• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love violets.....

sudiequ

<font color=green>Multi-talented mom</font><br><fo
but not in my lawn :( .

What methods have you found successful to rid these from your grass area (hand pulling does not work in the long run). I've already surrendered a portion of my lawn to them to make a new garden area :D . Thanks for all your help!!

Thats so funny I just posted one of the prettiest sights are violets growing in the lawn. I am not a lawn person. Could care less about my lawn. It's green, maybe not as green as the neighbors. Then again don't they always say the grass is always greener..........

Without using chemicals I do not think there is a way. Chemicals are nasty things, they get into our water supplies, cause all kinds of problems with our streams and lakes. Plus they are known carcinogens, some known to cause birth defects.

Give me a few weeds, some violets, buttercups amd even a few dandylions and a healthy yard where I know my grandchildren can play safely. I choose not to use chemicals.

Start a new garden in this area. Just think of all the new kind of flowers you could grow in this area, and less lawn to cut. If I had my way my whole yard would be one big flower garden. :)

I'm with you Mamu, i don't like using chemicals either.....that's probably why they are taking over! I just thought i might be able to control them a little bit :rolleyes: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter