I See a Line, I Wait In It ~ A January 2016 TR - Completed 12/29

It was a great start to the trip!
I really don't like getting to the airport early ... but I've also been close to missing my flight a few times in the past, so I understand why some people do. I guess it's just personal preference.
And there are a lot of great places to fulfill your ice cream needs at Disney, so I can understand skipping Ghirardelli once in a while.
Wonderful! It sounds like you both had a wonderful start! :D I totally understand and my mother is a little more like you, as she does not like waiting too long. However, she understands now, especially after we waited 45 minutes to clear security at LGA flying to Florida at Delta's Terminal D. Yet, I think it wasn't her fault as we did allow enough time. This is part of the reason why I don't like LGA, as security is usually easier at JFK in my experience. However, Palm Beach International Airport, a lovely but small/midsize airport in West Palm Beach, FL, is an airport where you could arrive one hour before your flight and still make it, as security lines are usually no longer than ten minutes, which best Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, Miami International, and of course, MCO. It's absolutely true! There are no shortage of delicious ice cream places and sweet shops at Disney, so I don't feel too bad and my sweet tooth was still satisfied! :D

Wonderful! It sounds like you both had a wonderful start! :D I totally understand and my mother is a little more like you, as she does not like waiting too long. However, she understands now, especially after we waited 45 minutes to clear security at LGA flying to Florida at Delta's Terminal D. Yet, I think it wasn't her fault as we did allow enough time. This is part of the reason why I don't like LGA, as security is usually easier at JFK in my experience. However, Palm Beach International Airport, a lovely but small/midsize airport in West Palm Beach, FL, is an airport where you could arrive one hour before your flight and still make it, as security lines are usually no longer than ten minutes, which best Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, Miami International, and of course, MCO. It's absolutely true! There are no shortage of delicious ice cream places and sweet shops at Disney, so I don't feel too bad and my sweet tooth was still satisfied! :D

I've actually had the opposite experience - I usually have less trouble with security at LGA than I do at JFK. But I don't like LGA for other reasons.
And I've actually flown out of PBI a few times - security there was always great. I wish more airports were that great with security!

YAHOO! Great first day!

Your pilot seemed fun! I love when we have a fun and good pilot!

Love your writing style! :D Cant wait to hear more!

I've actually had the opposite experience - I usually have less trouble with security at LGA than I do at JFK. But I don't like LGA for other reasons.
And I've actually flown out of PBI a few times - security there was always great. I wish more airports were that great with security!
Hmmm that is pretty funny, but I guess it can make sense as JFK has more flights due to handling international and domestic flights while LGA has only domestic flights (save for Canada). Security aside, I only like Delta's terminals, which are nice because they put a lot in to renovate them and they are pretty nice, but other than that, the other terminals there are the pits! I also feel LGA is far more impacted by bad weather due to less runways and also has poorer mass transit connections to the city and other points. I did not know that until now I love PBI as it is such an easy and pleasurable airport to use! I think it helps that it is not a huge airport, as they mainly only have service to the Northeastern cities and major airline hubs. Still, its one of my favorite airports and I love to use it over Fort Lauderdale when I am flying to/from South Florida. I wish other airports would take a page out of PBI's playbook too! :o

We saw lots of people wearing medals. I hope you post a close up picture of your 5K and 10K medals. I recognized the Donald half marathon and the Mickey marathon but there were some others, too.

End of Day Stats: (Sarah Only)
Steps: 14,1468
Miles: 6.13
Flights of Stairs: 25
I hope you post your daily stats. I have a FitBit and love the stats. How in the world did you get 25 flights of stairs on a travel day?
Meanwhile, Beth was at home, making and drinking her own coffee, finishing her last minute packing, and generally sitting around twiddling her thumbs waiting for me to come home (or so I assume).
It drives us crazy to wait for a flight. That's why we like the 5:45am flight, even though it means waking up at 3:15am. Lucky for us we live close to the airport.

After confirming that everyone on the plane was, in fact, headed to Orlando, our pilot announced that our flight time would be 1 hour and 86 minutes. Because that sounds better.
I love that he said that.

We didn't get any rain during our trip, probably because we stayed in our resort, WL, Saturday night and had dinner at Artist Point. But it did turn cold.

YAY!!! You have arrived!

It doesn't sound like your travel was too traumatic.

The short notice with the costume rules stinks! I am glad it didn't impact you, though. I was pretty impressed with a lot of the costumes I saw being worn by the marathoners on Sunday. A lot of them were pretty clever.

I am also pretty impressed with your end of the day stats considering part of your day was spent in the airport and on an airplane. Can't wait to see what is coming up for steps and miles.

Good start with your visit to Downtown Dis..springs, even with the disappointment of the lack of sign, uninspiring merchandise and a shake that made you sick.

But I think I read "jellybeans" and pocket of chocolate (that sort of rhymes), so nothing wrong with that!

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Yay for being at Disney!

Sorry you did not feel well after the shake.

The columns look out of place without a sign. :confused3

I don't like to get to the airport too early either, but I live near a tiny airport with short lines.

Following! Liking the TR so far. Can't wait to hear about your 5K/10K experiences, I love reading others' perspectives of races I've also done. :)

Joining in! Thanks for the tip about magical express, I always manage to make a mistake when going from side A to B. I also fly out of NY, but usually HPN (White Plains). This summer I might fly via JFK. Loved the plane selfie, there's nothing line the start of a trip sense of excitement. I am also a character meet & greet & picture junkie!!

Looking forward to reading more about your trip!
Marina :flower:

YAHOO! Great first day!

:) It was definitely a great way to start our vacation!

Your pilot seemed fun! I love when we have a fun and good pilot!

Our pilot was awesome!! We really liked him and he definitely started the vacation off on the right foot.

Love your writing style! :D Cant wait to hear more!

Thanks!

We saw lots of people wearing medals. I hope you post a close up picture of your 5K and 10K medals. I recognized the Donald half marathon and the Mickey marathon but there were some others, too.

We also saw a lot of people wearing medals. There will definitely be lots of medal pictures here - and I'll try to make sure to post close-ups of both of our medals so that you can see what they look like!

I hope you post your daily stats. I have a FitBit and love the stats. How in the world did you get 25 flights of stairs on a travel day?

The plan is to always post the stats ... I really love seeing them at the end of the day.
In terms of the flights of stairs ... Beth lives in the basement. I live on the second floor. I probably went down to her room at least 5-6 times before we left that day ... so that's at least 10-12 flights right there. Maybe more.

It drives us crazy to wait for a flight. That's why we like the 5:45am flight, even though it means waking up at 3:15am. Lucky for us we live close to the airport.

We've done early flights ... I hate the wakeup, but it's nice to just get up and go straight to the airport!
Although this day it ended up being good that we were leaving later, because I wound up going somewhere in the morning.

I love that he said that.

The pilot was pretty fun. It definitely made the flight a little easier knowing that our flight time would only be a little bit (or 86 minutes...) over an hour.

We didn't get any rain during our trip, probably because we stayed in our resort, WL, Saturday night and had dinner at Artist Point. But it did turn cold.

I did notice that the rain pretty much stopped after Saturday, which was good. But I definitely would have been okay with warmer weather.

YAY!!! You have arrived!

:)

It doesn't sound like your travel was too traumatic.

Thankfully we had an uneventful flight, which is always a nice way to start the trip. Whether or not the trip home was the same way is a different story ... but I'll get to that eventually.

The short notice with the costume rules stinks! I am glad it didn't impact you, though. I was pretty impressed with a lot of the costumes I saw being worn by the marathoners on Sunday. A lot of them were pretty clever.

I think a lot of people came up with great costumes despite the new rules. I really always love looking at the costumes runners come up with - some people are amazingly creative!

I am also pretty impressed with your end of the day stats considering part of your day was spent in the airport and on an airplane. Can't wait to see what is coming up for steps and miles.

A lot of it was from the morning when I was running errands and then packing. I actually didn't realize the totals were so high for that day ... we definitely had a few days with higher totals during the trip.

Good start with your visit to Downtown Dis..springs, even with the disappointment of the lack of sign, uninspiring merchandise and a shake that made you sick.

It definitely was a good way to start the trip, even if it wasn't perfect.

But I think I read "jellybeans" and pocket of chocolate (that sort of rhymes), so nothing wrong with that!

EXACTLY! Where there's jelly beans and chocolate, things are always good.

Yay for being at Disney!

:)

Sorry you did not feel well after the shake.

Thanks. It was definitely disappointing, but thankfully I felt much better the next morning.

The columns look out of place without a sign. :confused3

Totally agree. It was just so weird.

I don't like to get to the airport too early either, but I live near a tiny airport with short lines.

See, that's perfect. I live near a giant airport (one of the largest in the country), and the lines are sometimes long, so I have to get there early, even though I hate it. I wish I didn't have to deal with the long lines!

Following! Liking the TR so far. Can't wait to hear about your 5K/10K experiences, I love reading others' perspectives of races I've also done. :)

Thanks for reading along! I also love reading about others' perspectives on the races (which is why your TR has been on my list of TRs that I want to read for like a week and I just haven't gotten to it yet) - hopefully I'll start on the races soon, and it'll be interesting to see how our experiences differed!

Joining in! Thanks for the tip about magical express, I always manage to make a mistake when going from side A to B. I also fly out of NY, but usually HPN (White Plains). This summer I might fly via JFK. Loved the plane selfie, there's nothing line the start of a trip sense of excitement. I am also a character meet & greet & picture junkie!!

Looking forward to reading more about your trip!
Marina :flower:

Thanks for stopping by and reading along!
The Magical Express thing messes us up every single trip, which is why I wanted to share that tip. Hopefully I can stop someone else from making the same mistake I've made too many times...
I love flying out of JFK ... but I'm guessing it might be a different experience than flying out of HPN just because it's such a big and busy airport. Although I've never flown out of White Plains (we're so close to JFK and LGA that nothing else makes sense), so I'm not really sure.
Yay for another character M&G junkie! Characters really are so awesome!!!

Sarah, I just read your day 1. I wasn't getting emails so I am a little behind, sorry. Sounds like a great first day. And I love the pictures. Makes me feel like I am back there at least for a few minutes.

BTW, you had asked me to post my marathon video when I was done. Here it is. Just beware it was my first time using my GoPro and editing so if anyone on here watches it and has feedback take that into consideration. I see some on here are considering their first runDisney event. I tried to show how big these events are, hopefully it helps you guys if you watch.

Hi Sarah!! :wave2: Sorry so late, I just realized you started your report.

I am so happy you and Beth had such an amazing time! I'm really looking forward to hearing all about it. :thumbsup2

After confirming that everyone on the plane was, in fact, headed to Orlando, our pilot announced that our flight time would be 1 hour and 86 minutes. Because that sounds better.

:scratchin

we left the candy store and headed over to the sock store. But once again, as they have for about 3 years now, little miss matched’s new management (which is not so new anymore) disappointed me, and I did not love any of the socks there.

I had no idea there was a store devoted to socks. :confused3 The only socks I get excited about are SmartWool so I don't think I'd love any of the socks there either. :rotfl:

Ice cream for dinner. It’s a thing. Except that we didn’t get ice cream, we got shakes.

Beth got a Sea Salt Caramel Quake Shake - A Chocolate Bar Infused Milkshake with fresh Banana. Topped with Whipped Cream, Sea Salt and creamy Ghirardelli® Caramel.
I got a Quake Shake with Caramel - A Chocolate Bar Infused Milkshake.

Oh, wow. I've never felt like I had to go to Ghirardelli for the ice cream but the shakes sound amazing! We will definitely have to try to visit when we go. Sorry you didn't feel great afterwards.

There were also some in-store decorations that we had never noticed before (I don’t know if they were new or we’ve just never looked at the ceiling before), so I had to snap pictures of those:

That's one of the most important things I learned here: look up.

Great update, can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Joining! I am in no way a runner but am interested in reading about your experience doing the marathon :) I'm with you on getting to the airport early, I hate it but DH is nuts and likes to be there crazy early. Normally we fly out of White Plains or even Stewart as we'must be a little farther north than you, and both those airports are on the small side and there's really no need to arrive so early :sad2: But we've done JFK before so I guess I can understand getting there a bit earlier.

Sorry about the milkshake not sitting well! Same thing happened to me in Nov. when we went there, and it stinks because you look SO forward to all that deliciousness :guilty:

Sarah, I just read your day 1. I wasn't getting emails so I am a little behind, sorry. Sounds like a great first day. And I love the pictures. Makes me feel like I am back there at least for a few minutes.

BTW, you had asked me to post my marathon video when I was done. Here it is. Just beware it was my first time using my GoPro and editing so if anyone on here watches it and has feedback take that into consideration. I see some on here are considering their first runDisney event. I tried to show how big these events are, hopefully it helps you guys if you watch.

Thank you so much for sharing your video...hoping to do my first marathon (and dopey) in 2018! This was inspiring, exciting and just darn right fun to watch!

Okay finally catching up with the TR!

Love the selfies on the plane...smiles, smiles, smiles!

I love your idea for ice cream for dinner...I usually prefer to have mine at WDW for breakfast...LOL! Sorry it did not agree with the tummy!

I have to get to Disney Springs in November...I have skipped heading that direction for the last 2 trips! Now that it looks like most things have settled down...time to go again

Here is a picture of us hanging out at the gate:
WDW2016_Day1_002.jpg
This is a beautiful photo of the two of you! :lovestruc

We dumped our stuff … and then I remembered to take pictures:
You are a far better DISer than I am! (Still ashamed of not taking a single room pic on my last trip...) :sad2:

It’s gone! Just gone! No more Marketplace sign! What is this world coming to??????
That's Disney Cost-Effectiveness at work! :rotfl:

Ice cream for dinner. It’s a thing.
Seem legit! :thumbsup2

Beth got a Sea Salt Caramel Quake Shake - A Chocolate Bar Infused Milkshake with fresh Banana. Topped with Whipped Cream, Sea Salt and creamy Ghirardelli® Caramel.
I got a Quake Shake with Caramel - A Chocolate Bar Infused Milkshake.
I gained back 5 pounds just reading this. :laughing: I miss sugar!

There were also some in-store decorations that we had never noticed before (I don’t know if they were new or we’ve just never looked at the ceiling before), so I had to snap pictures of those:
Oooooh, they's so sparkly!!! :cutie:

Thank you so much for sharing your video...hoping to do my first marathon (and dopey) in 2018! This was inspiring, exciting and just darn right fun to watch!

My pleasure. I hope it helped to show how big the race is and what to expect. Unfortunately I don't think it sends the message of exactly how much fun it was. It is hard to share that excitement through the screen.

A lot of people are planning on Dopey for 2018. Be waiting at your computer for registration when that one opens, it will sell out FAST. I would say that you may want to do a full marathon before doing Dopey. Just a suggestion. A case can be made for each side but you may enjoy that experience more if you get it out of the way before you do Dopey.

Thanks for posting the video! I really enjoyed watching it - definitely gave me a good perspective of what the marathon experience is like.
I'm trying to write thoughts as I'm watching it...
I really like that you showed so much of the pre-race stuff. I think one of the things that really surprised me at my first rD race was how much time you spend just getting to the race area and then waiting around, and I think you managed to show some of that. I actually wish you'd shown a bit more of the pre-race area, because I was wondering how different the marathon was from the other races in that respect. I did like the shots of the crowds in the corrals - I think people who have never done a Disney race before don't know what kind of crowds to expect, and seeing pictures like this definitely helps (although I think it might have been better with 1 or 2 fewer pictures from the beginning ... but that's just what I would have done).
I definitely loved all of the race footage. The first view of the castle made me cry a little. But I think it was a good sense of the fact that it's always a little crowded, which is something that I think is important to know. And I love that you showed the character stops, even though you seem to have not stopped for any of them.
Also, I love that you used "We Are the Champions" for the end. So appropriate!

Hi Sarah!! :wave2: Sorry so late, I just realized you started your report.

I am so happy you and Beth had such an amazing time! I'm really looking forward to hearing all about it. :thumbsup2

Thanks for joining in - I'm glad you're here!

I had no idea there was a store devoted to socks. :confused3 The only socks I get excited about are SmartWool so I don't think I'd love any of the socks there either. :rotfl:

It's not entirely socks, just mostly. It's called Little Miss Matched. The socks come in (non-matching) sets of 3. At least they used to ... I haven't gotten anything there in years.
And I really need to get SmartWool socks ... apparently they're really good for winter running.

Oh, wow. I've never felt like I had to go to Ghirardelli for the ice cream but the shakes sound amazing! We will definitely have to try to visit when we go. Sorry you didn't feel great afterwards.

Definitely go to Ghirardelli! Their ice cream is amazing. As is the chocolate.

That's one of the most important things I learned here: look up.

Definitely always look up. At Disney, even the ceilings are awesome!

Great update, can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Thanks!

Joining! I am in no way a runner but am interested in reading about your experience doing the marathon :) I'm with you on getting to the airport early, I hate it but DH is nuts and likes to be there crazy early. Normally we fly out of White Plains or even Stewart as we'must be a little farther north than you, and both those airports are on the small side and there's really no need to arrive so early :sad2: But we've done JFK before so I guess I can understand getting there a bit earlier.

Thanks for joining in! I definitely wish we could show up a little later for our flights, but ... JFK. It's great that you have smaller airports nearby that you can fly out of more easily (I can't imagine having to drive far to get to JFK and then go through JFK security ... that means leaving the house way too long before the flight!)

Sorry about the milkshake not sitting well! Same thing happened to me in Nov. when we went there, and it stinks because you look SO forward to all that deliciousness :guilty:

Weird that it happened to you too. I am sad about it, but now I know to stick to the ice cream!

Love the selfies on the plane...smiles, smiles, smiles!

Yeah, I only smile when there's a camera around. But thanks.

I love your idea for ice cream for dinner...I usually prefer to have mine at WDW for breakfast...LOL! Sorry it did not agree with the tummy!

Ice cream is appropriate for all meals at WDW!

I have to get to Disney Springs in November...I have skipped heading that direction for the last 2 trips! Now that it looks like most things have settled down...time to go again

I really didn't notice any construction, and there was lots of new stuff there. I think it's definitely worth a visit!

This is a beautiful photo of the two of you! :lovestruc

Thank you!

You are a far better DISer than I am! (Still ashamed of not taking a single room pic on my last trip...) :sad2:

Yeah ... this trip was all about the pics for the TR. I think I was driving Beth crazy.

That's Disney Cost-Effectiveness at work! :rotfl:

Screw cost-effectiveness - I want a new Marketplace sign!

Seem legit! :thumbsup2

Ice cream has protein and calcium - exactly what you need in a good dinner!

I gained back 5 pounds just reading this. :laughing: I miss sugar!

Yeah, I may have realized today that I have a slight sugar problem. Sugar is just so yummy!

Oooooh, they's so sparkly!!! :cutie:

Yes! And I don't think my pictures do them justice. Definitely look up next time you're at World of Disney!!

My pleasure. I hope it helped to show how big the race is and what to expect. Unfortunately I don't think it sends the message of exactly how much fun it was. It is hard to share that excitement through the screen.

I think there is some excitement that comes through. It's definitely a hard thing to show in a video like that, though.

---

So ... the next update (beginning of day 2) should be coming soon. Hopefully tomorrow. I've been kinda slow so far, so I'm going to try to work on getting through the next few updates a little faster.

Day 2, Chapter 1: I Think I Understand Rope Drop (Part 1)
Wednesday, January 6th, 2016
Today was a great day … because for the first time in over 10 months, were waking up in Disney World! We were up a little earlier than we would like (but not crazy early) because we had morning plans. After packing our lunch materials, snacks, and anything we would need for the expo, we left the room … or at least opened the door. And saw that it was raining. So it was back to the room for our hats.

Hats in place, we headed out to the food court to grab coffee for Beth, heat up our breakfast, and make our lunch sandwiches. Breakfast was coffee/water and …

WDW2016_Day1_001.jpg

Those are chocolate chip waffles made at home with my Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker. We made a big batch and brought them with us to heat up (double wrapped) in the food court microwaves for breakfast on a few days. On this particular morning, I had trouble with the microwave. Seriously. It’s a microwave, how hard can it be to use?

Anyway … once Beth had her coffee and I had reheated the waffles, we grabbed some pancake syrup, made our lunches, and headed out to the bus stop to wait in the rain for our bus. We were on a bus not long after, headed to one of my favorite places in the world…

WDW2016_Day2_005.jpg

That’s right, we were starting our park time in the best possible way – with the Magic Kingdom Welcome Show!

Before the show started, we spotted a PhotoPass photographer and got our first Memory Maker pictures. Here are some of them:

WDW2016_Day2_007.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_006.jpeg

After we took our pictures, we staked out a spot for the welcome show. And shortly before the show started, a runner in a bright orange Brooks jacket with a GoPro found himself a spot that was right in my line of sight. He wasn’t directly in front of me, so it wasn’t super offensive or anything, but he was between me and some of the action, so you’ll see him in some of my pictures.

What pictures, you ask? Here are a few:

WDW2016_Day2_014.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_015.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_020.jpg

(Note the orange jacket and GoPro on the left side of this picture)

WDW2016_Day2_021.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_030.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_034.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_035.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_039.jpg

The Welcome Show was cute, as always. We had last seen it in November 2014, and I remembered it being a bit longer. So I’m guessing we may have seen a rain-shortened version of the show. Darn rain.

Once the show was over, it was time for us to run left … because it was time for rope drop! We weren’t headed for either of the two major rope drop attractions, so we we didn’t have to rush like crazy, but we did try to keep a decent pace because we wanted to make it to our first attraction before the line built up too much. And what was our first attraction?

WDW2016_Day2_042.jpg

That’s right, the rope drop rush! We weren’t there for an actual attraction, just for people watching. Because what better use is there of your morning than to watch people stampeding down Main Street?

Okay, fine, I’m kidding – we were headed for an actual attraction. But before we made it there, we stopped for some more PhotoPass pictures:

WDW2016_Day2_046.jpeg

WDW2016_Day2_048.jpeg

We also got photobombed by someone…

Next we stopped for a selfie by the castle …

WDW2016_Day2_051.jpg

… before walking through the castle, into Fantasyland, and over to our first attraction of the day …

WDW2016_Day2_053.jpg

Total time from the end of the Welcome Show until we arrived at Peter Pan’s Flight: 10 minutes. And that includes all of our picture stops.

I tried to take pictures of the queue. But again … not the best camera in the world. Here are a selection of the ones that I was able to make look decent:

WDW2016_Day2_055B.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_056B.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_057.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_062.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_064.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_065.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_067B.jpg

(Continued in Next Post)

Last edited:
(Continued from Previous Post)

Day 2, Chapter 1: I Think I Understand Rope Drop (Part 2)
Wednesday, January 6th, 2016

Once we had made it through the Peter Pan’s Flight queue (approximately 8 minutes, including many picture stops), it was time to jump in our ship, get sprinkled with pixie dust, and head off to Neverland!
So, what did we see in Neverland?
Well, there were some mermaids:

WDW2016_Day2_075.jpg

Captain Hook and Peter Pan:

WDW2016_Day2_079B.jpg

There are lots of other pictures … but they didn’t come out so well. Oh well, *SPOILER ALERT* we had plans to ride again on our second MK day, so maybe I would get better pictures then.

We were off the ride shortly after 9, and it wasn’t quite time for our first FP+ yet. The standby time for 7DMT was allegedly 30 minutes … but we saw the line and it didn’t look like 30 minutes (more like 70), so we skipped it and chose a different ride instead…

WDW2016_Day2_081.jpg

As you can see, the wait was advertised as 5 minutes … and it was a walk on. Pretty soon we were hanging with Pooh, celebrating his birthday with hunny.

Oh, you want pictures? Fine.

WDW2016_Day2_083.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_084.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_086.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_089.jpg

I have a few more trippy Heffalumps and Woozles pictures, but I figured one was enough for this post.

Once we were done celebrating with Pooh, it was finally time for our first FP+. And what better attraction to chose for our first FP+ of the trip than our favorite ride…

WDW2016_Day2_091.jpg

We were through the queue pretty fast, and were soon greeted with this sight…

WDW2016_Day2_093.jpg

On the ride and up we go …

WDW2016_Day2_094.jpg

In the mine …

WDW2016_Day2_096.jpg

Dancing with Snow White and the Dwarfs…

WDW2016_Day2_104.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_105.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_106.jpg

Old Hag …

WDW2016_Day2_109.jpg

Official ride photo…

WDW2016_Day2_098.jpg

(We were kinda in mid-conversation when this picture happened)

And, lastly, our official ride video… (I would just like to state for the record that I am unhappy about having to upload these files to youtube to embed them)

Once we returned from the mine, next on our agenda was, of course, princesses!

WDW2016_Day2_132.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_131.jpg

Our first princess of the day was the always wonderful Cinderella.

WDW2016_Day2_115.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_116.jpg

I did mention to her that we’d be eating in her castle later in our trip, and she was very excited!

Next up was Rapunzel …

WDW2016_Day2_125.jpg

Rapunzel was, as always, super chatty, and absolutely wonderful.

Next on our agenda …

WDW2016_Day2_133.jpg

Yay carousel! We love the carousel. It’s such a nice and relaxing experience (not like that death trap the PeopleMover) with great music and great views of the castle. And some show they were doing with the sword to which I was paying little attention. But anyway.

Once we got off the carousel, we headed for another nearby attraction…

WDW2016_Day2_134.jpg

This was attraction #6 of the day. #7 if you count the Welcome Show.
The timestamp on this picture? 9:58 AM.
All of this was done before 10 AM. The park opened at 9 AM.

I hate mornings, and I will say that a lot … but it was at that point that I finally understood rope drop. I still don’t like it (because, well, mornings), but I get it now.

Coming Next … This Will Be The Best Ride Ever!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter