IBS-d food options in the parks.

Yeah, they've changed the kids' menus so that they are pretty similar across the entire property, IMO. I'm guessing because parents complained they couldn't get their kids to eat anything "exotic" from the more creative menus they used to have. Seems to go in waves - they get new food input and then they change things across the board. I wish they'd stay creative and have more interesting things for the kids, or at least more than chicken tenders and cheeseburgers and uncrustables.
I sort of recall turkey sandwiches around the time I felt like we were being bombarded with the kid's check meals based on healthy eating. With our doing mostly table service this was huge for us as my allergy kid would have places that had multiple choices for what to eat, but I noticed earlier this year in spite of outgrowing a number of allergens (including soy, wheat and his last tree nuts) he actually had fewer options now.

They almost need to put out a "kids meal guide" like how they used to make the allergen guides. One sheet per park that tells you where to find nuggets, mac and cheese, burgers, and where you might find something else. Yes, we can all click through all the menus but it's super clunky when you know exactly what you're looking for and this is a major issue for many families, so just cut the extra stress and tell us which half of the park to be in at meal time.

Definitely take the time to check the menu's of the QS restaurants as well. I have similar issues, and I've found that I can almost always find things to eat that are not fried. Satuli Canteen is one of my favorites.

This sounds odd but I have an issue with salad bars and pre-packaged salads.. I also can have reactions to pre-packaged sandwiches; and soft-serve ice cream (only certain brands).. Some places use a rinse to keep the lettuce from browning (not used as much now thank god) but that would send my IBS into overtime.. Some spices will also aggravate me and really fatty food can compound it all because of a lack of a gallbladder. I would suggest bringing your own food as much as possible if you are really sensitive. IDK if any OTCs help your symptoms but if they do I would ensure you take those with you. Not to be insensitive but also maybe a change of clothes (i will be bringing that into the park for myself).
As a side note.. don't worry about what people think.. If they have an issue its their issue not yours, CM and staff will not question you. I remember after my one surgery my red blood cell count was really low after I was released; I had a hard time walking for more than 5-10 minutes at a time.. I had to use a scooter at the store because of it, no one questioned why a 38-year-old with no visible issues was riding around in one of the store's scooters.
Id also maybe suggest that if the heat and walking will be an issue look into scooter rentals. Taking care of yourself is priority #1.. :-)

My first question is to ask if there are many quick service /snack places in the park that sell non fried food or would I be better bringing my own lunch? I have checked the menus for all the TS meals we have booked and they all have options which are reasonably safe.
I have IBS so know what you're saying when a flareup says, "Gotta go NOW."

I'm guessing you know what are trigger foods for you and can regard the mobile ordering allergy-friendly menu options as safe if doing QS.

If in doubt an item actually will be safe, go to the QS counter and say you have allergies and need to order that way. I must omit gluten and dairy so learned that I could not mobile order most places. There will be a CM who can advise you what truly will be safe or can assist you in choosing.

For TS, it's advisable to ask to speak with a chef if you have multiple trigger foods, particularly if any that are not also common allergens.

IBS is a nasty condition. Good luck staying flare free while there.

My conditions are invisible and unless I'm having to exit a line quickly or use an inhaler no one would know anything is wrong with our family. I'm anxious enough about posting this on a public forum but also anxious about using the DAS. I don't want people to think we are abusing it and don't want to have to explain to every cast memeber why we can't queue. Does anyone else with invisible conditions relate do this or have experience negative or positive? Thank you.
The entry is the lightning lane, so the same as if you paid for G+. The cast member will only confirm the photo and ask about accessibility questions like stairs or wheelchair transfer, like they would in the other line as well.

I have crohn's disease as well as asthma and several other things and I try to eat low carb. My disabilities are invisible as you can't see my scars from over 40 surgeries and counting. People are too warped up in their own trip to comment and if they have commented I'm too wrapped up in our trip to notice. We mostly eat in the lounges. I've never had trouble finding a meal that works. I use a combo of DAS, Genie+ and Lightening Lane. Have a good time and focus on your fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!