Ibotta

StacyStrong

DIS Veteran
For those of you who use Ibotta. How helpful is it for you? I just started and I'm at $8.75 after a couple trips to stores, but I'm wondering how often people are able to cash out (aka hit $20)

And does the money expire? As in, do you need to cash out by a certain time?

The first time I got a new member bonus and hit it in a week. It took me a month to add up the second time.

I've been doing it for a almost a year, and haven't cashed out yet. Make sure you link up with Facebook and find as many friends as you can that use the app as well. There's all sorts of bonuses and such. Also, do not post your friend code or whatever it is here, it's not allowed.

My advice is just keep letting the rebates pile up.

Were really do not buy a lot of processed food or alcohol, and don't have pets, so it takes me a while to add up. I am not using it for a disney trip, so I just cash out every time. I pretty much only end up with the any grocery item, the produce ones, the any cheese, that kind of stuff.

I've been using Ibotta for about 18 mos and have made about $150. I'm a slow earner cause I don't buy many of the products they have rebates for. I think Walmart tends to have the most of what we would buy but I rarely get groceries there.

I got my dh to sign up and meet the min spend so he and I would both get a rebate and then my mom signed up under me too. She uses it a lot. She is in TX. I have a friend in TX who uses Ibotta and cashes out like $50 month!! I think the items are regional and there are lots more offers in some locations than others. I live outside Denver and many of our offers are alcohol and very health conscious processed items, which seems to fit the population here but not really our family.

I like fetch rewards too. Again, slow earner but you can submit any receipt for some points.

I don't have any teammates because it won't link up for me for some reason. But I have been using it for about three years and have earned $318. It doesn't take much time and there are some weeks I get a lot (when they have any brand and produce rebates) and some weeks I don't have much at all.

I have been using Ibotta for about 1.5 years but there is months where i do not scan any receipts because i am busy, or tired of scanning or just forget. Or worst i throw it away. But I checked and i have earned $83 since i joined. I usually cash out at $20. Right now i am at $29 and not cashing out until around November.

I like fetch rewards too. Again, slow earner but you can submit any receipt for some points.

I gave up on ibotta, but I do use Fetch and Receipt Pal. They are slow earners but in my opinion easier and lest time consuming than ibotta.

I've have it for over a year and am just close my first $20. I rarely buy name brand, and they don't really have generic. I really only gain money from the once a week any item. Here and there I may get something else. I just keep it because I figure I'll just scan a receipt for .$25 every week lol.

It seems to go in spurts for me. I just cashed out for the third time after maybe a year and a half. I've earned maybe a couple hundred dollars. Some months I earn quite a bit, some months nothing appeals to me. I make sure to check it each time I make a grocery list and see if there is anything.

Checkout 51 is another one I use (along with Fetch and Ibotta) Checkout 51 has more cleaning products and things like that I use than the others. It's a slow earner too. I tend to wait until right before a trip or Christmas and cash out everything I've done for the year.

I have a question. Do you get rewarded for buying certain things? How does it work?

I joined in January and have earned $87. I’m happy with the payout for the effort expended.

I spend a minute or two each day checking the new offers for Walmart & Food Lion (only grocery stores in my small town) and adding any that I think I may use. After I make my final grocery list for the week, I spend about 5 minutes checking all the offers for the grocery store to make sure I didn’t miss any I may use. While shopping, I check my ibotta offers to help compare prices, which probably adds 5 minutes to my trip but I would compare prices even if I didn’t use the app. When I’m done shopping, uploading the receipt takes a minute or two. It takes a little bit of time each week but, for ~$20 a month, I’m satisfied.

I am happy with Ibotta, some months are great and have things that we will use and then I can go weeks and not see anything worth getting. For example, March I earned .25, April was $8.75 and so far for May I have earned $35.85.

Wife loves it...with the app and scanning of receipts it’s so simple, less effort than clipping coupons!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter