I think I should stick with the Budget Board!

Would I pay $700 a night for a hotel room? If I could afford it, why not? Of course you may have to put off buying that 3rd Lexus....
I tell you if I win the lottery I'm staying at the GF with the Grand plan and concierge service and all!
This trip, however, is at the budget level...$39 a night offsite, and if it hadn't been for posts here I Never would have gotten the courage to try Priceline ($225 RT on United).
We love to stay onsite, but the prices...*sigh*. I chose length of stay over location, otherwise our 18 day trip would have been considerably shorter. I love this board!

94 days and counting! :D

Disneyland 6/87, 7/88, 12/90
Disneyland Hotel 6/92
WDW All Star Music 12/99
WDW/IOA Offsite 6/01 <Fontcolor=green>The Counting has Commenced!

Some of those resort board people can easily afford their $700/night vacations out of pocket change, but some will be paying for their vacations for years and eating Kraft Dinner. People are happy to discuss what they are paying for, but not usually how they are paying for it. I wouldn't bother comparing myself in terms of wealth/lack of it to people on any of these boards, because all of the really good details are missing.

I'm sure there are people spending $1000CDN/night who are poorer than me, and others who think $1000/wk is over the top and can buy and sell me. I KNOW its true with cars, sure its true with vacations too.

Ten years ago I was a single mom, newly divorced and getting to the world on a VERY tight budget. I spent enormous amounts of time and energy getting the best deal. Then, I had more time than money.

Fast forward 10 years, I have my own little consulting business, I'm remarried, things are going well - I'm not rich but things are OK. BUT, because I consult, my time is often worth MORE than my money. If I spend two days getting a $500 discount, believe me I lost more than $500 in fees. I will be ahead more money if I book the higher priced room, rent a car (again, a timesaver) and get back to work. Now I'm not SILLY about it. I wouldn't do $700 for a room, but I can understand for a suite, especially if this a very important vacation.

I didn't feel poor back then, and I don't feel particularly rich now.

It's all in what works for you.

Going thru CAA, we ended up paying about CDN$700 for 2 7-day Park Hopper Plus passes.
(approx US$450-460.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter