i-pod touch

dfr

Earning My Ears
Hi.
Looking for some advice on buying an i-pod touch in florida,
we are in florida this august and my 12 year old son is wanting a i-pod touch so i was wondering if it is possible to buy one at walmart and bring it home to give to him at christmas,
the sort of things i would like to know is
can you charge it up ok in the uk(and if you can how)
can you connect it up to a uk computer to add things onto it ok
will the warrenty be valid in the uk
basicly will everything be ok in the UK if i buy it in the U.S.
thanks any info would be great.

p.s if this thread is in the wrong place sorry

My Dad bought me one in the Apple store in Florida Mall last year and it works fine in the UK. It charges by connecting to the USB port on your PC, or you can buy a USB -> Mains adapter here so no need to worry about 'odd' mains leads. It also connects to the UK version of Itunes no problem at all.

Hadn't thought about the warranty but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be a problem either.

Hi,

A few years ago I bought an iPod Nano at a Virgin Megastore. We brought it home and as they only supply a cable to connect to your computer to charge, not via the wall but you can buy one of these over ebay. This is the same as the UK (Only USB cable.)

It charges and connects to a computer fine yes. The warranty, I am not 100% sure on so someone else would have to help but I don't see why not. I had a DS from Miami as a gift and the screen broke and Nintendo fixed it under warranty so if its the same, should be ok but may want to check first if you are concerned about the warranty on it.

Good Luck.

Bought my own iPod in New York. Apple are one of the few companies left who offer a "worldwide" warranty, ie. you can take it out of the country of purchase without invalidating the warranty.

You'll have no problems! Only thing I would say is remember you still only get your one year warranty and this will start from the day of purchase, rather than Xmas Day (or whenever you give it to your son).

Walmart do a US/UK warranty (you take it back to Asda). My brother bought a PS3 two years ago from Walmart.

My sons both wanted one back in February. We tried Walmart first but they had sold out so we got them from the Apple store in the Florida Mall. Hopefully any problems and they can pop into an Apple store here. They didn't buy anything extra and charge them via the computer.
Only problem is I can't remember what they look like without a pair of headphones on. Glued to them!!:confused3

Hi,
Thank you for all the good advice seems that it will be fine to buy in the states and use over here.

We bought one last week. After comparing the prices, we found BestBuy to be the cheapest. Apple store was $229, WalMart and Target were $225, but BestBuy was $217.

All those prices are plus 6.5% tax.

I think that the Bestbuy price is only valid if you order online and "collect in store", as thats what I did, but when in store, they appeared to be $229.

As previously informed, the warranty is indeed 12 months, International.

The saving isnt exactly massive though....it might just be easier to buy from Amazon....especialy if you are paying by credit card and it isnt a Nationwide or Post Office card.

My son bought one in USA and it was fine.

I would do as Tron says and just see what the price difference is, far easier to return stuff to a shop over here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter