I Would Like to Apologize

Chattyaholic

~For years I wanted to be older, and now I am~ Mar
To all of the gay men and lesbian women who I may have offended, I would like to offer a heartfelt apology and say I'm sorry to you.

I was a participant in the Brokeback Mountain thread on the community board and I am sure I offended some people there.

I have always felt that I am a non-judgmental person. I don't feel that "my way" is necessarily the "right way" for anyone else. I don't judge people on how they look, how they were brought up, etc. I've always felt "live and let live." But my views on gays/lesbians didn't reflect that.

I have never been prejudiced against other races of people, or people of different faiths. I can't stand prejudice. But, my views on gays/lesbians didn't reflect that either.

After participating in the Brokeback Mountain thread, I had a lengthy discussion with my husband about gays and lesbians and some of the things he said were very thought provoking. I thought about it for quite some time. And for a couple of weeks I have felt that I really owed people here an apology.

It is not my place to judge gay/lesbian people. It is God's place to judge all of us someday. So, I need to keep my nose out of it. :) I need to be more understanding, more compassionate, more caring, and act more like a Christian should act.

So, to all who I may have offended, I am truly sorry.

Thank you! I give you a tremendous amount of credit for being willing to look inside yourself and more credit for publicly offering this apology.

I am happy for you that you are having a change of heart and mind. And I believe that it is to the benefit of humanity that you do so. Realistically, you probably did not offend many people. I think most people who know they are being unfairly discriminated against by someone they aren't really acquainted with feel sad and frustrated and angry, but not necessarily hurt or offended. However, I'm sure you can now have a real and positive influence on those who are struggling with self-judgment and those whom you see unfairly judging others. I hope you will consider speaking out on the straight boards about your evolution.

Thank you! I give you a tremendous amount of credit for being willing to look inside yourself and more credit for publicly offering this apology.

ditto.

Now - go rent the movie... ;)

Now where is that standing ovation smilie??? Hmmmm can't seem to find it anywhere!! So.. Here is a sad substitute...

BRAVO... BRAVA.... 3 cheers for you and your revelation.... doesn't it feel soooo good to get stuff off your heart!

Thanks... from my heart.. :)

Kathy

What a great post! Well now that you have thought about it, don't be a stranger on this thread. Come over and visit more often! We can be a lot of fun! We are a great bunch of people!

And please, carry no guilt about the way you used to feel. Many of us felt the same way before we liberated ourselves or "came out of the closet".

Most of us are old enough to remember when these things simply we're not talked about. Marriage? Your kidding right? Rights? Ya right! The important thing to remember is we are all kind human beings, and deep down inside, our real love is for a mouse! Talk about fetishes! :rotfl2:

Thank you for your post. God put all of us here together , and since then he watches to see how we treat each other. Also must have been something real thought provoking that your husband said. I think he's lucky to have you. You guys talk and LISTEN to each other. Ok rambling here . Be Blessed :sunny:

Thank you so much for your post, well said and well done.

And the judging part - God already did and her/his verdict was, "not guilty." :thumbsup2

(Sorry, folks, for that little bit of theology, but I am a preacher and it's Lent) :angel: :angel: :angel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter