I See a Line, I Wait In It ~ A January 2016 TR - Completed 12/29

Once we surfaced from under the sea, we knew exactly what our next stop should be – more princesses!
This sounds way too familiar.

I'm glad you got to see some princesses and ride IASW. You sound a lot like a tiny person I know.

I'm ok with IASW. It isn't my favorite, but you've got to ride it for the nostalgia factor and the history of the attraction. The song is a good one, but I'd prefer it not be on a repeating loop for such a long time.

For some reason I couldn't get a setting on my camera that would take good pictures in the dark for little mermaid so that's why I just went video. Anyways I do enjoy that attraction and it never has terrible waits.

I've definitely had some problems finding the right setting for pictures in the little mermaid attraction. I think my cell phone does a litlte better, but this was the best I've gotten with the camera.
Either way, it's a good attraction to get some video!

I myself haven't met Anna and Elsa but my sisters have. Looks like you got some good photos with them.

Thanks! They're fun to meet if you like Frozen, but if you're not a Frozen fanatic, they're skippable.

I was planning on going to IASW during our trip but I never made it over there. Oh well another thing I have to do in the next trip.

How can you not go on IASW? You really need to go back and fix that ASAP!

Can't wait to see what's next!

Thanks - hopefully I'll have another update in the next few days. I haven't really started it yet, though.

Wow, it looked pretty crowded even for a rainy morning!

The initial morning rush was super busy. And it was crowded than we expected, but it actually ended up being not too bad.

It's the only time crowds are reasonable these days...even then it doesn't last long...

The crowds weren't great, but we found them okay. Definitely shorter in the morning, but we did have some decent waits later in the day.
But yeah, it is getting hard to find low crowd times.

It's cute. :)

Thanks!!

Wow, you really got a lot done in an hour. I love the first hour at MK, before the crowds arrive.

Yeah, that really was a great first hour. I was very impressed at what we got done - I think that's the most we've ever gotten done in such a short period of time!

You had lots of really cute PP pictures. It looks like you had fun, too. :)

Thanks - we did have a lot of fun!

Hey I LOVE LOVE LOVE that deathtrap of the PeopleMover! Secretly it is like almost my favorite ride in MK! And I have no reason why....lol

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who hates the PeopleMover. I think most people love it. I don't know why ... it's like whiplash and death on a ride that has no fun.

It looks like the rain did not stop you and had you made the best of the morning. I really need to get back to rope drop...not sure why I have missed it the last few trips. I just love the excitement and magic it builds...sorry about the go pro and the orange jacket...you seemed to handle it way better then I would have...okay in my mind I would have handled it different but in reality I would have just stood there.

We were very glad that we got to do a lot despite the weather. We don't usually do rope drop (I hate mornings), but I think it worked out really well for us this trip.
And yeah, the guy in front of me annoyed me, but I'm much to nice to say anything. I'm a terrible New Yorker.

Love all the attractions you have already visited...and all the great photopass pictures!

Thanks! :)

Great update! I've only done a quasi-rope drop (actually getting in the park before it opened for our breakfast ressies at Crystal Palace).Main street was almost empty, it was amazing.

I love the empty Main Street that you see with early ADRs!! It's so calm and beautiful!
You two got on a lot of rides in that hour, very impressive!! Cant wait to read more. :flower1:

Thanks! We were really glad that we were able to get so much done!

I hear you on not liking mornings :snooty: If I could, I'd sleep until close to 10 every day; I'm much more of a night person. I wish my kids could just get themselves up and ready for school without my help lol!! But, I will NOT complain about getting up early when in Disney, because like you I understand the benefit of RD ::yes:: Doesn't make it fun or easy to wake up early, but once you're actually in the parks it's worth it!

Exactly. I don't want to wake up, but once I'm there ... the short lines are awesome!

Great morning! You really got a lot of rides in! I enjoyed the photo tour of the rides!

Thanks! We were definitely excited that we got in so many rides!

I love seeing the morning show, but I've really only see it 2 or 3 times. I'm really not a morning person by choice, but have to get up early anyway, to get to work, so I'm usually up that early at the beginning of the disney trip, but not so much near the end.

This was our second time seeing it. Last trip we missed it because we just couldn't get up. It's definitely hard to get up for it, especially towards the end of the trip.

I love hearing random funny comments from people around me at Disney, like this will be the best ride ever.

YES! I love listening to the random things people say! We've heard some really funny stuff at Disney.

Your photopass photos came out great! And I love the big smiles you both have whlle meeting the Princesses! I did not know there was a Lumiere magic pic!!!

Thanks!
I had seen the Lumiere picture somewhere ... but we also tried to just ask about magic shots whenever we remembered, so we did get some good shots that we didn't know to ask for!

Love the welcome show! I would like to see it every trip too! A great way to start the trip!

It really is super cute!!

haha... going to be the "best ride ever!" I mean I also love its a small world... the music doesn't even bother me to much!

That statement definitely entertained me. I love me some IASW ... but "best ride ever" wouldn't really be what I would call it...

Sarah, awesome second day report. I love the pics. I signed up for emails and I am not getting them on this thread for some reason or I would have been back sooner.

Thanks! I've given up on email alerts ... I never get them. I just try to remember to check back a lot.

Rope drop is awesome. I made it to rope drop this trip and I got it on video. Whenever I am having a bad day I watch it and to my surprise it always cheers me up.

That is an awesome idea!! I love watching Disney videos when I need some cheering up, but it's especially cool when it's your video.

I am looking forward to more days from your trip. Keep up the good work.

Thanks!

I guess my notifications aren't working because I was two updates behind! Sorry!

That's okay, I forgive you :)

Looove that you brought your own Mickey waffles (pancakes?) from home! What a great idea for not only dietary restrictions but also for people looking to save some money.

It says its a waffle maker, but they look more like pancakes. I try not to ask questions.
But it was a good idea, and I'm glad Beth thought of it! (At least I think she thought of it)

What a perfect magic shot with Tink outside of MK.

Thanks!

Sorry about the GoPro'er but I guess it could be worse....like an ipad or a kid on their dads shoulders. LOL.

Yeah. A GoPro isn't the worst thing in the world, I guess. At least we could still see.

I really need to make the Welcome show a priority on a trip soon....it's been a long time since we have seen it. I think your timing was perfect too. A great welcome to your vacation on the first morning AND you also aren't worn down yet so getting out earlier is easier.

You should definitely try to see it. It really was the perfect way to start the trip.

So did you love the Peter Pan queue? We didn't wait it out this trip but hope to in April. Is it weird that I like it as much (or maybe more) than the ride?

Okay ... so ... maybe it's because the line was too short and we kinda just walked through it, but ... I didn't love it. I thought it was okay. I had fun with the chiming bells thing. But I think it was mostly that I wasn't waiting in the line long enough to really appreciate it. I think waiting in the queue and just walking through are probably very different experiences.

Lucy wanted to ride the carousel this trip (not something we do very often) and I had to sit it out. I already had several things make me pretty dizzy and this wasn't worth the risk. I hate getting old. I never used to be that way.

Man, I can't imagine the carousel making you dizzy. That's sad. It's one of those rides that I think everyone should do, and I'm sad that you couldn't do it!

Philharmagic is one of my VERY favorites. Did you know Bath and Body works has a holiday candle (Tis the Season) that smells exactly like the pie in Philharmagic? I love it!!

Wait ... what? Okay, now I have to look for that candle next time I go to the mall. We don't usually look at the candles at Bath and Body Works (Beth is more of a Yankee Candle person and I don't do fire), but now I have to look for that!

OMG I am loving the Lumiere picture!!

Thanks!!

Your pictures with A&E are great. I haven't been back since they separated the sisters.

Thanks. I really wish we could have seen them together at some point!

So far the princess count is 5, right?

Sort of.
Technically, there is a "Disney Princess" franchise, and Anna and Elsa are not part of that franchise. So we've only seen 3 "official" princesses, and two "unofficial" princesses.

This sounds way too familiar.

Why? It's not like you just came back from a princess trip...

I'm glad you got to see some princesses and ride IASW. You sound a lot like a tiny person I know.

I'm not sure if it's good or bad that you're comparing me to your 3 year old daughter ... but since I think you like her (at least you haven't seem to indicate any interest in getting rid of her), I'll take it as a good thing.

I'm ok with IASW. It isn't my favorite, but you've got to ride it for the nostalgia factor and the history of the attraction. The song is a good one, but I'd prefer it not be on a repeating loop for such a long time.

But even if they only play it once, it'll be stuck in your head endlessly!

Hey, Sarah! :wave: Guess I got a little behind but I had fun catching up.

Today was a great day … because for the first time in over 10 months, were waking up in Disney World!

:cheer2::banana::bounce:

Those are chocolate chip waffles made at home with my Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker.

I love how you brought food from home but didn't skimp on the details. :thumbsup2

It’s a microwave, how hard can it be to use?

Not that hard, actually. :laughing:

(not like that death trap the PeopleMover)

:rotfl:

This was attraction #6 of the day. #7 if you count the Welcome Show.
The timestamp on this picture? 9:58 AM.
All of this was done before 10 AM. The park opened at 9 AM.

Wow, you guys were productive! :thumbsup2

WDW2016_Day2_165.jpg

This is a really cute picture. Love Lumiere! :goodvibes

Great updates, Sarah!

Just started reading your trip report. Can not wait to read along with your marathon report. I have been thinking of running one but have not had the opportunity to do so.

Hey, Sarah! :wave: Guess I got a little behind but I had fun catching up.

No worries ... I'm glad you enjoyed catching up!

I love how you brought food from home but didn't skimp on the details. :thumbsup2

It's definitely important to keep the Disney theming with the things you bring from home!

Not that hard, actually. :laughing:

Okay, so I'm bad with microwaves. I'm willing to admit that.

Wow, you guys were productive! :thumbsup2

Yup. It was definitely a busy (but great!) morning.

This is a really cute picture. Love Lumiere! :goodvibes

Thanks!

Great updates, Sarah!

Thank you!

Just started reading your trip report. Can not wait to read along with your marathon report. I have been thinking of running one but have not had the opportunity to do so.

Thanks for following along.
runDisney races are amazing - if you ever have the opportunity to do one, you definitely should!

Day 2, Chapter 3: Relatives Lie
Wednesday, January 6th, 2016

When you last saw us, we were headed out of Fantasyland. We were actually headed for our first new attraction of the trip…

WDW2016_Day2_203.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_204.jpg

Yes, Splash Mountain was a new attraction for us. We had never been on it before, partially because the line was always long, and partially because of that whole getting wet thing. We had actually discussed it with our cousin (who goes to Disney every year with his family) a few months before the trip, and he assured us that we wouldn’t get too wet. That made us feel much better.

We had FP+ for the ride, so the wait was pretty short. However … getting into the boat/log/ride vehicle was our first indication that this ride might not be what we were expecting. It was kinda wet in there. But the people behind us were first-timers too, so at least we weren’t alone. (Although the guy in front of me did say he was going to duck on the drop so that I get hit by all the water … thanks, man).

We went through the ride. No pictures, because it was my first time and I wanted to enjoy it and not just photograph it (yes, I know some people can do both, and I can on a lot of rides, but for my first time, I didn’t want to). We hit some small drops … and got pretty wet. In fact, we were already pretty wet by the time we got to …

WDW2016_Day2_205.jpg

That drop, of course, got us more than a little wet. In fact, we got very wet. We got off the ride and one of the first things Beth did was go on to Facebook and complain to our cousin that he had lied to us.

Because we were soaked. Seriously, it took like 4 hours for my skirt to dry.

We knew we wouldn’t be drying off any time soon, and we weren’t going to let being wet stop us from having fun. And, since we’re us, by having fun, you know I mean meeting characters. And that was our next stop:

WDW2016_Day2_207.jpg

I think that this picture gives you a decent idea of how wet I was (or at least how wet my hair was … and also my sleeve):

WDW2016_Day2_209.jpeg

Next stop was one of our favorite parts of Magic Kingdom … a FP+ kiosk. We didn’t want to go all the way to our favorite one (you’ll hear about that later), so we hit up a kiosk somewhere on that side of the park, near the Diamond Horseshoe. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which was our first choice, was not available. At all. We were able to find a FP+ that interested us, but it didn’t start for another 30 minutes or so, which meant that we had time for lunch. We had brought sandwiches with us, and we sat on some benches outside of Liberty Tree Tavern to eat. It was nice, but nothing too exciting.

We still had some time, so we decided to hit up an attraction that we hadn’t experienced in many years:

WDW2016_Day2_212.jpg

Beth was a history major in college. Her area of concentration was post-WWII American History, but still … history. I’m not a big history person, but I am the daughter of a history teacher, so I know a bit and figured I might still enjoy the attraction.

Thoughts … I’m glad we did it. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. But I don’t feel any need to do it again. It was fine, it wasn’t great.

Once we were done being educated, it was time to use our FP+, which was for …

WDW2016_Day2_214.jpg

The FP+ entrance line was super long, but mostly that was because of slow people. We got through quickly and were in the stretching room in a few minutes. I’m not great with crowded spaces, so I really hate that part, but it was over soon enough.
The ride was the same as it always is (sorry, I don’t love this ride, so I really can’t say more than that). We picked up a hitchhiking ghost (see above), but we managed to lose him at some point, so it was all good. After our pictures, we made our way back to Fantasyland, where we decided to spend some time visiting an attraction we had skipped on our last trip…

WDW2016_Day2_225.jpg

I love Beauty and the Beast, but since this is an audience participation thing and we’re not going to participate (other than that one time), we really only do it if there’s a short wait. Which there was at this particular time. We didn’t really take many pictures, because I don’t feel a need to take pictures of other people’s kids, but Beth did get a good picture of Belle and Lumiere:

WDW2016_Day2_223.jpg

On our way to our next stop, we saw more PhotoPass photographers. So of course, we stopped for pictures.

WDW2016_Day2_226.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_234.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_235.jpeg

WDW2016_Day2_238.jpeg

Our next stop was our favorite FP+ kiosk location … the one by Mickey’s PhilharMagic. In Fantasyland. Remember that information.

We got ourselves a FP+ for Buzz Lightyear, but we were a little disappointed in the time. It was later than we wanted, and meant staying in the park a little later than anticipated (and getting to the race expo later than we had planned). While we were trying to decide if we wanted that time or if we wanted to try for something else, we heard someone mention that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad had a 35 minute wait. Now, that’s a pretty good wait time for BTMRR, and we hadn’t been able to get a FP+ for it, so we decided to take the late Buzz FP+ and hustle over to BTMRR.

Since we were running two races over the coming days, we had specifically planned out our MK day so that we wouldn’t be walking too much. We weren’t sticking exactly to the plan, but we were still doing pretty well at minimizing the walking. Speed walking from Mickey’s PhillharMagic to Big Thunder Mountain was probably too much … but we did it anyway. And when we got there, my knee hurt a little (not a good thing since I was recovering from a minor knee injury). Oops?

By the time we got to BTMRR, the advertised wait was 65 minutes, but the line looked okay, so we decided to risk it. I did start my stopwatch to see how long we actually waited … approximately 25 minutes. Yeah, I’ll take a 25 minute wait for Big Thunder.

I did take some pictures, both before and during the ride, and since I’ve been doing a lot of words without pictures, I’ll share some of those now:

WDW2016_Day2_252.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_254.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_259.jpg

When we disembarked from our runaway mine train, we saw a PhotoPass photographer. We don’t like pictures, so we decided to skip that and head over to something else.

Okay, I lied.

WDW2016_Day2_260.jpeg

Next up was a hop across the hub to head to Tomorrowland. We saw a PhotoPass photographer along the bridge to Tomorrowland … and you know what happened next.

WDW2016_Day2_266.jpeg

We were a little early for our FP+, so we decided to make a character stop first…

WDW2016_Day2_274.jpg

After meeting Buzz, we decided to help him on his mission to defeat Zurg…

WDW2016_Day2_279.jpg

Beth won. It was weird. That doesn’t usually happen. But we enjoyed.

WDW2016_Day2_282.jpg

Buzz was planned as our last attraction for the day, so it was time to head out. But first … you guessed it … we stopped for pictures:

WDW2016_Day2_284.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_290.jpeg

WDW2016_Day2_296.jpeg

WDW2016_Day2_302.jpeg

Once we were done with pictures, it was time to leave the Magic Kingdom. Our next destination was the start of our race-related activities … but you’ll have to wait a little bit to find out more about it.

Coming Next: Shopping Time (Well … Not So Much for Sarah)

Last edited:

I can't believe this was your first time on Splash Mountain! You do get wet as you obviously experience but ou don't get nearly as wet on Splash as say you would Kali River Rapids.

I have met Woody but I can't say I have ever met Jessie. Great Pictures!

I haven't been on Hall of Presidents since 2012 I believe in which case my dad fell asleep during the show. It's ok but I don't see it every trip mainly when there is a new president which there hasn't been since 2008. That will be different in 2017 though.

Another thing I have never done Enchanted Tales with Belle. I am not really sure why we just never have.

BTMRR is my favorite ride!

Great use of the extra FPs! And great use of Photopass! You really got a lot of good photos.

Yes, Splash Mountain was a new attraction for us.
Say waaaaat! IT'S MY FAVORITE RIDE IN THE WHOLE PARK!

Bahaha! GREAT pic!

That drop, of course, got us more than a little wet. In fact, we got very wet. We got off the ride and one of the first things Beth did was go on to Facebook and complain to our cousin that he had lied to us.
I would have probably done the same!

Your cousin should have also mentioned to ask for 3rd row seating. That's where you get the least wet, in my experience!

What a great magic shot! I love this!

Lumiere looks like he's throwing mad shade at somebody.

CUTE!!!

I've never seen this angle before! I love it!

Our next destination was the start of our race-related activities … but you’ll have to wait a little bit to find out more about it.
I am super excited to read about this!!!

Love the Belle and Lumiere picture and also the BTMRR ones. I'm surprised (and a bit jealous) that you guys got so wet on Splash! We love it and ride multiple times each trip, and rarely get wet. Well, a little damp, but never wet wet and never anywhere near drenched. Guess you got lucky lol!

Wow you did get really soaked! I'm not sure if that's good or bad lol. I love your Buzz pic :)) So awesome. And a pretty decent wait for BTMR. I'm sorry about your knee...that's one bad place to have pain before a run. I hope it didn't affect you the next day.

Great updates and pictures! These two were my favorites!
WDW2016_Day2_235.jpeg

WDW2016_Day2_290.jpeg

Your pictures of Big Thunder makes me want to try it this summer. How much more intense is it than 7 DMT?

Keep the updates coming ( :

Day 2, Chapter 3: Relatives Lie
Wednesday, January 6th, 2016

When you last saw us, we were headed out of Fantasyland. We were actually headed for our first new attraction of the trip…

WDW2016_Day2_203.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_204.jpg

Yes, Splash Mountain was a new attraction for us. We had never been on it before, partially because the line was always long, and partially because of that whole getting wet thing. We had actually discussed it with our cousin (who goes to Disney every year with his family) a few months before the trip, and he assured us that we wouldn’t get too wet. That made us feel much better.

We had FP+ for the ride, so the wait was pretty short. However … getting into the boat/log/ride vehicle was our first indication that this ride might not be what we were expecting. It was kinda wet in there. But the people behind us were first-timers too, so at least we weren’t alone. (Although the guy in front of me did say he was going to duck on the drop so that I get hit by all the water … thanks, man).

We went through the ride. No pictures, because it was my first time and I wanted to enjoy it and not just photograph it (yes, I know some people can do both, and I can on a lot of rides, but for my first time, I didn’t want to). We hit some small drops … and got pretty wet. In fact, we were already pretty wet by the time we got to …

WDW2016_Day2_205.jpg

We knew we wouldn’t be drying off any time soon, and we weren’t going to let being wet stop us from having fun. And, since we’re us, by having fun, you know I mean meeting characters. And that was our next stop:

WDW2016_Day2_207.jpg

I think that this picture gives you a decent idea of how wet I was (or at least how wet my hair was … and also my sleeve):

WDW2016_Day2_209.jpeg

Next stop was one of our favorite parts of Magic Kingdom … a FP+ kiosk. We didn’t want to go all the way to our favorite one (you’ll hear about that later), so we hit up a kiosk somewhere on that side of the park, near the Diamond Horseshoe. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which was our first choice, was not available. At all. We were able to find a FP+ that interested us, but it didn’t start for another 30 minutes or so, which meant that we had time for lunch. We had brought sandwiches with us, and we sat on some benches outside of Liberty Tree Tavern to eat. It was nice, but nothing too exciting.

We still had some time, so we decided to hit up an attraction that we hadn’t experienced in many years:

WDW2016_Day2_212.jpg

Beth was a history major in college. Her area of concentration was post-WWII American History, but still … history. I’m not a big history person, but I am the daughter of a history teacher, so I know a bit and figured I might still enjoy the attraction.

Thoughts … I’m glad we did it. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. But I don’t feel any need to do it again. It was fine, it wasn’t great.

Once we were done being educated, it was time to use our FP+, which was for …

WDW2016_Day2_214.jpg

The FP+ entrance line was super long, but mostly that was because of slow people. We got through quickly and were in the stretching room in a few minutes. I’m not great with crowded spaces, so I really hate that part, but it was over soon enough.
The ride was the same as it always is (sorry, I don’t love this ride, so I really can’t say more than that). We picked up a hitchhiking ghost (see above), but we managed to lose him at some point, so it was all good. After our pictures, we made our way back to Fantasyland, where we decided to spend some time visiting an attraction we had skipped on our last trip…

WDW2016_Day2_225.jpg

I love Beauty and the Beast, but since this is an audience participation thing and we’re not going to participate (other than that one time), we really only do it if there’s a short wait. Which there was at this particular time. We didn’t really take many pictures, because I don’t feel a need to take pictures of other people’s kids, but Beth did get a good picture of Belle and Lumiere:

WDW2016_Day2_223.jpg

On our way to our next stop, we saw more PhotoPass photographers. So of course, we stopped for pictures.

WDW2016_Day2_226.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_234.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_235.jpeg

WDW2016_Day2_238.jpeg

Our next stop was our favorite FP+ kiosk location … the one by Mickey’s PhilharMagic. In Fantasyland. Remember that information.

We got ourselves a FP+ for Buzz Lightyear, but we were a little disappointed in the time. It was later than we wanted, and meant staying in the park a little later than anticipated (and getting to the race expo later than we had planned). While we were trying to decide if we wanted that time or if we wanted to try for something else, we heard someone mention that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad had a 35 minute wait. Now, that’s a pretty good wait time for BTMRR, and we hadn’t been able to get a FP+ for it, so we decided to take the late Buzz FP+ and hustle over to BTMRR.

Since we were running two races over the coming days, we had specifically planned out our MK day so that we wouldn’t be walking too much. We weren’t sticking exactly to the plan, but we were still doing pretty well at minimizing the walking. Speed walking from Mickey’s PhillharMagic to Big Thunder Mountain was probably too much … but we did it anyway. And when we got there, my knee hurt a little (not a good thing since I was recovering from a minor knee injury). Oops?

By the time we got to BTMRR, the advertised wait was 65 minutes, but the line looked okay, so we decided to risk it. I did start my stopwatch to see how long we actually waited … approximately 25 minutes. Yeah, I’ll take a 25 minute wait for Big Thunder.

I did take some pictures, both before and during the ride, and since I’ve been doing a lot of words without pictures, I’ll share some of those now:

WDW2016_Day2_252.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_254.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_259.jpg

When we disembarked from our runaway mine train, we saw a PhotoPass photographer. We don’t like pictures, so we decided to skip that and head over to something else.

Okay, I lied.

WDW2016_Day2_260.jpeg

Next up was a hop across the hub to head to Tomorrowland. We saw a PhotoPass photographer along the bridge to Tomorrowland … and you know what happened next.

WDW2016_Day2_266.jpeg

We were a little early for our FP+, so we decided to make a character stop first…

WDW2016_Day2_274.jpg

After meeting Buzz, we decided to help him on his mission to defeat Zurg…

WDW2016_Day2_279.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_282.jpg

Buzz was planned as our last attraction for the day, so it was time to head out. But first … you guessed it … we stopped for pictures:

WDW2016_Day2_284.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_290.jpeg

WDW2016_Day2_296.jpeg

WDW2016_Day2_302.jpeg

Once we were done with pictures, it was time to leave the Magic Kingdom. Our next destination was the start of our race-related activities … but you’ll have to wait a little bit to find out more about it.

Coming Next: Shopping Time (Well … Not So Much for Sarah)

Another great day. You take great pictures. I have to chime in in the Splash Mountain thing as well. I don't ever get very wet at all. I few drops here and there. I still make sure my phone is in a bag just to be safe but I always come off with just a few drops. But I don't blame you for not taking pics on that ride. There is a lot to see.

As for staying off your feet before the races, I told myself the same thing. And I went slower than normal but I should have gone even slower. But it all worked out. And when you are at Disney it is hard to slow down.

So first... Yes Relatives Lie! ALWAYS! :rotfl2: Hope its wasn't to cold, I hate getting wet and then being stuck being cold!

I love how much you use FP+ i feel like you have totally mastered the FP+ and more then 3 FP's, i cant wait till your FP day!

When you first wrote:

WDW2016_Day2_212.jpg

I thought you were going to say Hall of Presidents was your favorite! I was slightly disappointed when you said a FP+ kiosk was better then Hall of presidents. :rotfl2:

However I do love Hall of Presidents! :D

Love all your Fast pass pictures! looking forward to hearing more about the race!

Love all the photopass pictures! Excellent job getting your moneys worth out of it! ;)

I am a wimp and wear my poncho on Splash Mountain. I truly hate being wet in clothes so if I don't have a poncho I don't go on it. It's such a fun ride so I'm glad you guys gave it a try. Will you do it again?

We haven't been to the Hall of Presidents for a very long time. I do have a funny story about it. The time we did go Lucy was maybe 4 or 5 and in one of the war type scenes Lucy turns to me and in a very adult like tone asks me if this is appropriate for kids. LOL. You probably had to be there but I always think about that moment when people talk about it.

Glad you were able to ride stand by at BTMRR. I often think they over-inflate the wait time for that ride and it sounds like that is what happened with you.

I can't believe this was your first time on Splash Mountain! You do get wet as you obviously experience but ou don't get nearly as wet on Splash as say you would Kali River Rapids.

I've never been on Kali River Rapids either. And after Splash Mountain, I'm not sure if I want to.
Yeah, I know, what have I been doing all these years.

I have met Woody but I can't say I have ever met Jessie. Great Pictures!

I love meeting Woody and Jessie together! They can be a lot of fun together - you should try to meet them sometime!

I haven't been on Hall of Presidents since 2012 I believe in which case my dad fell asleep during the show. It's ok but I don't see it every trip mainly when there is a new president which there hasn't been since 2008. That will be different in 2017 though.

I'm pretty sure that the last time I saw it Bill Clinton was still president. So I was two presidents behind. It was probably about time.
I don't think we'll be seeing it for another few years, though. It's one of those things that I don't feel a need to do more than once every few trips.

Another thing I have never done Enchanted Tales with Belle. I am not really sure why we just never have.

It's one of those things that's cute if you're with a kid who is participating, but not a must-do for me. If you get a chance to see it, I'd say it's worth seeing once, especially if you or one of your sisters wants to participate, but it's something I think you can live without doing.

BTMRR is my favorite ride!

It's one of my favorites too! It's one of those things I have to do at least once every trip, more if I can.

Great use of the extra FPs! And great use of Photopass! You really got a lot of good photos.

Thanks! We really wanted to get our money's worth from the Memory Maker, and we did a good job of that at Magic Kingdom!
And we always love making use of the FP+ kiosks!

Say waaaaat! IT'S MY FAVORITE RIDE IN THE WHOLE PARK!

Yeah ... I spend a lot of time on my hair (okay, like 10 minutes), I'm not a fan of wet.

Bahaha! GREAT pic!

Thanks! I'm not sure if you can tell in this picture that I spent most of the drop trying to make sure my hat didn't fall off... (it's Yankees hat that I got for free on cap day, I'm pretty attached to it)

I would have probably done the same!

Clearly complaining to our cousin was the only reasonable response to the situation.

Your cousin should have also mentioned to ask for 3rd row seating. That's where you get the least wet, in my experience!

Good to know!
Although I'm a little surprised he didn't tell us to ask for the wettest row. I wouldn't put it past him to purposely try to get us soaked. He might find that funny.

What a great magic shot! I love this!

Thanks! I'd seen it in other TRs and was excited that we got it!

Lumiere looks like he's throwing mad shade at somebody.

Well, he's Lumiere. You can't be surprised by that.

Thanks! We really got some great magic shots that day!

I've never seen this angle before! I love it!

I can't remember if we've gotten this shot before, but I think it's a really nice view of the castle!

I am super excited to read about this!!!

I'm putting in lots and lots of expo details, so hopefully it'll be really helpful for you!

Love the Belle and Lumiere picture and also the BTMRR ones. I'm surprised (and a bit jealous) that you guys got so wet on Splash! We love it and ride multiple times each trip, and rarely get wet. Well, a little damp, but never wet wet and never anywhere near drenched. Guess you got lucky lol!

Thanks!
I don't know that I'd say we got lucky ... it did mess up my hair a bit. We weren't exactly looking to get soaked, but it was a lot of fun either way!
I think the rain earlier that day probably contributed to the wet ... so if you're looking to get soaked, try going on a rainy day.

Wow you did get really soaked! I'm not sure if that's good or bad lol. I love your Buzz pic :)) So awesome. And a pretty decent wait for BTMR. I'm sorry about your knee...that's one bad place to have pain before a run. I hope it didn't affect you the next day.

Yeah, we definitely got wetter than we had hoped. But it was still fun.
Thankfully my knee was okay for the race, but it definitely freaked me out a bit. Not what I wanted the day before the race.

Great updates and pictures! These two were my favorites!

Thanks! Those are two of my favorites too!

Your pictures of Big Thunder makes me want to try it this summer. How much more intense is it than 7 DMT?

I'm a big coaster person, so I don't know that I'm the best person to ask because neither of them seems intense to me. I think it is a little more itense than 7DMT, but not a lot more intense. If you like 7DMT and can handle doing it more than once, I think you should give Big Thunder a try.

Another great day. You take great pictures. I have to chime in in the Splash Mountain thing as well. I don't ever get very wet at all. I few drops here and there. I still make sure my phone is in a bag just to be safe but I always come off with just a few drops. But I don't blame you for not taking pics on that ride. There is a lot to see.

Thanks.
Apparently we're the only people who get soaked on Splash! Honestly, I think the rain contributed to it a lot. I think my phone was in my pocket (in its case and holster) and it was okay, but the map that I had in my other pocket was ruined.

As for staying off your feet before the races, I told myself the same thing. And I went slower than normal but I should have gone even slower. But it all worked out. And when you are at Disney it is hard to slow down.

Totally agree - it's important to take it easy, but it's hard! Thankfully we were able to do a little better with that on the next day, but we did have a hard time balancing the Disney with the pre-race.

So first... Yes Relatives Lie! ALWAYS! :rotfl2: Hope its wasn't to cold, I hate getting wet and then being stuck being cold!

Thankfully it wasn't too cold, so we were okay. Just wet and annoyed. Never trust relatives.

I love how much you use FP+ i feel like you have totally mastered the FP+ and more then 3 FP's, i cant wait till your FP day!

We really love the FP+ system and I think we've gotten a good handle on how to make it work for us. I think that once you're used to the system, if you're not afraid of the kiosks and waiting in a short line, it can be really beneficial for some poeople (like us).

I thought you were going to say Hall of Presidents was your favorite! I was slightly disappointed when you said a FP+ kiosk was better then Hall of presidents. :rotfl2:

That's awesome!! Yeah, I like the kiosks better than some of the attractions. I'm weird like that.

However I do love Hall of Presidents! :D

It is a great attraction. Just not one I feel a need to do very often.

Love all your Fast pass pictures! looking forward to hearing more about the race!

Thanks!! Hopefully I'll have a race update soon!

Love all the photopass pictures! Excellent job getting your moneys worth out of it! ;)

Thanks! We really tried our best to stop at almost every photographer we saw.

I am a wimp and wear my poncho on Splash Mountain. I truly hate being wet in clothes so if I don't have a poncho I don't go on it. It's such a fun ride so I'm glad you guys gave it a try. Will you do it again?

I'd do it again ... I'd just probably wear a poncho. I'm not a huge fan of wet. I did enjoy it, though.

We haven't been to the Hall of Presidents for a very long time. I do have a funny story about it. The time we did go Lucy was maybe 4 or 5 and in one of the war type scenes Lucy turns to me and in a very adult like tone asks me if this is appropriate for kids. LOL. You probably had to be there but I always think about that moment when people talk about it.

That is kinda funny. Thanks for sharing that story!!

Glad you were able to ride stand by at BTMRR. I often think they over-inflate the wait time for that ride and it sounds like that is what happened with you.

It definitely seemed to be a highly inflated wait time - but I'm definitely okay with that!

Sorry you guys got so wet on Splash. That ride is so inconsistent! :sad2: :rotfl:

You guys got some great Photo Pass pictures. The HM pic - is that ghost a magic shot? That's really cool. :thumbsup2

Yes, Splash Mountain was a new attraction for us.
Um... what?????

We went through the ride. No pictures, because it was my first time and I wanted to enjoy it and not just photograph it (yes, I know some people can do both, and I can on a lot of rides, but for my first time, I didn’t want to).
I'm more in the camp of just sit back and enjoy the ride. I can watch videos on Youtube anytime I want that are as good or better than anything I'm going to get anyway.

And you typically don't get all that wet on Splash. Especially in the winter. They kind of cut back on some of the "extra" water features. But for future reference, the closer to the front you sit, the wetter you get.

I think this is a fair assessment of it. I enjoy the attraction, but it definitely isn't something I need to do every trip.

We picked up a hitchhiking ghost (see above), but we managed to lose him at some point, so it was all good
That's what you think... :rolleyes1

I like that one too.

Now, that’s a pretty good wait time for BTMRR, and we hadn’t been able to get a FP+ for it, so we decided to take the late Buzz FP+ and hustle over to BTMRR.

Since we were running two races over the coming days, we had specifically planned out our MK day so that we wouldn’t be walking too much. We weren’t sticking exactly to the plan
Oh, that's not bad at all. They're only as far across the park from each other as you could possibly get.

Speed walking from Mickey’s PhillharMagic to Big Thunder Mountain was probably too much … but we did it anyway. And when we got there, my knee hurt a little (not a good thing since I was recovering from a minor knee injury). Oops?
Ouch...

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Sorry you guys got so wet on Splash. That ride is so inconsistent! :sad2: :rotfl:

I think the rain was probably part of why we got so wet, but still ... it wasn't cool.

You guys got some great Photo Pass pictures. The HM pic - is that ghost a magic shot? That's really cool. :thumbsup2

Thanks! The ghost is a magic shot - I was really excited that we got it!

Um... what?????

I'm not a fan of waiting in a long line to get wet. So we always just skipped Splash. It happens.

I'm more in the camp of just sit back and enjoy the ride. I can watch videos on Youtube anytime I want that are as good or better than anything I'm going to get anyway.

I happen to like taking pictures of attractions. I like taking pictures in general.
Which is funny, because I'm a terrible photographer (I also need a new camera, but that's a different story entirely).

And you typically don't get all that wet on Splash. Especially in the winter. They kind of cut back on some of the "extra" water features. But for future reference, the closer to the front you sit, the wetter you get.

To me it seemed like all the water effects were there. There was a lot of wet.
But it's good to know that our experience was not typical.

I think this is a fair assessment of it. I enjoy the attraction, but it definitely isn't something I need to do every trip.

Exactly.

That's what you think... :rolleyes1

There are enough ghosts hiding outside my windows at home (in case you didn't know this, I'm weird), I really didn't need to bring the hitchhiking ghost home with me.

I like that one too.

I think it is the best of the FP+ kiosks.

Oh, that's not bad at all. They're only as far across the park from each other as you could possibly get.

Exactly. Why not go from one end of the park to the complete opposite end?

Yeah. Because what I really need more of in my life is knee problems.

Yeah, yeah, make fun of me, that's really nice of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter