I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be looking for business offers first. DS just received a personal mailer that I may use but not sure as it will eat into my 5/24 (only 3/24 right now).
If you haven't gotten an AA biz in the past then you don't need a mailer for the first card :)

Count me in for anything AA please and thank you.

Somehow in my skimming your post and in my response I failed to take in that you were definitely seeing HEA in the park and it wasn’t an either park viewing or room viewing choice for HEA. Chalk it up to my head spinning while starting the crossing of the Drake passage :sick: Holy nausea Batman!

As long as you do see it in the park then a room viewing is icing on that cake. Apologies for not reading more carefully. I was trying to keep myself distracted from the rocking and rolling of the ship. I’ll share an announcement on ship about crossing the Drake passage: “Do not place fragile items on surfaces any higher than the floor. If they are already on the floor then they can’t fall to the floor”

Current view from my window

View attachment 373344
Ummmmm ok I've enjoyed all your pics so far...that one scares me haha!

New BoA application restriction:
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/ackrgc/psa_boa_clamps_down_further/

This card will not be available to you if you currently have [the card] unless you have had that card for at least 24 months.

Essentially getting multiples of the same card now off limits...Ahhh I remember the days of getting 8 MLB cards in a month or two, lol! (Or the one guy on r/churning who literally got a card from every team...yes 30 of the same card...yes $6,000 cash back for spending $15k.

Taken from Reddit, BoA is clamping down even more. They've added the following language to their Cash Rewards card:

This Cash Rewards card will not be available to you if you currently have a Cash Rewards card unless you have had that Cash Rewards card for at least 24 months.

So, essentially, you can't get a second Cash Rewards card for 24 months if you already hold one. You could, however, close your CR card and open a new one before the 24 month period.

The new Premium Rewards card is more restrictive and essentially mimics Citi's language:

This Premium Rewards card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had a Premium Rewards card in the preceding 24 month period.

It hasn't been rolled out to all cards yet but this makes me concerned for how much harder it could be to accumulate my precious Amtrak points.

Count me in for anything AA please and thank you.
Since you are an expert at the AA churning and using points, any ideas for AA to China and England? I think you’ve pointed me in certain directions before, but things keep changing. IIRC award flights to LHR have high fees, so other suggestions welcome. Cathay for China, with AA miles? This confuses me every time.

Thank you! I know I"ve read that before, but forgot about getting tickets from a travel agency to get it to code as travel. I finally got the okay from DH to take my boys to Disneyland to take advantage of those promo tickets and the Disney tickets disappear from Chase Portal :badpc:

I was able to buy some Disney World tickets on the Chase portal yesterday by going back into my browser history and clicking on the url for the tickets. If you have visited that page in the portal before, try doing the same.

As a reminder - I did share this post on DISchurners about churning AA Cards: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurner...oo_choooall_aboard_the_graavy_train_i_cringe/
Rereading for future plans.

I have today off work to do GE interviews (all 3 of us) which is obviously not happening. So I’m plotting and planning as I still have no plan for churning this year.
2 vacations planned/booked for 2019. Cruise PIF date is next week. Will be putting $2500-3000 on CC. Dilemma right now: put it on CIC to meet MSR or CSR for 3x UR. First world problems for sure.

Thanks to everybody who replied on my little "touring plan" scenario. I read them all and will take all the wonderful points brought up to formulate a plan.

Also - didn't realize so many folks were interested in AA miles! Who in here is chasing a 2nd (or more) Biz AA and is trying to find mailers? (Keep in mind you don't need one of these mailers for the first card)
I am!

You lucky dog you, lol! I may end up going the purchase route at some point - seems you can get one for about $10 on the marketplace.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

What marketplace are you referring to? Is it a reddit thing? TIA!

@calypso726 I always enjoy your travel pics! You'll do a TR I presume? Can't wait to read it. What a cool trip!!! :)

Thank you! I’m not sure where to put a TR except maybe the “other options” thread on the ABD forum. I only really post here and the ABD area. Suggestions welcome though. I am going to post a link to some of the videos here that I made public on FB. Don’t know if it will work. But I will try. Lemme know if this works.

https://www.facebook.com/750144458/posts/10157129499699459/

https://www.facebook.com/750144458/posts/10157124963259459/

https://www.facebook.com/750144458/posts/10157125030469459/

https://www.facebook.com/750144458/posts/10157131603059459/

Is anybody in our group churning AA cards? Are people looking for personal, business, or both offers? I'm continuing to read up on this personally as it could become a minor part of my 2019 strategy and just want to know who else wants to be kept up to speed on things if I find anything out OR anything changes.

I would like to also. So far both DH and I have gotten the AA Barclay Cards (with single purchase). I have gotten the AA Citi Business (which now needs to be cancelled). This is nice because I can just use Plastiq and pay Mortgage with these. I applied DH for the Citi Business back in November but he was denied for too many inquiries. Figured I'd give it a month or so and try again. May need to buy some mailer codes from Redditt. But would like to continue to get Business cards as we usually always at 4/24 or 5/24, and want to use the slots wisely.

So I'm over 5/24. I have a Slate getting unused that I SMd about getting changed to a CF or CFU. I had the CF eons ago. When you PC you're not allowed to get any "sign on" bonuses, right? Right now I'm not back into the Chase world until Nov 2019, so a PC is the only way I'm getting a CF or CFU right now.

Since you are an expert at the AA churning and using points, any ideas for AA to China and England? I think you’ve pointed me in certain directions before, but things keep changing. IIRC award flights to LHR have high fees, so other suggestions welcome. Cathay for China, with AA miles? This confuses me every time.

For China I’d go via Cathay or JAL. The award pricing is reasonable. You won’t find award flights on either on AA’s website. You have to search for them in BA’s website. Then, write down the flight info and call AA to book it.

Yes they do have huge taxes and fees. The only way I can justify them is if we are flying in first. In my head we are paying the cost of an average economy ticket in taxes and fees and upgrading it the flight to first with the miles. I imagine if you fly into a nearby country it would be less in taxes and fees and then just use UR to purchase a cheap flight from there to LHR. I will likely be doing something like that down the road.

I’ll share an announcement on ship about crossing the Drake passage: “Do not place fragile items on surfaces any higher than the floor. If they are already on the floor then they can’t fall to the floor”
:rotfl: Somedays I think I should just live my life like that all the time...
Not a "churning" destination as only the Marriott in Anchorage is points friendly (but who wants to stay in anchorage for more than a day or 2?). But still worth a trip for sure.
Bit of a bummer. I want to take DH up to Alaska, I got to go for a week in 2012 and stay with family in Palmer, AK. It was beautiful.

:rotfl: Somedays I think I should just live my life like that all the time...

Bit of a bummer. I want to take DH up to Alaska, I got to go for a week in 2012 and stay with family in Palmer, AK. It was beautiful.

You could always use the arrival plus to help with using the travel credit there for the “hotels” (I use this term lightly) and/or train around the peninsula if you go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter