I want a resort that feeds me like a cruise...

smartmommy4

Earning My Ears
It takes a long time to eat at Disney. I want to stay at a resort that provides full meals and snacks all day long. I know the club level provides some food and more service, but I don't want service. I just want food! It takes so long to eat at Disney. I don't want to wait at all. I wish Disney would provide a hotel that has full meals available that you can just go and chow, no waiting or paying, three meals a day. And charge accordingly so that they make good profit. It will save so much time.

This can work out with properly designed plans. For example, it can provide additional dining plans for guests to eat at the parks at discount rates, being that if they eat at the parks they won't eat as much at the hotel, etc.

I wish every Disney hotel will have this. Say just reserve one building for this purpose, and the food can be from the local food court and hotel restaurant, and have a small room for serving it. Then charge per person for eating in the room. The waiting in line to buy food and waiting to pay for it can be skipped.

An interesting idea. I see the same problem with it as rwdavis2; great for a cruise where everything you do is close to your room and the dining area. At WDW guests typically spend all day in a park. Breakfast at the resort often, but lunch and dinner is usually a long way away from the resort.
I wish Disney would provide a hotel that has full meals available that you can just go and chow, no waiting or paying, three meals a day. And charge accordingly so that they make good profit. It will save so much time.
How many meals do you think you would eat at the resort? Would you leave the park mid-day to head back to the hotel to have lunch? Then return to the park and head back to the hotel around dinner? Seems like the travel time would eliminate any time saving.

My favourite thing about dining at WDW is the amount of options and different experiences available. We typically go for 14 days and try to not dine at the same place twice on a trip. So no, going back to eat at the same hotel every day would not appeal to me, especially when there’s so many great options available around the whole of WDW.

I also don't see how this would work for people on a budget who share meals and bring their own food into the parks. If everyone is being charged a higher price for this unlimited access to food then a lot of people will be priced out.

On a cruise ship people have nowhere else to go. They want activities, eating etc 24 hours a day and make their own schedule. At WDW people are not limited to one small place. Their schedules are mostly based on the park hours. A 24 hour buffet would be vacant for much of the night.

It takes a long time to eat at Disney. I want to stay at a resort that provides full meals and snacks all day long. I know the club level provides some food and more service, but I don't want service. I just want food! It takes so long to eat at Disney. I don't want to wait at all. I wish Disney would provide a hotel that has full meals available that you can just go and chow, no waiting or paying, three meals a day. And charge accordingly so that they make good profit. It will save so much time.

This can work out with properly designed plans. For example, it can provide additional dining plans for guests to eat at the parks at discount rates, being that if they eat at the parks they won't eat as much at the hotel, etc.

I wish every Disney hotel will have this. Say just reserve one building for this purpose, and the food can be from the local food court and hotel restaurant, and have a small room for serving it. Then charge per person for eating in the room. The waiting in line to buy food and waiting to pay for it can be skipped.
So you want fast food nonstop. Wouldn't be surprised if your fantasy is part of your near future.

They already have this type of setups at various industrial parks and office complexes. Some heat the food directly via the vending machines and others go for a nuker setup right next to the food machines. As things stand now, park and resort food are set up as different profit streams within most Food and Beverage Departments so until a company opts to go back in time and accept the money as all OR designs/purchases software that can delineate the funds (maybe via a magic band?) your dream of eating night and day wherever you want won't happen.
Interesting concept though:).

For the record I'm not a big fan of buffets on the sea or land and tend to eat a sitdown full service meal in the main dining room on a cruise or table service at a resort. I enjoy eating leisurely.

Sounds like a Disney cruise would be just right for you.

That kind of meal availability would be impossible to implement in the parks, though. That's okay in my book.

Staying club level at a deluxe resort provides a source of beverages, snacks & small meals that you can drop in and eat. I like not always having to schedule a meal, wait to be served, etc. That is one of the attractions of club level for us. But I also like that club level meals are light. I don't need or want heavy meals constantly at the ready.

Yet cruises don't even do this? There are certain hours things are open. Sure room service is available but it is that way at a hotel too. Yes you have to wait. The menu is very limited too depending on the hours. Buffets are only open certain hours. Not always for dinner neither, I have found. Dining room, again set hours and you wait.

I think the dining plan was the answer to people who wanted a cruise like feel. The buffets are plenty at WDW.

I cannot see any point to this in WDW. It seems like you want an all inclusive resort, but who would pay for that and then need to pay for the meals in parks, or character meals, or show/meals? The concept works if you never leave he resort, but I don't know anyone who would travel to WDW and then camp out in the resort.

If I want an all inclusive I will choose one where I knwo I am confined to the area, such as a large AI resort or a cruise. If i am traveling to WDW I am not paying for the "convenience" of food and beverages all day at my resort when I am likely to be away for at least two meals.

Not even getting into the WHY of this, but....

I wish Disney would provide a hotel that has full meals available that you can just go and chow, no waiting or paying, three meals a day.

You don't wait for food on cruises? And what cruise has food 24/7 anymore? For free, at least?

Yet cruises don't even do this? There are certain hours things are open.

EXACTLY.

I've done Disney and Royal, and they have hours and limits. Buffets have long lines (and arguments over the "pod" system and if you just want a biscuit can you jump to that spot, or do you have to wait in the whole line), pizza/salad/whatever kiosks have lines, and the sit-down meals take upwards of 2 hours.

Sure I'd love to be on a cruise back in the 70s, but I can't. No TARDIS available to me yet. Maybe someday. Alas free 24/7 food, chocolate buffets, midnight buffets, etc are a thing of the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts