I wanna go to Izney World! A 1st timer's PTR May/June 2011

We might try to see Rapunzel, but we'll see how the girls react to the characters first. We have lots of character meals scheduled so we don't have to wait in line to get pictures taken with characters. Alexis does love "Tangled" though, so we might have to try that for the 2nd MK day. I just don't know if it's worth waiting in line... I've heard horror stories about the line!

It worked out really well I think. The places that aren't a preset price I didn't seal the envelope, just in case the service is terrible or we end up not getting dessert or something I can change the amount in it easily, but it's nice knowing that all the money is set aside and ready to go! :)

I think that I might just borrow this idea from you;)

Glad we found each other on FB. Cannot wait to see everyone's LIVE updates.

I cannot wait to start the vacay!!!! Whooohooo! :banana::banana::banana:

How is the packing going? I, hopefully, will get everything done before Friday, so we can leave by 3am on Saturday, the 28th.

I think that I might just borrow this idea from you;)

go for it! It wasn't an original idea :rotfl2:

Glad we found each other on FB. Cannot wait to see everyone's LIVE updates.

I cannot wait to start the vacay!!!! Whooohooo! :banana::banana::banana:

How is the packing going? I, hopefully, will get everything done before Friday, so we can leave by 3am on Saturday, the 28th.

we're so close! :woohoo: packing is about the same as it was a couple days ago... 75%. I did get DH to pack his stuff (which I wasn't counting in my packing percentage since he was responsible for all his stuff), so that's good! Every time I open the girls' suitcases I rearrange everything and make sure all the outfits are organized right so they're wearing the right outfit on the right day. An hour later it's all packed again :lmao: Yesterday I spent a lot of time trying to clean and working on my to do list.... the one I put on here doesn't include any of the cleaning I need to do :headache: Since we're having a pet sitter come stay at our house I need to get everything clean. I always like to come home after vacation to a clean house, but with someone coming to stay I *really* want it to be really clean before we leave.

8 more days! :woohoo: only 4 until we leave!!! :woohoo:

DH took Wednesday and Thursday off, so he's only got 2 days of work left. No idea why he took both days off, but it'll be nice to have him around while I'm trying to finish getting everything ready, packed and cleaned.

We've got a lot going on this week, so we should stay pretty busy. Hoping I'll be able to get everything done without stressing too much!

I'm taking Alexis to the doctor today. 2 weeks ago Kaitlyn had thrush (I didn't even think toddlers could get it! :confused3 ) and now it looks like Alexis is getting it. She's had a bad diaper rash (I've been putting potty training off till after disney :lmao: ), which I figured out was thrush/yeast related, and a couple days ago I noticed white spots in her mouth. I called Friday and they gave me some over the counter remedies to try and they seem to be working, but I don't want to take any chances when we leave for vacation in 4 days!

Tomorrow I'm planning on staying home all day and cleaning!

Wednesday we've got a playdate in the morning, so hopefully all the cleaning I do tomorrow will stay clean :lmao: and then Thursday night I'm taking Alexis to see Kung Fu Panda with one of her friends. :goodvibes

Well, we went to the doctor and got 2 prescriptions to use until everything clears up. Of course now that we're back home, Alexis now has a small fever and is acting sick :( Completely unrelated to the things we got prescriptions for :headache:

Hoping it's just a little bug or something, we leave in 4 days!

Slowly but surely working on my to do list. I crossed a few things off my list today :goodvibes

Since we're down to just 4 days till we leave and 1 week from today we'll be in Orlando at my cousin's house, I thought I'd steal an idea from other DISers (Lidian and Corrine :goodvibes ) and start doing a "1 week from today" segment-

1 Week from Today:
We will be in Orlando!
We will have spent the morning hanging out in Downtown Disney and shopping
We will have eaten lunch, probably at Early of Sandwich
We will have gone back for naps, then either back out to DTD or found something else fun to do
We will probably be at my cousin's house visiting with them and letting our kids play :)
We will be dying of anticipation for what the next day holds! :goodvibes

OOO poor baby! I hope that she feels better! At least you still have a couple of days until you actually get into Disney so hopefully while at family's houses she will get better!

Better that she's sick now, and not during your trip, right? At least that's one way to look at it! Hope she gets better soon.

I took a couple pictures of my packing process :)

all the random stuff I've been setting aside... I should've taken a picture when I took it all out to organize it :scared1:

DSCI0492.jpg

our backpack for the bag... DH isn't in the military... he borrowed it from someone who was.

DSCI0493.jpg

the girls' bag for the weekend before, when we're doing family stuff-
DSCI0518.jpg

the girls' suitcases (they got matching suitcases for christmas this year :goodvibes)
DSCI0516.jpg

how I organized all the clothes, each day has 2 outfits (some with just 2 shirts, some with 2 whole outfits)
complete with hairbows that match the outfit :)
DSCI0514.jpg

and the bags each have the girl's name, day and the park on it
DSCI0515.jpg

I even set aside their outfits for the drive on Friday... I had extra shirts (even after 2 outfits a day!), so they're going to be themed Friday too :goodvibes
DSCI0517.jpg

Yay for packing!! I'm planning on doing the ziplock outfits too, it'll really help too if I need DH to help me dress them if they are already labeled! :thumbsup2

I'm telling you. The ziploc bag idea is the best thing ever. My kids just grab their little bags, get dressed and we are on our way. It also helps for compacting a change of clothes for the park. You can squish all the air out of those babies and they are as flat as a pancake. I love them. I have the kids clothes packed already. Their suitcase looks empty because everything is in little ziploc bags.

I have extra outfits for both girls packed in our backpack for the parks in sandwich size ziplock bags! They're little sundresses that I folded and squished and now they hardly take up any room :goodvibes

Alexis seems to be feeling a lot better this morning, hoping she's on the mend!

I'm doing the happy dance today... 1 week!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

So, another installment of *This Time Next Week* (I might do 2 of those today ;) )

We will have woken up at 5:30am to get ready for our 1st day at Disney (I guess I was practicing today because after an early night last night, Alexis woke me up at 5:40)
We will have woken the girls up at 6am to get them dressed and in the car
We will have checked in to All Star Movies, gotten our key cards, and dropped off our bags
We will have driven to MK and parked
We will be at MK, heading toward the castle for our 8:30 ADR at CRT! :woohoo:

Whooohooo! :woohoo: We are almost there!!! :thumbsup2

I :lovestruc your in 1 week posts. I keep saying I should do that, too. I am already 2 days behind, though. :sad2:

I finally got the kiddos packed last night. I did the ziplock bags and I think it should really simplify things. I like that you got the girls sundresses into a sandwich ziplock. Now that is small. :)

I wish Lidian would update FB. I am needing my Disney fix this morning. :surfweb:

Whooohooo! :woohoo: We are almost there!!! :thumbsup2

I :lovestruc your in 1 week posts. I keep saying I should do that, too. I am already 2 days behind, though. :sad2:

I finally got the kiddos packed last night. I did the ziplock bags and I think it should really simplify things. I like that you got the girls sundresses into a sandwich ziplock. Now that is small. :)

I wish Lidian would update FB. I am needing my Disney fix this morning. :surfweb:

:woohoo: for packing! I've spent so much time going over which outfits I want the girls to wear on which day, if I hadn't done the ziplock bag thing I probably would've ended up with outfits leftover that they didn't wear and be upset that they never wore them. Now I have 1 outfit for each day that's really cute and they'll start out wearing, then the 2nd outfit is still cute, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if they didn't wear it.

I'm really enjoying Lidian's fb updates! I'm glad I found her before her trip :goodvibes

Yay! for 7 days! I love dresses for diaper bags. They hardly take up any room at all. They're pretty much all my daughter will wear so her spot in the suitcase doesn't take up much room either.

Glad she's feeling better. You can look at it as a good thing... at least she wont' get sick at Disney. :)

9 more days for us.

We are planning to do the ziplocks! I didn't realize that you are going to stay at all star movies- hopefully they give you a refurbished room and you can let me know how it is;)! I'm really glad that she's getting better! I hope that she continues to get better! Your lucky you have girls to do the sundress with! I am not sure what to do for my DS's extra park clothes!

Yay! for 7 days! I love dresses for diaper bags. They hardly take up any room at all. They're pretty much all my daughter will wear so her spot in the suitcase doesn't take up much room either.

Glad she's feeling better. You can look at it as a good thing... at least she wont' get sick at Disney. :)

9 more days for us.
:cool1: for 9 days... it'll be here in no time! I'm definitely glad they're sick now instead of at disney. Kaitlyn's got a runny nose and cough too, which is now all Alexis has. Hopefully they'll be back to 100% in 7 days :goodvibes

We are planning to do the ziplocks! I didn't realize that you are going to stay at all star movies- hopefully they give you a refurbished room and you can let me know how it is;)! I'm really glad that she's getting better! I hope that she continues to get better! Your lucky you have girls to do the sundress with! I am not sure what to do for my DS's extra park clothes!

I think if I had boys I would pack a tshirt and cotton type shorts that can roll up really small :) I'd love a refurbished room :woohoo: I'll be doing a TR when I get back, so if I get one you can read all about it!

Another installment of This Time Next Week :woohoo:

This time next week we will have eaten breakfast with the princesses in Cinderella's castle :cloud9:
We will have ridden on lots of rides and had an amazing time
We will have gone back to the resort to take a break and maybe swim some
We will have eaten a early dinner with Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace
We will have ridden a few more rides and probably gone back to the hotel to call it a night!

The time when I brag about how close I am to my Disney trip :woohoo: :rotfl2:

This time next week...
we will have spent the day at Epcot
we will have eaten lunch at Via Napoli
we will have riden Soarin' and some other rides (Soarin' is the only MUST do :goodvibes )
we will have eaten a dinner I'm really looking forward to at Kona Cafe
we will hopefully *keeping our fingers crossed the girls cooperate!* be getting ready to watch Illuminations. We really want to see fireworks at least one night while we're there and Wishes at 10pm with a 20 month old and 2 1/2 year old just doesn't seem like a good idea, so I think our best bet is Illuminations at 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter