I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banks regularly use fax vs email. It is thought to be more secure (and truly is). Although a secure encrypted email would also work.
Hospitals too. Your PHI (protected health info) is likely faxed anytime you have a referral, or hospital visit. Our office receives dozens of faxes from doctors’ office weekly and we fax back post visit reports.

Thanks for the info. The only service like that I have used is PayPal and that is quite infrequent. I just checked, no activity in the past 2 years. I removed everything from my wallet except for my checking account because I have some money in Ibotta I want to transfer over.
PayPal wasn’t mentioned. I think Venmo and the like but Zelle was specifically mentioned as the worst and most risked because of how fast the data is transferred.

I'm still trying to catch up but am a bit frustrated and it's :offtopic: but we've discussed before. So I had sent my resume in for that job like lots of you suggested. Well it finally got posted after a reorg of the dept and not for the better imo. Anyway I was able to find out it hadn't been filled and a job had been posted yesterday so I asked if she'd gotten my resume. I got the following reponse -

I did some digging on this one. Your email was received, but we didn’t have a job posted at that time so everyone was a little confused. Since then my department has taken on X responsibilities. I created a job description and posted it to our website (Y Role), the role is very different from what it was previously. Take a look and see if you are interested in it still and feel like it is the right match for you. If you do, please submit a cover letter and resume. -

I will still submit one but it won't be much different from what I've sent because I feel my letter already addresses a lot that is in the posting. I feel like the reaponse is a bit of a brush off and like she really wanted to say thanks but no thanks. Because I don't understand what's confusing in the letter when I said I understand you are reorganizing the dept and I'd like to be considered for a position in it.

I wanted some outside opinions since it's an org I've been involved with in one way or another for over 20 years as a member and volunteer at various levels. Thanks!

I would go for it if you feel the new job description is something you would like. If the office was in a reorganizing phase it was probably a very stressful time for her and it probably didn't even register when she read your first email. She said she had to do some digging so if you didn't matter to her would she have spent the time "doing some digging"?

I had some in November. You might get a freebie if it's your birthday. It's some very expensive ice cream and I didn't really like the flavor I chose.
How do I not know about this place? We have stayed at Swolphin our last 3 visits and walk to Epcot most of the time.
Does it need to be ON your birthday? DSs birthday is mid March, we will be there end of March.

How do I not know about this place? We have stayed at Swolphin our last 3 visits and walk to Epcot most of the time.
Does it need to be ON your birthday? DSs birthday is mid March, we will be there end of March.

They don't advertise free ice cream on your birthday, but if they 'find out' they might surprise you!

How long does it take to receive your credit once you do your purchase for an AA gift card on the Citi Biz?
I believe it posts when your statement closes. I bought mine last night and my stmt closes in 2 days so I’m worried I might be waiting another month LOL. I didn’t intend to cut it that close.

Today I have contacted my bank, filed a police report and checked various other minor accounts. Now all I need to do is contact the FTC and Social Security once I can figure out how, or else wait out the stand-off.

It has been a very stressful 24 hours and I want to thank everyone for your kind words, support and suggestions. I :lovestruc this group.

I believe it posts when your statement closes. I bought mine last night and my stmt closes in 2 days so I’m worried I might be waiting another month LOL. I didn’t intend to cut it that close.

Ha, I bought mine the 6th and mine also closes the 11th! I guess we'll both find out lol.

I really have no more use for this card now, but I purchased tickets through a special Mastercard deal to a concert three months from now, so I'm afraid to cancel it. I don't know that it's directly tied to my tickets, but I'd hate to find out the wrong way...

Has anyone opened a PNC account in branch? Wondering if you can fund with a credit card in branch or if this is only done on-line?

Put your resume in and your cover letter and go for it. They can either say yes or no. Change the letter a little bit to address the job posting in its 'new' form.

They may have an individual in mind already and are going through the process, but maybe you will blow them away. I've seen that happen. Sometimes they can't ignore your credentials if you are indeed the best candidate.

I wasn't always the 'favorite' for any job or promotion I opted for. But I was always the best candidate according to me! I got every promotion I went after, save one in the early days, where I was a bit cockey and clueless and that's when I learned how to interview by fixing the mistakes I was making. And, not everybody is as smart as you are. Sometimes you just have to learn how to play the game.

All good points and I plan on sending it in just needed to know if I was reading too much into it or not.

I would go for it if you feel the new job description is something you would like. If the office was in a reorganizing phase it was probably a very stressful time for her and it probably didn't even register when she read your first email. She said she had to do some digging so if you didn't matter to her would she have spent the time "doing some digging"?

Also good points though she did have the date I sent it and my email so I don't think you'd have to dig too much.

I also worry some because everyone that I know knew what I've done as a volunteer isn't there amy more. And some of the job is stuff I do on a smaller scale within my quadrant. But I can only do what I can do in the letter and if that's not enough then it's not enough.

Apparently Le Meridian Tahiti cancelled all award bookings after the hotel was sold and Marriott didn't tell anyone or automatically refund their points. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/psa-...-cancelled-points-not-refunded-automatically/

This is a downside to booking any hotel, award or cash. If the hotel gets sold all you could be left with is a refund, which sometimes you even have to fight for.

I’ve noticed a few hotels have left or announced plans to leave Marriott since the merger.

Has anyone opened a PNC account in branch? Wondering if you can fund with a credit card in branch or if this is only done on-line?
Another question, does the name on your credit card and the bank account need to match (ie can I fund a bank account for DH with my CC)?

You can't add to the 35K night to get a 'bigger' night. The 35K night is just good 'up to' a 35K night.

You can take your 61K points and earn an additional 39K points to get two 50K nights. Or you can try to get another SPG card to get additional points.

I recall some chatter on FT last year from some Starriott insider that suggested they were working on letting guests apply a FN cert up to whatever points the cert is good for and redeem points for the balance of a higher award. I haven’t seen any more rumor or development on this. God knows their IT is still working out kinks from the merger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter