I wanna go to Izney World! A 1st timer's PTR May/June 2011

Wow - you're PTR is so impressive! I LOVE your planning binder and appreciate you sharing your to do lists - helps me to remember a few things! I am a list person too and I love that you've already begun packing! Your family is beautiful and you're gonna have the best time at Izney!

Thanks! I'm glad my obsessive planning can help someone! ;)

I like that trip binder! I may have to "borrow" some ideas from you! And we are driving down too! I didn't even think about cute signs for the car windows- that may be added to my "borrowing" list too:lovestruc! Your really getting close!

Your planning binders are absolutely awesome! You are very creative! :thumbsup2

I am glad to hear that your home didn't have any damage and glad that power came back on.
This Spring weather has been CRAZY!!! Tornadoes, softball sized hail and monsoon style rains. I really hope we are done for awhile.

Your planning binders are absolutely awesome! You are very creative! :thumbsup2

I am glad to hear that your home didn't have any damage and glad that power came back on.
This Spring weather has been CRAZY!!! Tornadoes, softball sized hail and monsoon style rains. I really hope we are done for awhile.

Thanks! :) Most of the stuff I got off the creative boards here, and then added stickers here and there :) I have most of the planning stuff memorized (like what day we're going to which park, ADRS, etc), but I think it's pretty, even though I don't look at it much!

I need to reprint some of the pages too because I was trying to get different ADRs and I got some I like better than the originals :cool1:

I like that trip binder! I may have to "borrow" some ideas from you! And we are driving down too! I didn't even think about cute signs for the car windows- that may be added to my "borrowing" list too:lovestruc! Your really getting close!

that stuff is actually for the window at our resort! I saw a thread a few months ago about decorating your windows/doors and thought it was a cute idea! I "borrowed" a whole bunch of paint samples from home depot. They have disney paint and all the paint samples have colored mickey heads on them, cut them out and voilà! pretty window!

however, now that you say that I might use some for the car windows too! :goodvibes

I totally forgot to tell everyone, when we got home on Saturday we had Mickey Mail!!! I was so excited :goodvibes

I really need to get to work on my to do list, I haven't marked anything off of it!:eek:

that stuff is actually for the window at our resort! I saw a thread a few months ago about decorating your windows/doors and thought it was a cute idea! I "borrowed" a whole bunch of paint samples from home depot. They have disney paint and all the paint samples have colored mickey heads on them, cut them out and voilà! pretty window!

however, now that you say that I might use some for the car windows too! :goodvibes

Oh okay! I see yes the Mickey paint samples- I keep getting like 3-4 whenever in Home Depot, I am so scared to take any more and get caught! Actually on a post here I read where they hung the head from the door with a marker and asked people to sign the heads! I want to do that and I didn't know about decorating the windows I don't think! :lmao: I really thought that car windows and I started thinking yeah that's a good idea:rotfl2: how funny! Now we both have great ideas!

:banana:YAY for Mickey mail! :yay:

I just re-read your PTR and noticed you had the Maharaja Jungle Trek on your must do list but not the Pangani Trail. The Pangani Trail has the gorillas and it's near the Kilimanjaro Safari ride. Your girls might enjoy seeing it - everytime I've gone through (in the morning, after the safari ride) I have seen the gorillas up and about, eating and playing. It's my favorite of the trails!:)

Hey I don't have time to read and won't get on until Monday again, but I hope that you have a VERY happy mother's day!
Happy_mothers_day_to_all_by_TLKInspirationsClub.jpg

I just re-read your PTR and noticed you had the Maharaja Jungle Trek on your must do list but not the Pangani Trail. The Pangani Trail has the gorillas and it's near the Kilimanjaro Safari ride. Your girls might enjoy seeing it - everytime I've gone through (in the morning, after the safari ride) I have seen the gorillas up and about, eating and playing. It's my favorite of the trails!:)

Thanks! I'll add that to our itinerary :) Neither me or DH have ever been to Animal Kingdom before, so any tips are appreciated :goodvibes

I checked a couple things off of my to do list recently. I think I have all the shopping for our trip done. Yesterday I picked up some things to replenish our first aid kit, and today I bought "dog tags" for our girls with our phone numbers on them in case they get lost. They say "IF LOST CALL MOM ###-###-#### DAD ###-###-####. We'll see if they keep them on. My back up plan involves a sharpie and their arm :lmao:

DH gave me a Minnie Mouse shirt from Walmart for Easter and a Flounder shirt for Mother's Day :lovestruc

Your trip is getting close!

Have you looked at those temporary tattoos for kids? The ones that say, "If lost, please call..."

Your trip is getting close!

Have you looked at those temporary tattoos for kids? The ones that say, "If lost, please call..."

yeah... I've seen those, but I put a temporary tattoo on my oldest when she was 2 (a younger 2, she's technically still 2, but an older 2 now ;) ) and she cried and said it hurt until I cleaned it off :confused3 Not sure what her problem was, but I didn't want to buy them and have it be a waste. I figured a sharpie was a good back up :thumbsup2

Wow, great packing list! I think I'll just go by yours instead of trying to find my old one :laughing:

The monorail mail was so cute--what a great idea!

I can't believe you've already started packing! The most I've done is buy sunscreen and 2 boxes of fruit snacks. I'm behind! :goodvibes

I love your window decorations!! And that stroller sign made me giggle!! Awesome job on that!!

We are getting so close to our trips (can you believe we will be at Disney in just over 2 weeks.:woohoo:) Looks like things are coming together nicely. I love your travel binder, a lot nicer than mine.:thumbsup2

I am very excieted about Ray Parks (Darth Maul) and can't wait for Liam to get his autograph.:yay:

I think it is funny that you are willing to pull out the sharpy, anything that works right.:rotfl2: I would also recomend taking the girls pictures everymorning and with every costume change. That way if one of the girls does happen to wander off you have a recent picture of what they are wearing to present to a CM. Plus do we really need to have an excuse to taking more pictures of our adorable kids.:cool2:

Wow, great packing list! I think I'll just go by yours instead of trying to find my old one :laughing:

The monorail mail was so cute--what a great idea!

I can't believe you've already started packing! The most I've done is buy sunscreen and 2 boxes of fruit snacks. I'm behind! :goodvibes

I've kinda sucked at the whole packing thing. I have some outfits put in ziplock bags for the girls, but overall I don't have much packed. Lots of things "set aside" in bags, but I need to dump it all out in the living room one day and start over :lmao: I'm going to beg my ILs to take the girls for a day/night so I can just get it all done in one shot!

I love your window decorations!! And that stroller sign made me giggle!! Awesome job on that!!

Thanks, but I can't take credit for any of that stuff! I got it all from the Creative DISign board on here :goodvibes

16 days! :cool1:

Me and one of my friends took my 2 girls and her little girl to a little carnival type thing last night and they all had a blast! It was a nice little preview for Disney. I was afraid that they would both hate all the rides and would be terrified on Dumbo :laughing: But that's definitely not the case! They loved everything! I took Alexis (the almost 3 y/o) and her friend on some of the bigger kid rides and they loved them. They had a height requirement of 42", but mostly they didn't really care about the height requirement :lmao:

Here are some pics-

222389_565062219198_57700497_32226353_4997183_n.jpg

teacup type ride-
224653_565062418798_57700497_32226361_7060307_n.jpg

226711_565062618398_57700497_32226369_6580313_n.jpg

229398_565062912808_57700497_32226380_8291007_n.jpg

WOW! You are really getting close to vacation now! :woohoo: Looks like you are really getting prepared, too. Now if your ILs would agree to take your little ones so you could finish up. I sooo remember that age and they are so busy and always into everything. :rotfl:

I :love: the pics at the carnival. Your girls are so adorable and looked like they were having such a great time on the rides!!!
I cannot wait to hear about all your adventures on your vacation! :thumbsup2

I wanted to look at my to do list to see what else I could cross off :) And I forgot to say last night, I hit the jackpot at Walmart yesterday! :yay: As I was going to check out I noticed they had tables by checkout for clearance stuff, I walked by just to see if there was anything good and they had Disney barbies! No prices, but there was an employee coming up to mark them, so I asked her. The barbies were $2.50!!!! :scared1: :banana: So I got all the different ones they had :lmao: Belle, Aurora, Cinderella, and Mulan. I also got a "bath time" Ariel for $2.50, and then they had extra clothes for Cinderella and Belle for $2 each :cool1:

Now to check out the to do list...

talk to pet sitter about details/instructions talked to her to make sure she's still planning on pet sitting, but I still need to type up feeding instructions and emergency numbers, etc
talk to friend that lives near Orlando about meeting for dinner Monday night
talk to cousin about details of trip (we're staying with her Monday night) done!
find portable dvd player to borrow (or a reasonably priced one to buy)
get backpack we're borrowing from a friend done!
make planning notebook done!
make index cards w/ ADR and must do info on it to take into parks
pack!
schedule haircut done!
get haircut done!
finish buying snacks/breakfasts- muffins, donuts, cokes and diet cokes, dum dums *almost done*, just need cokes/diet cokes and dum dums. I forgot about those last time I went shopping
buy ponchos done!
make a "day before" to do list

not too bad! here's the updated to do list (plus new things)-

buy cokes and dum dums
talk to friend that lives near Orlando about meeting for dinner Monday night
make a "day before" to do list
type instructions for pet sitter (and send)
make index cards w/ ADR and must do info on it to take into parks
pack!
buy Star Wars tshirt for DH
email MIL about babysitting the girls
get Disney cash out on payday
put tip envelopes together
attach LGMH to backpack

Alexis wanted me to include some smiley faces... :upsidedow :dance3::happytv:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter