I never thought I'd be posting here... Rest easy, Clutter

leebee

DIS Veteran
Perhaps you might remember the "de-stash" 2020 thread here on the DISboards Budget Board, about "Time to Putter with Clutter." I laughed then about how I and my DISboard friend, "Clutter," were going to go to Acadia National Park and putter away the day. Well... I learned last night from her daughter, Carly, who is in Germany studying on a Fulbright scholarship, that "Clutter" (Diane) passed away unexpectedly in the past few days; they found her at her desk, in her home i Virginia, from where she was still working remotely. I have no idea of the circumstances surrounding her passing; her daughter is still trying to get back to the States and figure this all out.

Diane was an outgoing, friendly person. A single mom for all her daughter's life, Diane purchased a DVC contract when Carly was young; she realized how much they both loved Disney and how easy it would be to have a "built in" vacation every year. I met Diane thru the DISboards. Carly decided to come to UMaine for her undergrad work and Diane wanted to know what it was like here, as she knew from the DISboards that I live in Orono and work at UMaine. Carly came to UMaine and Diane and I communicated via the DISboards about once a year. When her daughter decided to stay for her master's degree, always having loved the small town atmosphere of Orono, Diane decided it was time buy a house and plan for her retirement. She bought the house here in town, found tenants, and started making repairs and updating. Diane's daughter is now in Germany, as I mentioned, and Diane was planning on moving up here in May, taking early retirement and starting the next phase of her life as a small-town Maine woman.

I am sad for the loss of my friend, and my heart is breaking for her daughter, who is in Germany and trying to deal with all of this. Tragic, for sure, and prayers and thoughts for Diane and Carly are appreciated.

Again, leebee, my condolences to Carly, family and friends, like you. Prayers for Carly's ability to work through this sadness. God speed for Diane.

This is why we decided to retire once we reached 65. We're both capable of working but I've heard of too many people who didn't make it. Sympathy for her daughter and your because it is tough to lose someone so worthy.

Perhaps you might remember the "de-stash" 2020 thread here on the DISboards Budget Board, about "Time to Putter with Clutter." I laughed then about how I and my DISboard friend, "Clutter," were going to go to Acadia National Park and putter away the day. Well... I learned last night from her daughter, Carly, who is in Germany studying on a Fulbright scholarship, that "Clutter" (Diane) passed away unexpectedly in the past few days; they found her at her desk, in her home i Virginia, from where she was still working remotely. I have no idea of the circumstances surrounding her passing; her daughter is still trying to get back to the States and figure this all out.

Diane was an outgoing, friendly person. A single mom for all her daughter's life, Diane purchased a DVC contract when Carly was young; she realized how much they both loved Disney and how easy it would be to have a "built in" vacation every year. I met Diane thru the DISboards. Carly decided to come to UMaine for her undergrad work and Diane wanted to know what it was like here, as she knew from the DISboards that I live in Orono and work at UMaine. Carly came to UMaine and Diane and I communicated via the DISboards about once a year. When her daughter decided to stay for her master's degree, always having loved the small town atmosphere of Orono, Diane decided it was time buy a house and plan for her retirement. She bought the house here in town, found tenants, and started making repairs and updating. Diane's daughter is now in Germany, as I mentioned, and Diane was planning on moving up here in May, taking early retirement and starting the next phase of her life as a small-town Maine woman.

I am sad for the loss of my friend, and my heart is breaking for her daughter, who is in Germany and trying to deal with all of this. Tragic, for sure, and prayers and thoughts for Diane and Carly are appreciated.
So very sorry for the loss of your friend. Will add Diane and Carly to my prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter