I need a fan to sleep!!

RN01

Mouseketeer
I know this sounds stupid but I have always slept with a fan going for the noise. We are staying at the POP in Dec and flying so there is no way I can bring one from home. Are the fans on the airconditioners loud enough the cause noise or do you think the resort would give me one to use? I can hear it now " That crazy lady in room ### is requesting a fan!!!

I need to have some background noise to sleep as well. We are going to POP in Sept, and I think I am going to pick up a white noise machine. I have seen mentions of them on these forums, and people say they work well. Supposed to drown out a lot of the noise from adjoining rooms and the like.

I believe this is the one...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0171/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-0738335-9989429?ie=UTF8

Also, small enough to stick in your suitcase.

Andy

We sleep with fans too, and I have a 9 week old that I just moved into his own room. Just now I went to Target to get him his own fan and got the smallest fan ever - you could certainly take it with you. I'm not sure if it will be loud enough for you but it's going to work for us.

It was $5.99 and is called "4" Personal Fan by Hawaiian Breeze". It's made of steel - the casing & the blades.

I only bought one but am going to swing back over there later to get another for DD's room, the fan she has now is pretty loud.

I have to sleep with one too and I pack a mid-sized fan to take with me, and yes, I take it when I fly.

My fan travels as good as I do! It's been to WDW bunches of times, a cruise, and it's going to Colorado this fall with me. :teeth:

I have to have one too - right next to my head - even in the dead of winter. My kids are just like me. They all have fans. We'll be bringing them on the plane. We'll probably have a whole bag filled up with just fans.

We stayed at POP on our honeymoon and I too MUST have a fan to sleep!!! The fan on the air conditioner worked just fine for me!

I can’t wait to show this thread to my wife.
She keeps telling me I am the only “Crazy” person in the world that has to have a fan blowing on them to sleep. It's nice to know there are more of us.

I have one that is small enough to pack in our big suitcase. I have seen some that are the size of a small paperback; I think they were at Wal-Mart.

Same here. I always travel with my fan. I just make room for it in the suitcase, and it's not tiny. But it's important!

I too have to have it blowing on my face, even in the winter.

AND... the best thing about them, is the cheaper they are, the louder they are. For once, cheap is good! :teeth:

My only complaint about Pop is that the a/c unit is too quiet. Usually when we stay at hotels, we just put the a/c or fan unit on and then we don't hear anyone slamming doors or talking. But Pop's units are so quiet! It's probably because they are so new. So, the next time we go (Oct.) we're bringing a white noise machine.

Oh yeah, we need one too! I have taken one with us on our last 2 trips to DW. And yes, we flew also. Our dd is a light sleeper and we just couldn't imagine how she'd sleep in a hotel without one! :scared1:

Get a white noise machine - they are much easier to pack! If you buy one, make sure that it doesn't only run on a timer (so that it only runs for 30, 60, or 90 minutes). My first travel machine was like that and I kept waking up when it turned off. Now I travel with a regular (not travel) machine that's smaller than the one I use at home.

We also had to have fans to sleep. Give yourself a few weeks on the white noise machine to wean yourself from the fan before you go. My son got addicted to ours on vacation and now has his own. His friends now have them because they got addicted to his sleeping at our house.

Fan "fan" here, too. :rolleyes: I have a small one - about 12" x 12" that I always pack with me when I travel. :thumbsup2

I cannot sleep without one. It is the first thing that I put on my packing list. I just bring a small tabletop version and pack it in my checked luggage. Works out great!

:rotfl: Our daughter has the same problem and when we went in July we went over to Walmart and picked one up for 9.00. It was very small but made enough noise for her. :lmao:

gris gris said:
Just now I went to Target to get him his own fan and got the smallest fan ever - you could certainly take it with you.
It was $5.99 and is called "4" Personal Fan by Hawaiian Breeze". It's made of steel - the casing & the blades.

I have this very fan! I plan on taking it with me in 4 weeks. :thumbsup2 It's small enough to pack and makes the perfect amount of noise to fall asleep to. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!