I remember when,

I don't remember 1934,,but I do remember today is Donald Ducks birthday !!
According to the Disney canon, Donald's birthday is officially recognized as June 9, 1934.

Happy birthday Donald !

On June 11, 1977 (and yes , I do remember this),Walt Disney World's version of the Main Street Electrical Parade debuts. (It will run through September 1992 when it is replaced with Spectromagic, and then return to the park again in May 1999.)

Hey, did you know to finance Disneyland, Walt Disney sold a vacation home and even borrowed against his life insurance.

I actually do not remember this,,but you might,,

On this day in 1974:
Disney World’s "Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue" dinner show debuts in Pioneer
Hall at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Created as a college
workshop summer production only, guest response will be so positive that Walt Disney World entertainment
will continue the show with a permanent professional cast at the end of the 1974 summer!

On Friday October 1, 1971 ,at Orlando, Florida, was the grand opening of Walt Disney World.
The Magic Kingdom (the only theme park at the time on Disney property) featured Adventureland, Fantasyland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Tomorrowland, a Main Street USA, and about 5,500 Cast Members.

The price of admission was $4.95! And yes, I do remember that.

However, to do the rides and shows you had to have a ticket, which could be bought at ticket booths thru-out the park.

Who remembers the Ed Sullivan Show ?
We usta gather round the TV box (or "**** tube" as we affectionately called it)(sometimes I just called it Fred) to watch the Ed Sullivan Show. He had all the greats and new comers on, it was very cool show, :thumbsup2

1956 was the 8th Anniversary of the Ed Sullivan Show and Walt Disney along with Ronald Reagan, Natalie Wood, Robert Walker, Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz sang "Happy Anniversary" in a tribute to Sullivan.

"I think that I have just remembered something. I have just remembered something that I forgot to do yesterday and shan't be able to do tomorrow. So I suppose I really ought to go back and do it now." - Piglet

I remember the "Slo Poke" suckers,,it was a vanilla carmel sucker candy onna stick,,man that baby would last ALL DAY !! (or so it seemed)

And remember Blue Bubble Gum Cigars that are labeled, "It's a Boy."/"It's a Girl" . They are about 4 inches long. Adults usta give them out to non smokers but they were made for us kids.

I remember when two of our favorite past times gatherings during the July 4 celebrations,
we usta play "croquet" and pitch "horse shoes",,

good times,:goodvibes

Farnk, do you remember maiming family and friends with lawn darts?

I sure do . . . :rolleyes1

Those things were awesome !!! (unless of course you were standing on the opposing end of the launch)
Took longer to outlaw them than I would have thought.

Yup . . . they were dangerous in the wrong hands, but they sure were fun.

Don't you find it odd that they outlawed lawn darts but you can still buy guns? :rolleyes1

Without druggist Edward Berner of Two Rivers, Wisconsin it wouldn’t even exist. It seems that on this day, back in 1881, a patron came into Edward Berner’s drug store and sat down at the soda-fountain counter. Since it was the Sabbath, the customer couldn’t have the desirable, but scandalous, flavored, soda water. Mr. Berner compromised and put ice cream in a dish and poured the syrup on top (chocolate syrup was only used for making flavored and ice-cream sodas, at the time). Voila! An ice cream Sunday (the spelling was later changed to ‘sundae’). The customer was happy; Mr. Berner was happy ... he just invented a dessert that he could serve on Sundays and remain morally correct; and we are happy ’cause we like ice-cream sundaes no matter what day of the week it is.

This is one time we can say, “Always on Sunday ... or is that sundae?”

Did ya ever try a Krispy Kreme "Doughnut Sundae" ?
Mmmmm, really good stuff, :thumbsup2

Remember when a day off meant you could sleep in late, have breakfast, watch TV all day and pretty much do nothing ?
Okay, so maybe that was when I was 12 years old,,but I still remember !:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter