I think I have a dumb DVC finance question

zulaya

DIS Veteran
Am wanting to buy into BCV...we want to use our tax refunds as our downpayment, but not sure when exactly we will receive them...hopefully sometime this month. But I really want to sign my papers NOW! :D Can I put my down payment on my credit card? Or when exactly is the downpayment due? SOrry, my DVC guy is not at his phone and hasn't returned my messages yet and I am dying to know here!

Thanks

I put both my down payment and my full payment on my American Express. I don't think you should have a problem putting the down payment on a credit card.

Yes, I know from first-hand experience, that at least as of January 24, you could put your down-payment on your credit card. We had the money in our mutual fund, but when I called to get it, they said we'd get the money in 3-5 days. Well, I couldn't wait THAT long! So we put the down payment on our credit card and then paid it off when we got the check from the mutual fund.
So I can definitely see why you'd want to do that rather than wait for those refund checks "sometime this month".

You can pay any of the costs on your credit card, including the down payment, annual dues etc.

If you have a credit card that has any kind of a 'payback' then this is a big plus: Airline miles, cashback, Awards etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter