I need a fan to sleep!!

My husband has been begging me to call disney and see if they have fans. He needs one to sleep and we are flying. He feels if hes paying close to $5000 for a disney vacation the least they can do is get him a fan. I told him hes crazy but does anyone know if disney has fans?

Another noise sleeper here! I will be buying one of these small fans or a white noise machine for our trip ;) Thanks for all the great info!

Me too! Anyway I just heard on www.wdwtoday.com that the one think the announcer likes about CBR is that since it's an older resort they have the big units where you have the two dials and the blowers, which makes the great noise. Apparently he sleeps with a fan too.

FYI last May I went to FQ and I literally slept on the floor with my head under the unit so I couldn't hear anyone snoring! :lmao:

sabres said:
My husband has been begging me to call disney and see if they have fans. He needs one to sleep and we are flying. He feels if hes paying close to $5000 for a disney vacation the least they can do is get him a fan. I told him hes crazy but does anyone know if disney has fans?

I think I've read that some resorts have a very limited number of them that they loan out, but in my case, I can't chance it. I literally won't sleep and I can go ddddaaaaaayyyysss without sleeping, unfortunately.

I sound like a fan junkie. :rotfl2:

EjandMD said:
Me too! Anyway I just heard on www.wdwtoday.com that the one think the announcer likes about CBR is that since it's an older resort they have the big units where you have the two dials and the blowers, which makes the great noise. Apparently he sleeps with a fan too.

POR, or Dixie Landings, in my case, had noisy A/C units too. I think that was the one place where I didn't need to bring a fan.

FYI last May I went to FQ and I literally slept on the floor with my head under the unit so I couldn't hear anyone snoring! :lmao:

Ah, yes. Snoring. There are times when my nose is almost touching my fan, in my quest to drown out DH's snoring. I feel your pain. :sad2:

By the way, DH never slept with one until he married me. He calls it the coma fan. I caught one in his room at the firestation not too long ago. He hasn't lived that one down yet.

Ah, yes. Snoring. There are times when my nose is almost touching my fan, in my quest to drown out DH's snoring. I feel your pain. :sad2:

As do I...I'm sitting here at the GF with my fan happily churning away...wouldn't leave home without it :goodvibes

Wow, I thought my husband was the only...ahem..."eccentric" person in the world who has to sleep with a fan. He needs it more for the noise than the breeze. After 25 years, now I am hooked too!

When they started coming out with those white noise machines (water sounds, waves lapping, rainfall, etc.) we bought one thinking it would replace the fan, but it isn't loud enough for DH. The funny thing is that now we sleep with the fan AND the noise machine on at night! :crazy:

We can usually get by with just the fan in the bathroom running or the AC, but it sure is good to get home to our good ole box fan and bag-of-water waterbed. :love:

Never heard of this fan thing before, funny that you all describe needing/liking them the same way.

I thought my kids were the ONLY ones that needed fans....
took a small one along this past week, but unfortunately it broke (very
cheap little fan) - teenager just couldn't get to sleep..... :sad2:

We all need a fan to sleep, too, so we bought a sound machine that we bring with us now. Works like a charm! I think it's by Homedics, and I bought it at Bed Bath & Beyond.

My husband also NEEDS a fan to sleep. I always thought he was nuts but after 5 years of marriage I'll admit that I have trouble falling asleep without it. The last time we had a power outage we were both tossing and turning becasue it was so quiet!! He's so bad that when he stayed with me in the hospital after the birth of our son, he packed a little fan for himself!! However, the noise of the air conditioners at WDW have always been enough for him, and he's never suggested bringing one from home.

:lmao:
I need a fan to sleep too! Whenever there isn't a fan around I will stay awake listening to the smallest little noises.
We have a very cheap box fan that we use every night, but luckily we have a small desk fan to bring with us in May!
Good to hear that DBF & I aren't the only fan addicted sleepers out there. :rotfl:

My DD needs a fan too sleep,is obsessive about it. We stayed at POP in 12/05 and she was flipping out about not having a fan so we called the front desk,they connected us to housekeeping---a fan showed up at our room in 15 mins--Thank God. We used it all week. I also use a white noise machine. :thumbsup2

I always pack my small $10 desk top type fan whenever I am going anywhere!! Even one night on the road and i drag that thing with me. I only need it at home for the noise but in hotels i also like it for some extra air movement. i never have it aimed at me though.

In hotels, I need white noise too. I always leave the TV on on a channel with static, or if that is not available, the Weather channel or something else repetitive and mundane, at like "2". That way it also doubles as my DD's night light, since she hates sleeping in strange beds in the dark.

We need fans to sleep, too. We drove to Disney so we were able to bring ours with us with no trouble. However, it was August so the air conditioning was running full time and it was nice and loud (POR in the AB). It did the trick and we never even used our fan. Still, I wouldn't travel without it. I made that mistake once on a weekend trip to Frankenmuth. I didn't sleep for two days. I'll never do that again. Ever. My fan goes with me on all trips now. The fan is all powerful :worship: :worship: :worship:

Wow! I had no idea there were so many fan fanatics. I need mine for a different reason than the noise - I am fifty and I am female. Do I need to say more?? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My dh needs a fan to sleep, too. Thanks for the tip about the Target fan. I think I'll stop by there this weekend and pick one up.

I need to have the radio on when I sleep! :blush:

Mary

jayhjay said:
Have you considered renting one for your trip? A Baby's Best Friend rents them (http://www.abbf.com/equipment.php?item=fan). It is only $10 for the week. THey will deliver to your resort and have a good reputation for quality. MIght be easier than trying to drag one along. JJ

There is a $50 dollar minimum for delivery so you can't just get a fan. We're getting 2 (one for us, one my parents--who I got this habit from! ;) ) and some toys for dd. It comes $55 dollars and we're splitting it my parents. Dh and I said it was worth $27 bucks not to have to lug one down there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter