I Went Soarin!!!!!!!!!

I am really excited about this ride. I'm going in August and I can't wait. I'm so excited, I even had a dream I was on it. Do you think I'm obsessed? LOL

Luckily, we'll be there for AP preview weekend in a few weeks. I'm so excited about doing this ride. I know where I'll be bright & early on our first morning (which happens to be on preview weekend) :cool1:

DS16, DH and I have ridden this in CA, but are so glad we'll be able to share it with DS24 on 4/17. Lots of us New Englanders will be there during our April school vacation break.

This was my favorite ride at Disneyland when we visited year before last! I was so excited to see it would be at WDW when we visit in June. For the person who asked about RC/Star Tours comparison. You'll be fine! I'm a ride wimp. Space Mountain scared the fool out of me and I don't do roller coasters. Don't like heights, don't like drops, LOVED Soarin'. Nothing scary about it! It's actually very relaxing but also was a big favorite with DD who is a roller coaster maniac! :lovestruc

tmq2766 said:
Me and DD10 were in the right place at the right time on Wednesday the 23rd and got to try it out!!!!One word AWESOME!!!!!! This ride is WAY cool!!!!! I actually felt like I could dip my feet in the pacific ocean!!!!

I felt the same way, too! I rode it in DCA about a year ago. Whenever you're going over the golf course, it looked like I kicked a golfer in the head, and I said, "Sorry." It was that realistic! I was soo excited to hear it was coming to WDW, as our family has been hoping to plan another trip there soon.

for those of you who have experienced this ride, how are you fastened in? Just by a lap belt? Or is there something else too?

MyTH said:
I wonder how many years it will be before Disney changes the movie. Flying over California is great, but one of the great things about the design of this ride is that it would be economical to re-theme.
I read somewhere that they're supposed to have a new movie for WDW Soarin' sometime in 2007 - with scenes from all over the world.

SammieG said:
for those of you who have experienced this ride, how are you fastened in? Just by a lap belt? Or is there something else too?

I believe it's just a lap belt for adults, but it's not the kind you find in cars exactly. These were really stretchy and pull tight on their own. I hope I'm describing it accurately. For kids (or just really short people like me :)), there is a belt to fasten between the legs (I guess so there's no chance of slipping). If you're worried about being tossed about, it really is a very smooth rde.

Hope this helps, and I hope you get a chance to ride it b/c it really is awesome!!

Does anyone know when the official opening is?? We'll be at WDW May 1 - 7. Hoping to get to ride this. Sounds really cool! Is it a wait in a long line type ride? Not to be missed?

JDarling said:
That depends on what row you're in. Row 1 is the highest (I would wager around 50 feet). Row two is below row 3 (So about 40 feet) and row 3 is below row 2 (so about 30 feet). My suggestion would be to go to row 2. You may have to deal with the feet of people in row 1, but you don't see the top of the screen (like you do in row 1) and the bottom of the screen (like you do in row 3). You start out with the three rows on the floor, 1 in the front and 3 in the back (there are 2 rows of each side by side). Once you are all ready for "lift off", the seats rotate up as they are lifted in front of the screen.

Thank you for the tip! And OT, WTG on your weight loss - keep up the awesome work. I'm hoping to lose about 30 by our trip too - back on the Atkins wagon :cool1:

I am really looking forward to this ride. Bummer that it appears our 2 yo won't be able to ride, but thank God for baby swap :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter