epcot and Hollywood days will be ice cream testing days. Fountain, Ample Hills, Beach Club, and Epcot - all VERY easy walking distance of each other. The Friendship boat from hollywood can get you there in a jiff as well.
Make it happen.
Now that sounds like a plan!!!

I second Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club and the Anandapur truck in Animal Kingdom!

The Mickey pants kitchen sink, sundaes, and shakes are all delicious at Beaches & Cream! No exotic flavors like Ample Hills or L'Artisan des Glaces, but solid classic flavors and toppings. Anandapur has my favorite soft serve at Disney. Very nice and creamy, not icy or anything.

We love the different flavours of ice cream at Ample Hills at the Boardwalkbut for a more simple ice cream we like the Fountain.

The Dark Chocolate at Ample Hills is amazing! It is so rich, it doesn't need any toppings or accessories. Just a scoop in a cup . . . :cloud9:

The majority of ice cream available at Disney is made by Dryers ...

Yep. And dryers/edys has ingredients my family can't have (and isn't very good IMO). So we pass on that.

So disappointing that ghirardellis uses them, as the rest of their ingredients are decent.

So we hit Haagen dasz and are happy. Or we go to the store and buy things for much cheaper. And are even more happy.

Would love to get ingredients for ample hills but their website doesn't show it last I checked. And that name makes the "naughty joke" 6th grader inside my head chortle.

If you have a car, there's a custard store up near the Orlando Eye that is to die for. Right near YardHouse.

Would love to get ingredients for ample hills but their website doesn't show it last I checked.

They do have that information available in a book at the counter. You can also find it online if you Google. I have seen photos of the pages in the book.

You MUST MUST MUST go to L'Artisan des Glaces in France and get the brioche ice cream sandwich!! You choose your ice cream flavor (all of which are good) and a chocolate or raspberry drizzle, then they put it inside of a brioche bun and seal is closed with a warm waffle-iron type thing. It is TO DIE FOR!! The warmth on the outside and the cold on the inside is amazing. I've never had anything like it. I was with 4 people last time I went and all of us got one. We all vowed to never skip it again.

Is this a DDP snack credit? Are any of the items there?

My family loves the No Way Jose Sundae at Beaches and Cream, but after reading the other replies here, I see we have to expand our horizons (and waistlines) the next trip!

Is this a DDP snack credit? Are any of the items there?

So I just went to check and was very sad to see that it's not. I've not been on a DDP since I discovered it. I was so looking forward to using a snack credit. It's just over $6 and I will still be paying out of pocket for one. It's large enough to share with someone else. (If you are ok sharing ice cream, my mother is grossed out by it.) We have a couple gift cards that were given to us at Christmas that we were planning to use for alcohol and non-snack credit items, guess this will be added to that list. :) They did have macaroon ice cream sandwiches and a single scoop on the DDP for snacks so there is something you can get. I've not heard if the macaroon sandwiches are good. Trust me when I say it is worth every penny to pay for the brioche out of pocket!

I haven't tried the one in Disney Springs yet (though I plan to remedy that soon).

1. L'aritsan de glace EPCOT
2. Ample Hills- Boardwalk
3. Ghiradelli for sundaes-DS
4. beaches & Cream for fun sundaes (Beach Club)

This thread is delicious! I'm going to put a couple places on our list for the next visit. I already was planning to try and get an ADR for beaches & cream so the family can try the kitchen sink....but so many additional places to investigate! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter