I remember when,

I remember road tripping with friends and praying we'd make it to the next rest station on fumes. We made it, but we were all so broke we had to scrape together all the change we could find in our wallets, pockets, and under the seats of the car. We managed to scrape together a little less than 4 bucks, and it bought enough gas to get us back to civilization a couple of hours away.

I remember tripping :hippie: ,,,
uh,, road tripping, yeah, thats the ticket, road tripping.

I remember when Gilbert Godfrey did the voice for the Afoc Duck,,
THEY FIRED HIM !! Seems he pizz'd off a buncha folk in Japan and Aflac is really huge in Japan, so they fired him.
Now they are looking for a nobody who can sound like the Duck to replace Gilbert.
Sooo, if your nobody, and you sound like the Aflac Duck, this is your chance !

Mikeymouse1
I loved those plastic oranges. Mom does not remember the orangebird but she does remember those.

This trip will be my first one back to MK since I was a little kids.My parents never wanted to got back there, we went to Disneyland instead.Mom was too embarassed to go back when we were kids(My Dad had PTSD, that we did not understand back then.We went just before the park turned 1.Dad was startled by a chacter, long ag short and short of it he hurt the charactor,Not sure if Dad was banned or not.

I remember when I .........................., never mind, I forgot what I was going to say.

I remember when summer was hot and winters were cold, they didn't call it ,clomate change.
If you wanted climate change you moved North or you moved South. If you had AC/and or AC/Heat you turned the thermostat up or down.
Because they temp chanhed outsid 1/4 of 1/16 millionth of a fraction of a degree in 20 years really didn't make the ice cubes in my glass of water melt any faster, that I could tell.
So how come no one cares about when it's 85 during a summer day and drops a WHOPPING 12 degrees when the sun sets, ALL INNA 24 HOUR PERIOD ??

I remember when it was just weather, you know, it was hot or cold.

I had a high-tech weather device called a "weather rock". Couldn't go outside without checking the rock first.

WeatherRockFlyerSmall.jpg

;) :rotfl:

I remember the carosel of progress being the GE exhibit at the 64-65 Worlds Fair in NY and It's a small world was Pepsi's exhibit. I still go to the carosel of progress when at the MK. The last scene has changed a bit

I remember when Sunday evenings were planned around World of Disney coming on TV.

I remember when you could swim in the DAMN lakes!!! My dad and granddad had a lot of meetings at Disney when I was very young and my mom and I would go play on the beach at the Fort and swim in Bay Lake!

I remember when you could swim in the DAMN lakes!!! My dad and granddad had a lot of meetings at Disney when I was very young and my mom and I would go play on the beach at the Fort and swim in Bay Lake!

Congrats to mikeymouse1,,
You just made your 300th. post !! :banana:

Hard to believe I can remember anything the way my mind has been lately,, but I remember when there was only the Magic Kingdom at WDW and Disney would have up and coming bands playing at the MK, and now they are oldie but goldies, :hippie:
KC & the Sunshine Band, the Commodores , etc.

I remember when Sunday evenings were planned around World of Disney coming on TV.

Yep! Loved those movies.

I remember Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

I remember Magic Kingdom... just Magic Kingdom! No other "parks" to go to.

I think I remember the Penny Arcade on Main Street. I remember thinking the Magic Shop on Main Street was the COOLEST store... is it even still there?

I remember when being outside was fun. Kids didn't get their entertainment play'n video games.
We usta play things like neighborhood baseball and neighorhood football,, hide& seek,, red rover,, make our own kites and fly them,, capture the flag,, kick ball,, dodge ball,,tag,, make homemade fish poles & dig up worms to fish,, catch lighting bugs inna jar,, play in the creeks 'n try to catch craw fish,, skip stones,, pick wild flowers for my mom,, build things outta old scrap wood lay'n around-like maybe a bird house,, and I was forever try'n to build a go-cart but could never find 4 wheels for it,, and we didn't have pools-we'd swim in the creeks,, and much much more !

And ya know what,,I hadda AWESOME childhood, I never lacked for anything to do, and even tho my wife will disagree with me-I think I grew up to be a reasonably normal person :-)confused3)

I remember Walter Lantz
Academy Award-winning animator: creator of
Woody Woodpecker

I remember at the Magic Kingdom when they had these big Swan Boats that you could enjoy a leisurely ride around the canals in the MK.
At the time the Swan Boat ride cost you a "D" ticket or .75 cents .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter