I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think fax is safer. Case in point - the IRS will fax you your tax records but will not e-mail them.
Thanks. I was thinking of going this way.

Anyone know how Chase comes up with their date (3 mos/90 days) that you have to meet msr? Sometimes it seems it's been past 90 days or so.
As others have said, SM to get the exact day but it usually is around 115.

At this point I assume all faxes are really emails unless it's an old institution. A good many large companies use fax to email services as it's more cost effective than keeping machines around. (At my husband's company there isn't a fax machine in the building.) You could ask Ally what they use if you think it'll make a difference. I'd only be concerned with email on my side, as in which email provider I send the email from as the attachment will reside in their server for a time. On that aspect fax might have a leg up, but on the receiving end I assume it's being reviewed electronically some how.
Ally told me to do one or the other so they didn't have a choice.

My dad has always told me to never use hotel wifi etc for anything important...just to stream a show or something. So I think you could be onto something here.
I get itchy on vacation wanting to check my CCs and then remember - Yeah not logging from the hotel room to do that!

That is interesting. We didn't have to do that for either of our accounts.
I have an extended fraud alert on me. Stolen identity a few years ago. Luckily just one CC opened at a Belk and 1500 charged. Stupidly they had the bill sent to my house so I quickly caught it. This was well before I was regularly checking my credit for new accounts and stuff.
Anyway with the extended fraud alert, they have to call to verify it was me that opened the account. I opened the account as joint as I don't want something just in my name. I am not sure if that is why I need DH's info or not (my extended fraud alert).

No, can't combine points with free night to make a bigger free night if that's what you mean. Sorry! I do like your idea though.

I have a little over 61,000 spg points so I can't add the 35,000 to those? I was hoping to earn another 4000 points through spending, I already have a 2600 balance on the card so I don't have to spend too much more to get to a total of 100,000 points - good for 2 nights, or maybe not?

I’m more of a plain or classic person when it comes to ice cream. I like cookies and cream, cookie dough, and mint chocolate chip

And I don't care for any of those flavors but that's what my youngest daughter would order!

redditors are mostly young adults with no kids... id say a vast majority of disney peeps lurks. haha.
Funny. I remember a while back when they did a survey to find out their target audience. I did not fit the profile at all. When I first started following I remember my teen son looking at my screen and asking me "Why are YOU on reddit?" I guess I'm too old or not cool enough to be on there.

I thought the same way as @gottalovepluto on this. I know I haven't redeemed a single UR since Disney hotel removal from the portal. However, I suppose I'm in the minority with that.
I’ve redeemed at the same pace as I did before. I used UR for fl (not wdw) last April, for DLR in June and TX in nov. I’ve also cashed out quite a few to cover discounted Disney gcs. But maybe it is slowing others down and that was the goal for chase.

I'm 4/24 with 8 cards (7 Chase) since January 2017 including this approval:
01/17 - (1) CSR dropping soon
02/17 - (2) Disney No Fee
07/17 - CIP
10/17 - (3) Marriott Pers
12/17 - SPG Biz
05/18 - CIC
10/18 - (4) SW Plus
01/19 - SW Biz
Oh wow! Your are more brave than I am! COngrats!

You can't add to the 35K night to get a 'bigger' night. The 35K night is just good 'up to' a 35K night.

You can take your 61K points and earn an additional 39K points to get two 50K nights. Or you can try to get another SPG card to get additional points.

I haven’t redeemed a single UR ever...as crazy as that sounds lol!

I transferred all of them to SW a few years back and I’ve hoarded my whole new stash.

I started this journey with WDW specifically in mind, as I'm sure lots here have. Started out with several UR cards and I've only ever used URs for WDW hotel stays. The logical side of me says it's time for me to cash out some URs to pay cash against the stays I've booked without URs. However, the wishful thinking side of me continues to win out and I just can't bring myself to do it.

Since I started DH out with getting the CP back in 2017, thus far we haven't had to use anything other than RR points from signup bonuses for our SW flights and cash for just 2. Our December Christmas trip flights were very reasonably priced and our upcoming April Easter trip flights are $412 total round-trip me and DS (waiting to add DH once I've earned my CP). Hoping I'll be able to continue this trend and won't have to dip into my UR stash for our flights.

For my Marriott Platinum peeps waiting to pick your Annual Choice Benefit, they have put a note up on the site now:

Maintenance
Thank you for your patience while we work to have the Annual Choice Benefit site back up and running. Please revisit this site the week of January 14.

The January 14, 2019, deadline for choosing your Annual Choice Benefit has been extended to February 7, 2019.

That was nice of them to finally give some information so I can stop obsessively checking :)

Funny. I remember a while back when they did a survey to find out their target audience. I did not fit the profile at all. When I first started following I remember my teen son looking at my screen and asking me "Why are YOU on reddit?" I guess I'm too old or not cool enough to be on there.
There is also some scary and terrible stuff on reddit too. I only use it for churning and FIRE. It’s fairly unsupervised so there are some very dark and filthy subs out there.

Sometimes when I check a users comment history from r/churning I’m skeeved out by the other subs they frequent.

Oh wow! Your are more brave than I am! COngrats!

Haha, I really see myself as somewhat of a churner-lite compared to lots of the folks in this thread. Since I only got 2 cards in all of 2018, I figured I'd be pretty safe to go for SW biz. I did lower my CLs across personal and biz cards about 2 days before I applied. Once I meet MSR I need to start figuring out what card I want next. With CSR dropping I'll be back to 3/24 so I've got some options. Need to figure out our travel goals over the next few years to find the best option to get us there.

ok
You can't add to the 35K night to get a 'bigger' night. The 35K night is just good 'up to' a 35K night.

You can take your 61K points and earn an additional 39K points to get two 50K nights. Or you can try to get another SPG card to get additional points.
Bummer. I talked to a marriot/spg customer service person in between postings and she said they would be added on so I was confused, but now I am just sad.

edit to add: and thanks for the reply!

Ally told me to do one or the other so they didn't have a choice.

I was more thinking of asking the rep if I faxed it how does that work? Does it come into a central fax machine where 30 people look at it and maybe 3 days from now someone finally sends it to the correct department? (nope, I haven't ever worked in a dysfunctional office, nuh uh :p) Or if you fax it do they get it on their computer either in email or some kind of fax software queue directly to the department that wants it? Is one way any faster than the other? If that info helps in your decision.

If I sign up with another card like the regular Amex SPG card (I have the business version right now) and get more reward points, can they be added to my previous points balance?

The Disney resorts are still bookable through Hotwire but they have disappeared from the ‘mystery deals’ for my dates. I think I waited too long.
None there for my dates either. When they were there they weren’t even deals. I’m not having my luck this trip. At least I secured an AP rate that I can live with.

ok

Bummer. I talked to a marriot/spg customer service person in between postings and she said they would be added on so I was confused, but now I am just sad.

edit to add: and thanks for the reply!

If you look at your account it should show points as one entity and your free night as a separate entity. The free night will also show an award date good for 1 year from when you earned it.

If you can get an SPG/Marriott CSR to add them together, please let us know!

I was more thinking of asking the rep if I faxed it how does that work? Does it come into a central fax machine where 30 people look at it and maybe 3 days from now someone finally sends it to the correct department? (nope, I haven't ever worked in a dysfunctional office, nuh uh :p)
Now you are making me think I should email! I think if I asked and that was their answer on faxing, I might not give them access to my savings account money. I would hope they are better at process but I guess you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter