• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR Updated Nov. 10

The pack and play would work great next to the vanity area or next to the dresser with the tv on it. We had room in both areas for our luggage so, the pack and play would fit nicely. Someone on the CSR thread might even have personal experience to share and possibly a photo.

Thank you for this info, and also a great idea! I will ask that on the CSR thread. :thumbsup2

It would be wonderful to just have a King room, but they cost extra at CSR, and this is a serious "budget trip"!

Ahhh, that pool is BEAUTIFUL! I love that you can use your DDP at Siesta's too....we will be on the QSDP. I'm with ya on the playground, pool and Siesta's all being right there in one place. My DS is still a tot, so we'll be right next to him, but maybe DH can watch him for a bit while I get some shut-eye pool side. ;)

I didn't realize CSR got new mugs too - is it the same logo, but just a different shape/design? Are the "Celebration" mugs available at all at CSR?

Thank you for this info, and also a great idea! I will ask that on the CSR thread. :thumbsup2

It would be wonderful to just have a King room, but they cost extra at CSR, and this is a serious "budget trip"!

Ahhh, that pool is BEAUTIFUL! I love that you can use your DDP at Siesta's too....we will be on the QSDP. I'm with ya on the playground, pool and Siesta's all being right there in one place. My DS is still a tot, so we'll be right next to him, but maybe DH can watch him for a bit while I get some shut-eye pool side. ;)

I didn't realize CSR got new mugs too - is it the same logo, but just a different shape/design? Are the "Celebration" mugs available at all at CSR?

Brooke:

The CSR recently switched to the same mug as all of the other resorts--the Celebration mugs.

A king room has a maximum capacity of 2--doesn't even matter if an infant is my understanding (don't ask me--I don't understand it).

Brooke:

The CSR recently switched to the same mug as all of the other resorts--the Celebration mugs.

A king room has a maximum capacity of 2--doesn't even matter if an infant is my understanding (don't ask me--I don't understand it).

Thanks for the info KatMark!!

That is strange about the King room....:confused3

Thanks for the info KatMark!!

That is strange about the King room....:confused3

I thought it odd myself. But I actually read it about someone trying to get a King room at the Caribbean with a three year old and they would not allow it. If you look at allears, it lists "Maximum of 2" for all king rooms at all resorts. :confused3

I thought it odd myself. But I actually read it about someone trying to get a King room at the Caribbean with a three year old and they would not allow it. If you look at allears, it lists "Maximum of 2" for all king rooms at all resorts. :confused3

Oops, guess we've broken that rule a few times! :lmao:

Ok, I'm back from Vegas:) Where are you, isn't there more:confused: Great photos, thanks for the multi post tip.:thumbsup2 I'm readypopcorn::

Ok, I'm back from Vegas:) Where are you, isn't there more:confused: Great photos, thanks for the multi post tip.:thumbsup2 I'm readypopcorn::

I am glad you are back! Hopefully your trip was an enjoyable one!

I have been very neglient! We adopted a dog from the local humane society last week - exactly one week from today! So, I have been busy trying to help Max's adjustment to our home, that and I am also frantically trying to do some preparations for the beginning of the new school year. I teach eighth grade and both my school and my kid's school begins on August 17.

However, I am also frantically working on completing this TR. I am in the process of finishing up a couple of chapters and will post at least one tomorrow!

That TOTALLY looks like me and my husband in the shot of the pyramid where you can see the water slide on the side! Only I can't figure out where my younger son would be and I think the color of my bathing suit is different. But that COULD be my husband! We were probably at the pool that day too! Cool!

Joanne

Joanne, check out these pool photos. I would be neat if you did see yourself in one of my photos. I do not know when during our stay it was taken.

P1000848.jpg

P1000846.jpg

I am glad you are back! Hopefully your trip was an enjoyable one!

I have been very neglient! We adopted a dog from the local humane society last week - exactly one week from today! So, I have been busy trying to help Max's adjustment to our home, that and I am also frantically trying to do some preparations for the beginning of the new school year. I teach eighth grade and both my school and my kid's school begins on August 17.

However, I am also frantically working on completing this TR. I am in the process of finishing up a couple of chapters and will post at least one tomorrow!

Congrats on the new puppy. In case you haven't seen, Mark and I were able to squeeze in a 3 night/4 day stay at the CSR in September on our way to Marco Island. :woohoo:

Congrats on the new puppy. In case you haven't seen, Mark and I were able to squeeze in a 3 night/4 day stay at the CSR in September on our way to Marco Island. :woohoo:

Wow! I am so happy to hear about your upcoming trip! That is great news. Now, I don't have to feel guilty that I got to go to CSR this year and you weren't.

Our dog is one year old. So, he is past the chewing stage but still loves to play. We are working out some housetraining issues. We know it will take some time since he was in a shelter.

Chapter 9 – MK Day 2

I woke up early on June 27th eager to head out to the Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately, I had to go to the lobby and recheck in since our first night was just a room only and our package started today. I had hoped to get our paper tickets put onto our Key to the World cards. While I was at CSR, I bought a box of donuts in the lobby’s gift shop for a quick breakfast for the kids. There were a few people in the shop and a few checking out. I proceeded to the check out counter and placed my donuts on the counter and stood there in front of the CM but just a little to the side, so I was not crowding the people checking out. The people checking out were not speaking English and were having some difficulty with their purchase. As all this was going on, three other people were milling around the shop towards the front. They were checking out the merchandise and going back and forth between the different displays. Once the people checking out were finished, one of the other people in the store threw his stuff on the counter, shoved it towards the CM and pronounced that he was next. :sad2:
The CM started to pick up his purchases. I announced that I was actually next. The CM wasn’t sure since she had been busy dealing with the other customers. The guy became very vocal and continued that he was there before me. I tried to explain that he was not, I had been up front at the counter the whole time while the three of them shopped. Anyway, he and the other too went on and on about being first. :mad:So, the CM checked them out first. When they left, the CM apologized to me about the situation. I told her, I wasn’t going to let it ruin my trip. It was an extremely frustrating way to begin the day.

Finally, I returned to the room to find the rest of my family up but not ready to go. So, I bustled them along and gave the kids the donuts and milk we had bought the previous night. Then we headed out to the bus stop. There was a short wait before the MK bus arrived.

By the time we got to MK it was about 9:30. MK opened at 9:00 so it wasn’t too bad. :) We decided to split up with my DH and son heading towards Thunder Mountain Railroad and my DD and myself heading towards Fantasyland. We arranged to meet each other for lunch at Pinocchio’s Village Haus. From my exhaustive Disboard reading, I knew it was a great choice for counter service in MK. :thumbsup2

PICT0040-Copy.jpg

My DD (Little Sweetie) wanted to ride Winnie the Pooh first, so that is what we did. We pretty much walked right on, it was about a five minute wait perhaps as people were loaded ahead of us. She really enjoyed the ride. I did too. I wonder though why the Imagineers choose to make the longest scene the one with the Woozles? In my opinion, most preschool kids would have enjoyed a longer scene with the main characters. The set up with the honey pots zooming from one place to the next would have been ideal for the scene taking place in Owl’s house. It would have been like we were shooting across the room and back just like Pooh and Piglet do in the book and movie. Of course, I never liked the scene with the Woozles as a kid myself and do not care for it as an adult. Little kids just like to ride things that are about their favorite characters, they don’t have to be scared.

Don’t get me wrong, I think that the Imagineers do a fabulous, amazing job of creating the rides and attractions at WDW. There are just a couple that could use a bit of modification. Another ride that could learn from the concept that little kids do not have to be scared to have fun is Snow White’s Adventure. Lots of little kids get extremely scared on this ride due to the dark, etc. and the bigger kids avoid it since it is not scary enough for them. The ride could be a really fun ride if they had scenes with Snow White and the animals cleaning the dwarf’s house, interacting with the dwarfs, the dwarfs at the diamond mine, you would feel like you were zooming down the mine shaft in a coal car. Adding those changes while keeping some of the bits with the evil queen would make the ride more appealing to many people.
Anyhoo, back to our touring, DD and I jumped back on Winnie the Pooh for a second ride since she enjoyed it so much and the wait was basically none existent. I knew the wait would be unbearable later in the day.

DD and I went on Peter Pan next. Again, the wait was minimal (10 minutes)! Peter Pan, along with It’s a Small World, are my all-time favorite rides at WDW. I loved them as a child and still love them today. On our last trip back in 2005, Peter Pan was closed for maintenance. Over the years, the kids learned that loved Peter Pan and was looking forward to it this trip. So, I was extremely excited to share the ride experience with my DD. I love how you immediately head out the window and up in the night sky. It is so easy to let your imagination take over. Little Sweetie, enjoyed this ride immensely! It was so much fun to watch her face and point out little things in the scenes below.

We stepped off one boat and proceeded directly to another, It’s a Small World, no wait at all, we walked straight down the ramp and onto a boat with no wait. My DD was mesmerized! She loved watching all the little dolls and animals sing.

We checked in with the guys and they were about to load a ride and then planned to head our way to grab an early lunch. So, Little Sweetie and I went back on one Peter Pan again while we waited. The line was longer this time. The family in front of me had a boy about 8 or 9 that was fussing and hungry. I overheard the parents discussing what food options might be close, especially for their picky eater. They didn’t have any ideas what was around. So, me, the DisNavigator had to step in and share my knowledge with them. I told them about Columbia Harbor House and Pinocchio’s Village Haus.

Once the ride was over, Little Sweetie and I stood outside Pinocchio’s watching for the guys. They arrived and we went inside. I spied an open table overlooking the It’s a Small World ride, so the kids sat there while my DH and I ordered the food. Again, the knowledge I gained from the Dis and AllEarsnet.com came to the rescue. Pinocchio’s a fantastic choice for my family. My DD ate macaroni and cheese, my DS got the pizza, and my hubby and I had salads. I picked the Caesar salad with chicken and it was great!
PinocchioVillageHaus.jpg

On our way out, I saw the family that I had spoken to in the Peter Pan line. I asked how it worked out for them. They said that it was a good choice, their son liked the pizza.

The boys had fun riding Thunder Mountain Railroad at least twice. I think they did some other stuff but I am not sure what.
PICT0027-Copy.jpg

PICT0023-Copy.jpg

PICT0024-Copy.jpg

Next up: Chapter 10 – Family time at MK

Great update and fantastic you were able to help another family find food.:thumbsup2

Sorry about the rude guest. When I run into that I just tell myself, I'm at Disney and nothing is getting me down.

Sitting here reading your report I realize we have never headed to Fantasyland first and that is probably what we should do since most trips I don't get to ride Peter Pan or Snow White.

Great update and fantastic you were able to help another family find food.:thumbsup2

Sorry about the rude guest. When I run into that I just tell myself, I'm at Disney and nothing is getting me down.

Sitting here reading your report I realize we have never headed to Fantasyland first and that is probably what we should do since most trips I don't get to ride Peter Pan or Snow White.

Definitely hit Fantasyland first at least once! The lines, wait times and crowds are basically none existent before 10:30 or so. And remember, I was there the week before the fourth of July! We had a great time!

Great Update.

We too did a day where we went to Fantasyland first. It is a good idea. We walked right on everything and then headed elsewhere.

I've never eaten at Pinocchio Haus. I'll have to remember that for next time. Why did I think it was German food?:confused3

Can't wait to hear more.

Yay! I'm glad you liked Pinnochio's. We love it there!

We wee at DHS this day, so darn it, I won't be in the background of any of your pics. :laughing:

Great Update.

We too did a day where we went to Fantasyland first. It is a good idea. We walked right on everything and then headed elsewhere.

I've never eaten at Pinocchio Haus. I'll have to remember that for next time. Why did I think it was German food?:confused3

Can't wait to hear more.

Planning fanatic mom, isn't the word, haus German? And weren't Pinocchio and Gepheto (spelling?) German? So, it would make sense that the restaurant would have German food. :confused3 I don't remember anything German on the menu. Maybe Disney should add a brat to the menu. That would make more sense than pizza. German potato salad would be another good addition.

Great update and suggestions.:thumbsup2
Thanks Echo queen! I will try to remember to add more suggestions/tips in my upcoming chapters.

Yay! I'm glad you liked Pinnochio's. We love it there!

We wee at DHS this day, so darn it, I won't be in the background of any of your pics. :laughing:

tinkgirl, we still have a couple more days of overlapping vacations so you still might see yourself!

I am happy ya'll stuck around after my long lapse from posting a new chapter. Hopefully, I am still working on the next chapter. I will post it tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, I have to spend most of today cleaning the house, doing laundry and taking the dog to the vet!

Hello!

I followed your trip report over from...hmmm...I forget now...:confused3

anyhow I'm enjoying reading your report-I've been reading a lot of nice things about the CSR recently-I'm interested in possibly staying there...love the pool photos....

I love your nickname for your son Rand McNally....:lmao:My DS who just turned 7 has Asperger's also and could identify the states by sight when he was 4-he knows all about them and other countries as well...it's a helpful skill-we haven't been able to use him as our personal navigator yet-maybe in a couple of years...

I'm so with you on the Snow White Ride-It is such a beautiful film and that ride is just -uhhh......:eek:

sorry about the rude people in the morning...that stuff bugs me extra at Disney...:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter