I remember when,

I remember when i stayed at the contemp....guy lambardo and his royal canadians were plying at the top of the tower....:goodvibes

Guy Lambardo was my mothers all time favorite orchestra,,,funny how as a kid you don't like certain things but ya know to appreciate them later in life , like certain types of music.

I LOVED the orange smeel at Horizons ! Now we have to do Soar'n (at Epcot) to smell the oranges.

Except that I've never gone on Soarin:sad2: Too afraid I will get sick! LOVE the music for it, and I've even watched the videos on it... just can't commit to feeling nauseous for a day for a ride...

Does anybody remember the Diamond Horseshoe Jamboree? I remember it being an amazing dinner show. Can't for the life of me remember what it was about :confused3

Guy Lambardo was my mothers all time favorite orchestra,,,funny how as a kid you don't like certain things but ya know to appreciate them later in life , like certain types of music.

So true soo true my friend....

Does anybody remember the Diamond Horseshoe Jamboree? I remember it being an amazing dinner show. Can't for the life of me remember what it was about :confused3

Can Can Girls !! :banana:

I remember gas wars at .23 cents a gal. and 2 people would come out to pump gas, air up the tires, check your oil, and wash the front and rear window.
AND then some stations even gave (green)stamps !!

I remember when mom would give me a nickel (.05 cents) and I would run to the corner drug store , buy a chocolate popsicle and sit on the street curb and eat it in the hot sun while try'n to keep it from dripp'n down my hand.

good times :thumbsup2

I remember the Fort Wilderness Railroad and the open trams running through the Fort.

I remember hammocks out in front of the Meadows Trading Post and the game Arcade there.

I remember hammocks at the beachfront and swimming in Bay Lake.

I remember poolhopping to the Polynesian pool.

I remember when Uncle Remus did the narration for the Splash Mountain ride. Then they changed it to a FROG ?!?!? :confused3 Pretty sure theres no narration now. .

I remember my 5-day pass was made of paper and had a string to attach it to a purse or a belt loop. It was yellow and had a picture of the castle with Mickey and Minnie in front. I remember how important it was to make sure that paper pass was with me at all times and being so scared I was going to lose it someplace in MK.

I remember when a Friday night out on the town was a chilli dog at the Tastee Freez and then over to the A&W to get a gallon of rootbeer,,:thumbsup2

I remember staying in the Air-streams that Fort Wilderness rented and the chickens and peacocks roaming around.and when you bought a cap gun at the Trading Post or the Pirates of the Caribbean it looked pretty real not hot pink or bright red with a safety orange tip and you could use it to kill cowboys Indians red coats or any other bad guys with out offending someone!

I remember poolhopping to the Polynesian pool.

I remember taking a boat/launch from the campground to the Polynesian to get to the pool.

I remember rushing over to make reservations for this show. The show would usually be booked up for the day within 1-2 hours of park opening.

I remember road tripping with friends and praying we'd make it to the next rest station on fumes. We made it, but we were all so broke we had to scrape together all the change we could find in our wallets, pockets, and under the seats of the car. We managed to scrape together a little less than 4 bucks, and it bought enough gas to get us back to civilization a couple of hours away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter