I want spring!

LBAK

DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>The girl at ou
I hate this snow and ice. Every year about mid-February I get that gardeing itch. I guess knowing that soon my crocus will pop through gives me the itch. I've poured over my catologs and gardening magazines, I've been on all my websites now what do I do? I think I might have to go out and buy an orchid or something. What gets you through this last part of winter until the gardening season starts?

It's getting to me too. I've been pouring over gardening mags & sites. Taking pics from inside. Too windy and cold brrr
232814336.jpg

232819604.jpg

232820293.jpg

My bulbs all came up during the warm spell then the cold spell hit...I am so ready for spring..:guilty:

Friday, we had lovely spring weather and I was outside looking at the garden beds and I noticed some of my bulb plants peaking through the mulch. I am so ready for planting season. DH and I are going to a Lawn & Garden show on Thursday and I'm looking forward to new ideas. One of my friends owns a landscaping business and she called this weekend and asked if I wanted a part time job helping her out and I said YES! I quit my job in January, after 19 years managing a floral shop, to return to college. Already have a BS in Natural Resource Managment and now I'm going for a teaching degree and I need something to do during some of my off time.

I'm going particularly crazy this year, because I'm not certain whether I'll have my garden center job to go back to. My boss is trying to sell the place, or if he can't do that, lease it. I'm not in a financial position to take it over, otherwise it would be a no-brainer, but I have a neighbor who is trying to get the place from him. She's said she'll keep me on, and have me run the place, which would be ideal! But now the present boss is being weird, is not sure he wants to let the place go after all (he's had it for 30 years, has NEVER liked plants, and is thoroughly burned out, yet is not ready to let go....GRRRRR!) So, I wait.

In the meantime, I'll start some plants under lights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter