I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am!

What marketplace are you referring to? Is it a reddit thing? TIA!
r/churningmarketplace

There is a whole thread dedicated to AA Business mailers. It sounds like you can secure one for about $10-$20 from people I've chatted with on Reddit. I have some qualms about making transactions like that online for some reason though...so I haven't personally done it, but I know people who have.

Think of "erasure" as a statement credit. For Capital One, ALL purchases are 2 x points. To use the travel eraser (statement credit), the charge must code as travel. BOA, is 2x points on travel and dining, 1.5 on everything else. The statement credits can be used on any charge, so you would definitely be able to use it for your rail pass. You would also get another $100 towards incidental travel fees (baggage, early bird check ins, upgrade fees etc.). Both give a credit for TSA precheck.
I actually think the BOA card would be better for your situation.
Thank you! That’s very helpful!

I just maxed out my CF for this quarter buying Disney gcs at Walgreens to pay our DVC dues. Definitely the fastest I've ever maxed out a quarterly category, lol.

As a reminder - I did share this post on DISchurners about churning AA Cards: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurner...oo_choooall_aboard_the_graavy_train_i_cringe/

Thanks. I have a mild interest in AA cards/miles so would like to be in the loop. I do have the personal Citi AA Mastercard (which I'm keeping so far because of the free bag benefit that has saved us $300 in bag fees this year), but no AA biz cards yet. I've only flown AA a handful of times in the past (but twice recently), but it's in the mx as a viable option to/from Boise. I'm not sure I'm ready yet to divert spend away from accumulating URs and MRs toward AA, but I am toying with it. So far, almost all of our international flights have been booked with United miles (including URs transferred to United) or directly on the UR portal.

To the PP who was asking about VIP tours at Disneyland (hoping you'll see this message; forgot to add yours to the quote function and now I can't remember where it was): you do need a separate entrance ticket to DL. At least when I did our VIP tour there several years ago, it did not include park entry. I also can't remember exactly how much the VIP tour was, but it was significant (I want to say something like $250 per person). The cool thing about when we did it is we combined with CaliforniaGirl's family (so split the cost between the two families), and managed to arrange it so our tour guide was one of the ABD guides we had on our Scotland ABD who we absolutely adore. So it was super fun.

Posting to provide feedback about our first Hilton stay as Diamond members, thanks to the Aspire card. We spent three nights at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago for our Hamilton trip right before New Year's. So far, I am pleased with the Diamond perks. We had two rooms that I booked on a combination of Hilton points and cash. For the cash portion, I was able to use a Hilton Amex cashback offer for part of the balance, a Hilton gift card that I had bought with another Amex cash-back offer for another part of the balance, and I put the remainder on my Aspire card for the high Hilton points multiple. I checked in online and both rooms were upgraded at checkin to larger rooms. The Palmer House is a Chicago classic and definitely an older style hotel, but we loved the location and atmosphere/ambience and would definitely stay there again. Our rooms were doubles and were quite large, but it being an older hotel, the bathrooms were pretty small. Really the only negative about the rooms. As Diamond members, we were given access to the Executive Lounge which we used for a quick breakfast on two of our mornings. I would say the food was just mediocre, but there were lots of hot and cold options to choose from, and it worked for a quick, free breakfast. I also went up to the lounge to get our free waters the second night. (We got the first set of waters at check-in, and I got the last set back at the check-in desk when I was doing some credit card finagling for checkout.) This hotel did not qualify for the Hilton resort credit that comes with the Aspire.

JB is valubale to keep? why? I like the flights we got for free, but so far nothing but hassle to get those 10% points back.....
If you hold the biz and personal you are supposed to get 20% back in points on all bookings. For our family of 4 it’s pretty close to the CP benefit and I prefer JB to SW (and more nonstops from Boston). I haven’t used the points yet so that’s a bummer it’s a hassle getting them back. Usually JB is pretty good so that’s a bummer!

@Andysol how was Ziva/zilara?

Also interested in AA. Good to know I can start with biz and no mailer. Not sure I want to waste a spot on the personal - I got a mailer for that. I think I read they are good for a bit after expiration.

I’m almost done with PGR MSR and arrival +. I’ll be 5/24 when PGR hits my credit report. I’m FOMOing over Hyatt and unsure of my next move but think it’s best to hold out until March when I’m 4/24 and go for CIU (third Chase biz). Then get Hyatt and then I’m unsure. Would you just do a bunch of apps and screw 5/24. DH i will keep below.

A few random questions:

1. AA Barclay Card - is this a card that you should wait a year before closing?
2. AA Citi Business - Opened on 9/11 so can close this one and try for another. Am I correct that I have to call not to close this card?
3. MS'ing. - So recently got CIP#2. Thought I had it all figured out for spend as we were going to get a Sleep # Bed. Well after more thinking I just can't drop $5000 on a bed right now. So, not sure if we will just wait a bit or get something cheaper. But I still need to spend $5,000. I signed up for Venmo both my kids have accounts. So, I can sent them $ from my CIP Card. They put it in their bank account and then I can transfer from their bank account to mine. Is there a limit on how many transactions can be done? And I am assuming to start with some smaller transfers? What is the most I can send?
4. Renting DVC Points from a friend. Tried paying with Plastiq but was denied as can't pay person to person -even though I sent them copy of resort and emails between us but they said that was not allowed... Bummer.

All my "best laid plans" seem to be falling apart. May have to dig into PNC bank funding but that all confuses me too. At this point don't really care about any bonuses for PNC but just to fund the account and then get money back. Can I set up to transfer $ to my regular bank account? Is it kind of the same as Capitol One 360 accounts? I have a bunch of those with different names on them (Savings, School, Vacation etc).

New BoA application restriction:
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/ackrgc/psa_boa_clamps_down_further/

This card will not be available to you if you currently have [the card] unless you have had that card for at least 24 months.

Essentially getting multiples of the same card now off limits...Ahhh I remember the days of getting 8 MLB cards in a month or two, lol! (Or the one guy on r/churning who literally got a card from every team...yes 30 of the same card...yes $6,000 cash back for spending $15k.

Alaska card too :headache::worried:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank...ds-etc/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

A few random questions:

2. AA Citi Business - Opened on 9/11 so can close this one and try for another. Am I correct that I have to call not to close this card?
3. MS'ing. - So recently got CIP#2. Thought I had it all figured out for spend as we were going to get a Sleep # Bed. Well after more thinking I just can't drop $5000 on a bed right now. So, not sure if we will just wait a bit or get something cheaper. But I still need to spend $5,000. I signed up for Venmo both my kids have accounts. So, I can sent them $ from my CIP Card. They put it in their bank account and then I can transfer from their bank account to mine. Is there a limit on how many transactions can be done? And I am assuming to start with some smaller transfers? What is the most I can send?
4. Renting DVC Points from a friend. Tried paying with Plastiq but was denied as can't pay person to person -even though I sent them copy of resort and emails between us but they said that was not allowed... Bummer.

All my "best laid plans" seem to be falling apart. May have to dig into PNC bank funding but that all confuses me too. At this point don't really care about any bonuses for PNC but just to fund the account and then get money back. Can I set up to transfer $ to my regular bank account? Is it kind of the same as Capitol One 360 accounts? I have a bunch of those with different names on them (Savings, School, Vacation etc).
Is that AA biz 09/11 as in 2011??

If so you don't want to close it now...the wording on the new application for that card is: This card is not available if the business already has a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® card. Bonus miles are not available if you have had any CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card opened or closed in the past 24 months.

Essentially having one open for 7 years is fine...but if you close it you'll start that 24 month clock over, LOL!

Anyone going for Prestige when it is released???
I was interested before it was even pulled. I have a Thank You Preferred that I did not apply for. I had an old Citi card that was phased out and automatically transferred to the Thank You Preferred.

I am not sure if I would even qualify for the new bonus because of the "card opened or closed" in the past 24-months statement. Would a forced product change with no bonus count as an "opened" card?

OMGosh I am 30 pages behind again. How did that happen? I went to Charleston for 2 nights.o_O

Been trying to keep up with the discount release for our May trip plus watching for a better deal for our Jan trip than what I have. It is exhausting really. :joker:I need the kids to go back to school so I can get back in my groove.

A few random questions:

Venmo will charge a fee.

If you were you I’d do PNC. You’ll get a bonus for the checking and you can fund it with 2K. You can do a savings too no bonus but another 2K done. I did both for a card over the summer

Oh and one more thing. I have SPG And SPG Business and Marriott and Marriott Business. Are most people just keeping 1 or 2 of these or all of them? Not sure where I would use the free nights (maybe the 35,000 one) and if it is worth it to keep all of these. Was maybe thinking of keeping 1 SPG and 1 Marriott??

I was interested before it was even pulled. I have a Thank You Preferred that I did not apply for. I had an old Citi card that was phased out and automatically transferred to the Thank You Preferred.

I am not sure if I would even qualify for the new bonus because of the "card opened or closed" in the past 24-months statement. Would a forced product change with no bonus count as an "opened" card?
Hmm not sure on that. I know nothing about citi. Do u like thank you points?

Oh and one more thing. I have SPG And SPG Business and Marriott and Marriott Business. Are most people just keeping 1 or 2 of these or all of them? Not sure where I would use the free nights (maybe the 35,000 one) and if it is worth it to keep all of these. Was maybe thinking of keeping 1 SPG and 1 Marriott??
Aren’t they all 35k nights now except lux is 50k?
We have 2 chase marriotts personal and 2 spg biz and 1 spg lux. Will prob keep them all. Would drop the chase cards first if we didn’t think we’d use the free nights

Is that AA biz 09/11 as in 2011??

If so you don't want to close it now...the wording on the new application for that card is: This card is not available if the business already has a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® card. Bonus miles are not available if you have had any CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card opened or closed in the past 24 months.

Essentially having one open for 7 years is fine...but if you close it you'll start that 24 month clock over, LOL!

No. Sorry. 9/11/18. So just got 4 months ago. I thought this was the card that everyone was closing and opening every 95 days (for Business cards)

We were just discussing if those ‘magical deals’ were still as magical....my aunt has two rooms booked at Pop for thanksgiving week (8 nights, 6 day non PHer tix) through Disney. No DP. It’s been booked for months, on a whim she contacted the same TA at that agency that we have used twice before. She gave a quote of $800 less PER ROOM! So, it still is worth checking with them, even if it’s not Labor Day. I couldn’t believe she could get that good of pricing for thanksgiving week.
We’ve gotten this offer twice (last year and this year). We are saving close to $800 also on a 9 night/8 day hopper at Pop.

Hmm not sure on that. I know nothing about citi. Do u like thank you points?
I honestly barely use that card. It has 1 small auto-pay a month just to keep activity on it. I prefer my Citi cashback card. I was interested in the Prestige for enahnced entertainment earning and the 4th night free since it seemed to have worked with Disney. I guess I will have to wait and see the new card and promo before I ask Citi if I would qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!