Ice cream around the world

momtoprincesses

Mouseketeer
Where are the best places to get ice cream at WDW? My three girls love ice cream so I want to indulge in a few treats when we visit in October. We are staying at the Poly and plan to visit Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and perhaps Disney Springs. Thanks for the recommendations!

The majority of ice cream available at Disney is made by Dryers - all are 'premium ice cream'.

Places that offer more than Dryers, and in my personal order:

1.) Vivoli il Gelato in [Downtown] Disney Springs - may be the best I've ever had.
2.) L'Artisan des Glaces in France - we grab Champagne from the wine shop too.
3.) Fountain inside Dolphin - Ice cream is local, not mass produced. Seating available.
4.) Ghiradelli in [Downtown] Disney Springs - Yes, made by Dryers, but some of the chocolate flavors are not commercially available, and the fresh whipped cream is superior.

Haagen Dazs is also available in [Downtown] Disney Springs and is considered a 'super premium' ice cream. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Haagen Dazs.

Where are the best places to get ice cream at WDW? My three girls love ice cream so I want to indulge in a few treats when we visit in October. We are staying at the Poly and plan to visit Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and perhaps Disney Springs. Thanks for the recommendations!
The Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop at Disney Springs is a great place for ice cream and other frozen treats. I also like the Beaches and Cream Soda Shoppe between the Yacht and Beach Club. You can walk there from Epcot.

L'Artisan des Glaces in the France pavilion at Epcot is my favorite. Beaches & Cream gets a lot of attention, but I prefer the Fountain at the Dolphin.

Via Napoli had some pretty good gelato....we liked it better than the gelato cart outside Italy. Also I remember Coronado Springs Resort had a gelato station. I can't wait to try the L'Artisan des Glaces in France.

L'Artisan des Glaces in France- their sorbet is great!
Trattoria on the Boardwalk - best gelato on property.. Their hazelnut
Ghiradelli DS- tried a couple of their sundaes.. They're amazing! Esp the sea salt one

You could try and conquer the Kitchen Sink at Beach Club with the whole family. I totally agree with PP above that a Mickey bar is a trip requirement.

You could try and conquer the Kitchen Sink at Beach Club with the whole family. I totally agree with PP above that a Mickey bar is a trip requirement.
If you want to try Beaches and Cream and want to eat inside the restaurant, make sure to make an ADR. It's a very small space and the ADR's typically go fast. I don't think they take walk-ups anymore.

I'm a huge ice cream fan (had a milkshake night before last when it was 20 outside, honey thought I was crazy but a girl has to do what a girl has to do). I always have to stop at France, it's my favorite. I also like the ice cream parlor at Dolphin, in my opinion it beats Beaches and Cream and isn't as loud or crowded. If you just want a cone and not a mickey bar (which I personally do not like) in each park:

MK there is the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, it may be Dryers but nothing beats an ice cream cone.
Epcot there is France and Gelato from Itlay.
HS there is Hollywood Scoops and I think Min and Bills serves it too.
AK there is Anandapur Ice Cream Truck, I think it's soft serve. I've never actually had a cone at AK, what is that? I'll have to take care of that in March.

You MUST MUST MUST go to L'Artisan des Glaces in France and get the brioche ice cream sandwich!! You choose your ice cream flavor (all of which are good) and a chocolate or raspberry drizzle, then they put it inside of a brioche bun and seal is closed with a warm waffle-iron type thing. It is TO DIE FOR!! The warmth on the outside and the cold on the inside is amazing. I've never had anything like it. I was with 4 people last time I went and all of us got one. We all vowed to never skip it again.

Another vote for L'Artisan des Glaces and the brioche!
DSC_0106_zps55d9bb47.jpg

DSC_0107_zps06f383b8.jpg

DSC_0111_zps0da73ccb.jpg

For desserts, my favorite ice cream (well, it's gelato) dessert is the Coppa di Brutti Ma Buoni sundae (Amarena cherry & vanilla gelato sundae) at Via Napoli.
DSC_0427_zps0glr3owe.jpg

I'm a huge ice cream fan (had a milkshake night before last when it was 20 outside, honey thought I was crazy but a girl has to do what a girl has to do). I always have to stop at France, it's my favorite. I also like the ice cream parlor at Dolphin, in my opinion it beats Beaches and Cream and isn't as loud or crowded. If you just want a cone and not a mickey bar (which I personally do not like) in each park:

MK there is the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, it may be Dryers but nothing beats an ice cream cone.
Epcot there is France and Gelato from Itlay.
HS there is Hollywood Scoops and I think Min and Bills serves it too.
AK there is Anandapur Ice Cream Truck, I think it's soft serve. I've never actually had a cone at AK, what is that? I'll have to take care of that in March.
It's never too cold for ice cream!!

Strictly in terms of ice cream quality and not overall experience, L'Artisan des Glaces in Epcot's France pavilion is the best, followed closely, in my opinion, by Ample Hills on the BoardWalk. If atmosphere is important to you, Beaches & Cream is a great choice.

All are homemade and delicious!
Ample Hills-Boardwalk
L'Artisan des Glaces-EPCOT
Vivoli il Gelato-DS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter