I went bagless!

Yep, this last trip I decided to go bagless for the first time in 9 years so I wouldn't have to go through bag check then DD9 suddenly decides she is going to carry a bag. :confused3 I tried explaining to her why but she insisted she need a bag so by the end of the trip, I was back to carrying a bag since we had to go through the bag check line anyway. :rotfl2: Maybe next trip.

I took a bag the last time I went, but I probably didn't need to. Ended up only using chap stick and hand sanitizer.

I did this last month, too! I loved it. First trip bagless and stroller-less. It was great!

VP

I'm always the planner of my trips, everyone expects me to be prepared for disaster! Haha, I like carrying cash around with me but I could take the plunge and just use my magic band and pay the bill at the end...but that just makes it harder for me to keep track of what I'm spending! I'm so used to having my wallet, phone, snacks, first aid and a notebook to keep track of my reservations and plans! Everyone thinks we're being fun and spontaneous but really I'm gently guiding everyone in the right direction. ;) I think this year I will be able to go bagless at least half of the days...we're not planning on doing parks sun up to sun down this year. Fingers crossed that I get to feel the freedom! :p

I was too chicken to go completely bagless, so I got a locker. It was wonderful! We did go back to the locker for jackets, but I think I'd be okay going bagless next trip.

I don't see it happening for me... phone, external phone charger, advil, gum, wallet... not a big bag, but still a bag!

I honestly don't know how you do it! I'd like to go bagless but I don't see it happening. It works for us though. I send DH and DD in through the no bag line. They can ride Space Mtn or Mission Space while I go through bag check and then we meet back up.

I did take my FlipBelt, which was GREAT for park days. https://flipbelt.com/
VP

I have one similar to this and was stopped by security and told I had to go through the bag check line, you could see the outline of the little flip wallet I had in there, I was carrying my phone in my hand, I even took the wallet out and showed it to the security person, thus leaving the belt flat and nope didn't work. I had to shimmy out of it and go through bag check, where they looked at me like I was crazy. Now I wear it under my dress/shirt and go to the bathroom after I'm in the park and pull it on top.

If only.....lol. If it was just me and the wife, possibly, but not when you have a 9 year old boy with you. I was able to get a nice light weight bag from Eddie Bauer last year. Carried around our water bottles, extra battery packs and snacks etc. Also any small trinkets bought would go in it. I actually would forget I was wearing it.

I did it a few trips ago and loved it! Unfortunately couldn't do it the last three trips - 2014 - we had an 18 month old, 2016 - we had a not-quite potty-trained 3 year old, and the one I just got home from yesterday - my little girl wanted her Disney Encyclopedia autographed and her princess dolls to meet the princesses. However, November is coming up and we are going with no kids, so no bags!

I used to go bagless all the time, but with the advent of the metal detectors, I find it's easier to have a small bag that holds my wallet, phone, and hand wipes, so I can just place the bag in the bin instead of having to unload pockets and maybe drop the phone. I have the Dooney Haunted Mansion pouchette crossbody bag, that is the perfect size to carry just what I need and nothing more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter