I think this board has changed. vent

Ok no one told us to stop posting we get that now, BUT
You have NO IDEA what its like to pointed at and hearing things about you just because your JUST UNDER 13.
What if someone told you you have to wait a year before posting because of your cancer, how would YOU feel?

You have no idea what it's like to be pointed at and hearing things about you because you have cancer.

Don't you try to compare being under 13 to having cancer.
You have no idea what it's like to have cancer,and you probably never will.
Okay,so just stop being rude and uncalled for.
You don't know a thing about having cancer.

How rude do you have to be? This just shows why people under 13 shouldn't post here. They don't know how to express themselves in a mature manner.

::yes:: if anything, this only makes a case for those who don't want -13 posting.

This is getting way out of hand.

Sonya, I do feel bad for you in the aspect that you have cancer. But sometimes you use that for your own defense. It makes people kind of suck up to you. You did mention that people under 13 should not post here before and you did make it seem mandatory.

Sammy, you do have a point here. But sometimes you hold grudges against people.. and you're very aggressive when it comes to arguments. Sometimes, you need to just calm down.

Twisty, I've got nothing to say LOL.

Sparx, you do know what you're doing, and you're kinda like Sammy. But maybe sometimes you get a little too over your head with the words you choose. Just water the words down and maybe we can all find some peace.

I'm not trying to be mean, and I'm not trying to take sides. Let's try and blow the steam off and move on :)

You have no idea what it's like to be pointed at and hearing things about you because you have cancer.

Don't you try to compare being under 13 to having cancer.
You have no idea what it's like to have cancer,and you probably never will.
Okay,so just stop being rude and uncalled for.
You don't know a thing about having cancer.
I do.
My dad has cancer.:(

Sonya, I do feel bad for you in the aspect that you have cancer. But sometimes you use that for your own defense. It makes people kind of suck up to you. You did mention that people under 13 should not post here before and you did make it seem mandatory.

Sammy, you do have a point here. But sometimes you hold grudges against people.. and you're very aggressive when it comes to arguments. Sometimes, you need to just calm down.

Sparx, you do know what you're doing, and you're kinda like Sammy. But maybe sometimes you get a little too over your head with the words you choose. Just water the words down and maybe we can all find some peace.

I'm not trying to be mean, and I'm not trying to take sides. Let's try and blow the steam off and move on :)

i'd love to see the post(s) youre talking about with that. i've never ever seen her do anything like that. :confused3

And I'm actually perfectly calm. one of the problems of the internet is that you can never hear the tone something is written in. the tone of my last couple post has been in more of a shock than an anger. At the most, i'm irritated.

Ok no one told us to stop posting we get that now, BUT
You have NO IDEA what its like to pointed at and hearing things about you just because your JUST UNDER 13.
What if someone told you you have to wait a year before posting because of your cancer, how would YOU feel?

Oh My God.

i'd love to see the post(s) youre talking about with that. i've never ever seen her do anything like that. :confused3

And I'm actually perfectly calm. one of the problems of the internet is that you can never hear the tone something is written in. the tone of my last couple post has been in more of a shock than an anger. At the most, i'm irritated.
Oh theres plenty to choose from.

So you're telling Shelby to dumb herself down so that people can understand he better. (I am NOT saying that the 13 and under crowd is dumb, let me make that clear). Shelby is one of the most mature people on the TB and if you have her dumb herself down so that the minority can understand her that's not going to have the kids under 13 stop posting. They might think they belong now because there aren't as many controversial topics on the board and can understand what's going on. This is the teen boards for a reason.

Scroll down a bit.
"You have no idea what it's like to have cancer"

Where does that come in the 13+ category?

Once again, I'm not trying to be mean. I really don't like being flammed on the boards. And I'm not saying I don't feel bad for her. I have complete respect for anyone who has been in a cancer battle. Cancer is in my family's genes. I may actually get it too. And I'm not saying that I will feel her pain. I most likely never feel how she feels.

But I'm just saying Sammy isn't immature. I know her. She and I go on the DIS Chat daily.

I've seen far worse on this board. I won't call out names either.

So you're telling Shelby to dumb herself down so that people can understand he better. (I am NOT saying that the 13 and under crowd is dumb, let me make that clear). Shelby is one of the most mature people on the TB and if you have her dumb herself down so that the minority can understand her that's not going to have the kids under 13 stop posting. They might think they belong now because there aren't as many controversial topics on the board and can understand what's going on. This is the teen boards for a reason.
No no. She is just trying to tell Sparx to calm down. I'm with Shelly on this.

And I think that we need to let this thread die.

So,your saying that I use my cancer as an excuse for what I say or do?

People suck up to me?So people are saying that they're sad for me and that they pray for me when they're not? Awful two-faced of these people,would'nt you think?

I stated that it was my opinion that people only 13+ post on the teen board. How did I make this sound mandatory,because as far as I know,I only wrote my thoughts?

Not trying to sound rude or pushy or whatever.
But I take criticism(sp) and learn from it.
And yes,I was particually offended by your first two quotes,if they turn out to mean what I think they mean.

Scroll down a bit.

Once again, I'm not trying to be mean. I really don't like being flammed on the boards. And I'm not saying I don't feel bad for her. I have complete respect for anyone who has been in a cancer battle. Cancer is in my family's genes. I may actually get it too. And I'm not saying that I will feel her pain. I most likely never feel how she feels.

But I'm just saying Sammy isn't immature. I know her. She and I go on the DIS Chat daily.

it matters that curiosity is the one that compared being under thirteen to having cancer, so her post was completely justified.

I agree.
Even though I posted here before I was a teen (heck,I was 10),I'd appreciate it if you'd wait to post until you are a teen.
Then you would relate to more DISers and get the advice or help or whatever you're looking for because most of the DISers are 13+.

Now,It seems like everyone is 10,11,12 and asking which boyfriend to choose and only posting to get a higher post count.
It's quite annoying actually.

I miss the old board.
I've been here since 03,and from then and now,has been a huge change.

Here is one.

Scroll down a bit.

Don't direct this at me because if you look back at the posts,I was NOT the one who brought cancer into this whole mess.

Don't direct this at me because if you look back at the posts,I was NOT the one who brought cancer into this whole mess.
Yes ok i brought cancer into the thread, yes my statement wasnt the best comparison, but its time to LET THE THREAD DIE.

Scroll down a bit.

SHE sure is acting immature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter