I need help from the WISH board...

Mom2Em

<font color=red>Member of the SHY DIS'ers<br><font
I am a Pooh sized person... Until about a month or so ago, I was just fine with myself... but I now starting to feel "the weight"... also, DD who is 7 could use a little more activity... what I am looking for is an exercise program that DD and I can do at home... we do not have any machines... Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance for your help!!

Welcome to WISH, sweetie. How about trying walk away the pounds at first? It's an inexpensive video or DVD and easy enough for a seven year old and you can do it together, no matter what the weather is like.

Katholyn

I second that! The Walk Away the Pounds tapes/dvds are great and easy enough for any age!

You can find more info about them here

They can be purchased at Target, Walmart, Kmart, Sports Authority, Galyans, etc, etc...

Thanks! That looks very good... I am wanting something DD and I can do together... a little bonding if you know what I mean... :)

For rainy and bad weather days the WATP videos are good - but I vote to just get out and walk together - it gives you time to talk to each other and walking is free.

Sue:D

You might want to start with the one mile tape. It only takes 16 minutes and shouldn't be too much for a 7 year old.

Katholyn

I was thinking of mixing up a few things... On some days the walking and maybe pilates, yoga, etc on another... any good advice where to find the pilates/yoga type info?
Thanks!!! You guys are awesome!!

I agree with you game plan and the advice so far about walking and using WATP. I use a Winsor Pilates dvd that I purchased and love it. You might try to get a book on pilates from the library to see if you might be interested. If you can latch on the Winsor Pilates dvd look for the 20 minute version to start. That will be a bit of a struggle for a time. The good thing is there is a modified program to see along with those doing the full routine.

Good luck with this project. What a great Mom you are to want to do this with your daughter.

I am wanting to start/teach my DD and myself a way of healthy living... It is really so hard with all of the convenience foods, etc out there... You guys are awesome!

I think you got the answer to your question, but I just wanted to say you sound like a wonderful mom and that's so awesome. :-) I hope you & your little girl have fun with your work-outs together. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter