• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR Updated Nov. 10

Ok, that was a small dose:surfweb: Still loving your TR and waiting for more.:thumbsup2 I have followed TR's for 6 months or so :scared1:so I can hold on.:surfweb:

You are right, it was a short chapter! I was having trouble with either my computer or the internet, so, I just decided to try back later.

Chapter 5 - Blasting off in Tomorrowland!

Next, we checked out the Speedway line. It was close to 25 minutes, so we decided to try Buzz Lightyear. We ended up heading into Laugh Floor first since there was no line! The kids loved the pre-show! We all found the show to be very entertaining! It was a great start to our trip.

Following the Laugh Floor, we rode Buzz Lightyear, as the line was pretty much non-existence. We started inside, and the wait was 5 minutes or so. I rode with my DS and my hubby rode with our little girl. Just as we began the ride, it slowed to a stop. We were part way up the ramp in the first room. We were able to spin around and keep playing. By the time, we had made our way to the second room, Rand McNally had already earned the highest score possible. He continued to shot targets as we went through the ride, but, it was a bit of a disappointment, not to see the racking up of points as the ride progressed.

After Buzz Lightyear, we headed back towards Speedway. This time we decided to wait in line since the wait time was now 20 minutes. It wasn’t a bad wait. We would have had a shorter wait had we chosen the right-hand side when the line splits. The left-hand side is a little longer wait since the line goes up and over a bridge and down the other side. This was my DD’s first experience with the Speedway. She was a bit apprehensive and wasn’t sure she wanted to drive. As we waited in line, I explained to her that she would steer the car, but there was an actual rail under the car that made sure you stayed on the road. She was relieved and decided that she did want to drive. This is an example of my DD’s personality. She is a very conscious six year old. She is not one to jump in and do something without thinking it through first. Both my kids are timid in that way.

My DD is a very tall six year old. She stands four feet one inch tall and just turned six in late March. At 49 inches, she could have gone on all but a couple of rides at WDW. Even at 49 inches, she was unable to reach the pedals and steer at the same time. It worked out well for me to push the gas pedal. There was a slightly older girl riding alone in the car on the track beside us. She had difficulty at times reaching the gas petal and had trouble keeping the car going.

Speedway2.jpg

My DS really enjoyed driving the car. Last time, at age eight, due to his timid personality, he rode in a car while his dad drove it.

JacobSpeedway.jpg

Chapter 6 - Toontown and back to CSR

Hi there! I found your TR on a link from the CSR thread and bounced over here to read it - we are headed to CSR in early September. :yay:

I'm really enjoying your report-I cannot believe you waited FOUR YEARS to go back! You have iron willpower! :laughing: Do you have to wait another four to go again, or did your DH happen to get "bit" this time by the magic??? :goodvibes

Hi there! I found your TR on a link from the CSR thread and bounced over here to read it - we are headed to CSR in early September. :yay:

I'm really enjoying your report-I cannot believe you waited FOUR YEARS to go back! You have iron willpower! :laughing: Do you have to wait another four to go again, or did your DH happen to get "bit" this time by the magic??? :goodvibes

Welcome :welcome: brookelizabeth! I love your name! I really wanted to name our DD Brooke Elizabeth but our last name begins with an S and several people warned us about giving our DD the initials BS. So, we chose another name. I still sometimes wish we would have named her Brooke. It is just such a beautiful name that is common enough people can pronounce it easily but it is not extremely popular.

Anyway, yes it really was four long years between our visits. :snail:
I hated it! :sad1: I spent loads of time here on the Dis reading the trip reports of others and just wishing and hoping for some :tinker: pixie dust!

Unfortunately, we live quite a long way away and can only afford to take a big trip every other year or so. My DH is not that into Disney and to my sadness his attitude did not change on this trip. He says we are done with Disney. But due to my :lovestruc of it, I will just have to plan and go back again in a few years - this time just the kids and I. :smooth:I have a neighbor that doesn't have any kids of her own and she loves Disney too. She said she would love to go with the kids and me next time, so that is just what we might do! :cool1:

Chapter 6 – Toontown

We took a spin on the Mad Teacups. We all tried to get into one teacup but since my DH is so tall, that even with his legs scrunched up as far as they could possibly go, we could not close the door all the way. The CM tried to help us close the door, but after seeing the situation, chose to have us split up into two teacups. My DH could then stretch out his legs! So, my DD and I rode in one teacup and my DH and son rode in another. This worked out well since I get motion sickness and my DD is timid. We enjoyed the ride without adding the additional spinning factor. My DH and son got to spin their teacup to their hearts content. Here is a short video clip my DH taped as they rode. I am having trouble loading the video. I will work on it and hopefully have it up later.

After the teacups, we headed to Toontown. My DS wanted to ride Goofy’s Barnstormer.
Barnstormer.jpg

Our DD decided not to ride, so she and I went shopping. Almost immediately, she found Chip and Dale stuffed animals. They were paired together. She carried them around the store with her. I knew as soon as I saw her pick them up that there would be going home with us! We are huge Chip and Dale fans!

After the boys got of the Barnstormer, we toured Minnie’s house. I just love Minnie’s house. I think the Imagineers did a great job with it. I wish Mickey’s house was set up more like Minnie’s house with the interactive elements.

MinniesChair2009.jpg

We did not go into the County Fair to see Mickey since we had plans to have dinner with him later in the week. Instead we decided to take a ride on the train before heading back to CSR.

While waiting for the train, we really noticed the decline of cleanliness at WDW since our last visit in 2005. We saw lots of trash that had not been picked up and my DH noticed how the railings in the line were chipping away in lots of areas. He remembered how one of the Travel Channel shows shared how Disney employees worked overnight after the parks closed to repair and repaint every night so that everything always looked nice. Granted, we were in line at the train around 3:00 in the afternoon, but still there were lots of numerous chips, up and down the line. It is hard to believe that much was chipped away in the six hours that the park was open.

We rode the train all the way around the park and then back to the Main Street train station. As we were getting off the train to head out of the park, we saw Chip and Dale greeting visitors. We immediately got in line to have our photo taken with Chip and Dale. It was just magical to my DD since she had just bought her own Chip and Dale. She had fun showing them the stuffed animals. The stuffed animals were still connected at the hands. Dale noticed this and made sure that that they switched sides so that they were in the right place for the photo. Too cute!

ChipandDale.jpg

Next up – Chapter 7 - CSR

Sounds like some great interaction with Chip & Dale! :goodvibes I wish Mickey's house was more like Minnie's too. When we went through the first time I was thinking it would be and I was a bit disappointed. It's a tad surprising you can really do anything in the Big Man's house...:confused3 I hope to ride Barnstormer in September if DS is tall enough and willing....not sure how he'll do though! :scared:

Welcome :welcome: brookelizabeth! I love your name! I really wanted to name our DD Brooke Elizabeth but our last name begins with an S and several people warned us about giving our DD the initials BS. So, we chose another name. I still sometimes wish we would have named her Brooke. It is just such a beautiful name that is common enough people can pronounce it easily but it is not extremely popular.

Anyway, yes it really was four long years between our visits. :snail:
I hated it! :sad1: I spent loads of time here on the Dis reading the trip reports of others and just wishing and hoping for some :tinker: pixie dust!

Unfortunately, we live quite a long way away and can only afford to take a big trip every other year or so. My DH is not that into Disney and to my sadness his attitude did not change on this trip. He says we are done with Disney. But due to my :lovestruc of it, I will just have to plan and go back again in a few years - this time just the kids and I. :smooth:I have a neighbor that doesn't have any kids of her own and she loves Disney too. She said she would love to go with the kids and me next time, so that is just what we might do! :cool1:

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I really do like my name, I spell it without the "e" at the end and when I was little I HATED that because everyone would spell it with the e. I learned to like it though, it's what makes me a bit different! :goodvibes I like the name for the same reasons you do - it's common enough that people know how to pronounce it, but still not very common.

Your plans for your next trip sound really great! It would be great to go with a friend who loves Disney as much as you!! And hopefully this time you can sneak it in before four years! ;)

Sounds like some great interaction with Chip & Dale! :goodvibes I wish Mickey's house was more like Minnie's too. When we went through the first time I was thinking it would be and I was a bit disappointed. It's a tad surprising you can really do anything in the Big Man's house...:confused3 I hope to ride Barnstormer in September if DS is tall enough and willing....not sure how he'll do though! :scared:

My two children are both timid about a lot of things. My DD was definitely tall enough to ride the Barnstormer but she chose not to. She did, however, ride Soarin and loved it! She also rode the mild side of the Mission Mars (name?) without any qualms. I, however, chickened out! :eek: I went through the line with my family and at the last minute chose not to ride it.

Chapter 7 – Our resort - CSR

We decided to head back to CSR, to relax. We were worn out since we had been up since 3:00 AM Central time. So, we headed to the resort busses. A great big perk for staying at CSR is that CSR is the closest bus stop to the MK entrance. It is the very first bus stop, closer than the deluxe resorts and DVC resorts.
DSC_0203.jpg

We got off at CSR at bus stop #1. While we waited for the bus, I called the front desk to find out our room number. They had called my husband’s cell instead of mine and he didn’t get the room number. We found out we would be staying in 9130. It is located in Cabanas 9A on the ground floor. We found it easily.

I loved the Cabanas! There are gorgeous! I loved all the tropical flowers and plants and palm trees along the walkways. I was also surprised how we hardly ever saw people around our own buidling. Most the time it seemed as if we had it to ourselves!

DSC_0197.jpg

The quiet pool was right there. We never used it. We ended up going to the Dig Site instead. I liked how close the Dig Site and El Centre were to Cabanas 9A.

DSC_0195.jpg

DH told the kids to not mess up the room until he took some pictures. The room was just like the ones posted on the DIS. I really liked the color scheme, it was soothing. The new queen beds and bedding were great looking and very comfortable. There is very little room on either side of the beds, especially since these rooms were originally built to hold two double beds.
CSRbeds.jpg

More CSR photos and review to follow in my next post!

Thanks for the info on CSR. CSR is a strong possibility for our next trip if we go moderate. The queen beds are a big draw for us. Can't wait to see more.popcorn::

Thanks for the update. We are off to Las Vegas for the week:cool1: I will have to catch up when I return. Lovin it:thumbsup2

Ok, all caught up. We were off visiting the world ourselves.

Sorry you didn't like the burgers at Cosmic Rays, but I loved your idea of buying double cheeseburgers and an extra bun. I never thought of that.

We got stopped on Buzz Lightyear and my DS raked up points first thing also. Does take the fun out of it.

I don't do the teacups at all. Can't handle anything spinning.

Waiting for more pics of the resort. Reminds me of POR. Even though it is a huge resort, you don't see that many people unless you are at the food court or pool. I walked several times for breakfast and never saw anyone until I got to the pool area.

Loving your CSR pics! The Cabanas look so beautiful and relaxing.

Good to know about there being very little room on the sides of the bed...do you think there was enough room to squeeze in a pack & play? We've only ever done a King room at Disney at AKL, Pop, and SSR - so this is new territory for me with the smaller beds...

Responding to your comment to me - isn't it funny how kids will ride some things and not others? I read a report on here once where the little girl would ride EE, but not BTMRR! :laughing: I'm with you on Mission:Space though...:sick: I'll wait until Henry realizes what it is and wants to ride, which should be YEARS from now...! :thumbsup2

I am proud of myself. :hippie: I finally figured out how to reply with multiple quotes. :banana: I can't believe that I messed it up in my previous try. It is so easy! For those like me that are often technology challenged, you just click the little paper beside reply with quotes, selecting it and then move on to the next post you want to quote and select it too!

It is nice to know that lots of people are checking in to the report for the CSR photos. :yay: CSR is definitely our top resort pick now! We really had a great time there! I love the atmosphere and really was surprised at how quiet and relaxing it is! Woo Hoo - but I am getting ahead of myself, this info is in my next installment. Right now, I was checking in. I am still updating some photos onto photobucket to share. The next segment should be posted by late afternoon today. I have a few errands to run this morning.

Thanks for the info on CSR. CSR is a strong possibility for our next trip if we go moderate. The queen beds are a big draw for us. Can't wait to see more.popcorn::
You will be happy with CSR for your choice. The difference between sleeping on a double bed or queen bed all week really made a HUGE difference for us! I woke up more refreshed and ready to hit the parks than on our previous trip sleeping in double beds.
Thanks for the update. We are off to Las Vegas for the week:cool1: I will have to catch up when I return. Lovin it:thumbsup2

Have fun in Vegas! Looking forward to visiting with you again upon your return!

Have fun in Vegas. My DH is headed there in two weeks--for business!
KatMark, perhaps your DH could convince his boss that he needs a personal assistant to help him keep records, etc on his trip. Then you could go along yourself! You might want to check our airfare rates for yourself. My sister has gone with her husband a few times when he had to go on business (different places). While he was in meetings, she either lounged by the pool, went shopping or went on sight-seeing trips. He would join her when he was finished with the meetings. It gave them a chance to have mini-vacations for just the cost of her airfare, food, and other additional costs (shopping, sight-seeing expenses).

Ok, all caught up. We were off visiting the world ourselves.

Welcome Back to reality! So, when will your TR begin?I will have to check it out!

Sorry you didn't like the burgers at Cosmic Rays, but I loved your idea of buying double cheeseburgers and an extra bun. I never thought of that.

I got the idea myself from here on the DIS.

We got stopped on Buzz Lightyear and my DS raked up points first thing also. Does take the fun out of it. Yes, exactly

I don't do the teacups at all. Can't handle anything spinning. That is me! I chickened out on the mild side of Mission Mars ride too, even though the rest of my family went including my DD who is 6.

Waiting for more pics of the resort. Reminds me of POR. Even though it is a huge resort, you don't see that many people unless you are at the food court or pool. I walked several times for breakfast and never saw anyone until I got to the pool area.
Exactly why I chose to go with a moderate instead of a value resort

Loving your CSR pics! The Cabanas look so beautiful and relaxing.They definitely are! The whole resort is very relaxing, no matter which section you are in.

Good to know about there being very little room on the sides of the bed...do you think there was enough room to squeeze in a pack & play? We've only ever done a King room at Disney at AKL, Pop, and SSR - so this is new territory for me with the smaller beds...
The pack and play would work great next to the vanity area or next to the dresser with the tv on it. We had room in both areas for our luggage so, the pack and play would fit nicely. Someone on the CSR thread might even have personal experience to share and possibly a photo.

Responding to your comment to me - isn't it funny how kids will ride some things and not others? I read a report on here once where the little girl would ride EE, but not BTMRR! :laughing: I'm with you on Mission:Space though...:sick: I'll wait until Henry realizes what it is and wants to ride, which should be YEARS from now...! :thumbsup2
Yes, if you are lucky it will take years before your boy discovers the nausea inducing rides!

Well, I better get back to uploading some photos and to my errands if I am ever going to post the new installment with of CSR!

KatMark, perhaps your DH could convince his boss that he needs a personal assistant to help him keep records, etc on his trip. Then you could go along yourself! You might want to check our airfare rates for yourself. My sister has gone with her husband a few times when he had to go on business (different places). While he was in meetings, she either lounged by the pool, went shopping or went on sight-seeing trips. He would join her when he was finished with the meetings. It gave them a chance to have mini-vacations for just the cost of her airfare, food, and other additional costs (shopping, sight-seeing expenses).

Actually, I used to go with him all the time. He goes twice a year -- February and August. I always used to go in August. His company then stopped paying for spouses trips and I went once or twice after that when we were able to get a free airline ticket (hotel was already paid for). I thought of going this year after we had to cancel Disney, but oldest DS will be gone the same week and then no one would be home for our sweet dog, Cookie. We can't put her in a kennel because it would kill her...she has never been and being 12 years old now I don't think she could handle it. She gets depressed when DH is not here and depressed when we are both gone. If she didn't have my son either, I think it would do her in (and she still misses my dad...she refuses to sit anywhere but DH's lap or in the spot on the couch where my dad used to sit with her).

Actually, I used to go with him all the time. He goes twice a year -- February and August. I always used to go in August. His company then stopped paying for spouses trips and I went once or twice after that when we were able to get a free airline ticket (hotel was already paid for). I thought of going this year after we had to cancel Disney, but oldest DS will be gone the same week and then no one would be home for our sweet dog, Cookie. We can't put her in a kennel because it would kill her...she has never been and being 12 years old now I don't think she could handle it. She gets depressed when DH is not here and depressed when we are both gone. If she didn't have my son either, I think it would do her in (and she still misses my dad...she refuses to sit anywhere but DH's lap or in the spot on the couch where my dad used to sit with her).

I can understand your reasons for staying home. That is sweet how Cookie likes to sit in a special place on the couch. What a great reminder of how your father is still a big part of your family's everyday life.

Chapter 8 - More CSR

DH fell asleep, so the kids and I headed out to the pool on our own. We were excited to check out the Dig Site. It was a quick walk from our room to the pool (3 minutes). :thumbsup2 The pool was really neat looking. The kids thought that the pyramid was cool. :cool2: CSR has lifejackets at the pool that you can use for free. :yay:We chose one for DD and set our stuff down on a chair. Then we jumped in the pool. If I remember correctly, the pool’s depth ranges from three feet to about 4 and one half feet. There are steps that descend into the pool. I enjoyed sitting on one of the lower steps as the kids swam near me. The temperature was just right. It was a perfect way to cool off after our time in the park. I really found the sound of the waterfall (part of the pyramid) to be relaxing. :music:

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

After our swim, we got out of the pool and went over to Siesta's. Siesta’s is the pool’s bar and grill. Francisco was there just like the photo I saw on the CSR thread! We ordered our food from Siesta's. There are lots of tables that you can sit at while you eat. We ordered a cheeseburger meal andan order of nachos. The food was good. :cheer2:My DS liked the cheeseburgers that he got at Siesta’s (we ate there more than once) the best of the whole trip. I ordered a second cheeseburger meal to take back to the room for my DH. The cheeseburger meal came with fries and a dill pickle. Since our dining plan did not start until our second day, we paid out of pocket. I also bought two refillable mugs as well. We got the mugs that are specific to CSR. It says Pepper Market and has the three caballeros, Donald Duck, Jose, and Panchito on it.
DSC_0210.jpg

These mugs are wider and a bit taller than the new design that is generic (the same design at all the resorts). The old CSR mug holds a bit more liquid than the new design. Later in the week, we got one of the new refillable mugs so I have both designs to compare.
We turned in early since we had had an extremely long day.

Great Update. Thanks for all of the great CSR pics. Lovely.:cloud9:

Most of the photos were taken from my DH. He is a photo enthusiast.
Here is a photo of the CSR playground. I was really surprised to discover that the playground, the arcade, Siesta's and the main pool are all together. This is really nice since the kids can play on the playground while the adults sit at a table watching them.

DSC_0217.jpg

That TOTALLY looks like me and my husband in the shot of the pyramid where you can see the water slide on the side! Only I can't figure out where my younger son would be and I think the color of my bathing suit is different. But that COULD be my husband! We were probably at the pool that day too! Cool!

Joanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter