I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...I think I'm ready to jump on the amex spg business card (I'll use a member referral) just a quick rundown please of how to fill out app? I plan to use it for my paypal/ebay/etc type sales (minimal stuff tho) and I use my ss # as tax id? is that all I need to remember? It's either this or another card I'm trying to decide on...get some points for a future WDW stay (in a couple of years,like banked) or try for a card that will give me some cash back for travel purchases within the next 6 months. The future stay has way more value.....
Good Luck! Report back on the whole "revenue" thing and if it requires 4 digits or not when you apply. Obviously if that's the case now it can just be your "projected revenue" and of course if you don't hit those growth targets that's ok ;) haha! With the possible changes to Marriott/SPG on the horizon now is a great time to snag that card!

thanks ya'll! I'm itching for another spend.....(not that I'm spending a ton, but it's nice to have the rewards for it)
Me too! I go 4/24 in February....I think I'm going to try again for CIP( was denied earlier last year). If my card was issued 1/22/16....does it fall off 2/1/18 or not until 2/22/18?

BB charges posted. CFU got 10X, I didn't get an email for it. CSP got 10x (I received an email for 10x on Chase Sapphire- a card I don't have so idk about being targeted). CSR (a fam member's) got 1x even though they received the 10x email specifically for their CSR. They have sent a SM requesting their 2,700 points.

My conclusions -for what they're worth, which is not much as I have no secret Chase line like DoC ;) the promos are open to everyone, just like before, email or no email. Chase IT has a funky system about sending out these emails, chalk one up to IT failures. Responses people seem to be receiving today on the CSR have become more uniform, people are being told they will get their points when the statement closes and be available within 1-2 billing cycles, no new mentions of people "not being targeted". If you used CSR and received one of those you aren't targeted responses via SM when your points didn't post right I would consider sending a fresh, new SM saying you made the BB purchase but your 10x points didn't post, don't mention targeted or email if you didn't receive an email. Hopefully, you'll get a better response to have in your back pocket if the bonus points fail to post by statement close. I will report back when my fam tells me what they hear back on their CSR. I will be using my own CSR as well but probably not for another week.

I used chase pay at shoprite (well, my husband did, his CSR) on Saturday. Charge posted and he only got 1x UR. Are the bonus points delayed or should we SM?

How do you use Chasepay at walmart.com? I don't see any option other than entering CC info.

Nevermind....I see it now under "More"

Last edited:
After cancelling my turkey day platinum due to a weak retention offer, I was able to get another version of the Amex Platinum and so far, no hard pull. I added DH as a AU so he can get access to the Centurion lounge along with one daughter and I will get myself and our other daughter in for free. We are flying out of Philly and into LAS which both have Centurion lounges, so it makes sense. We also will use the uber credits as well. Finally, I plan to use both GE credits to get our daughters Global Entry since me and DH already have it. The card is being expedited so will arrive by Thursday.

I used chase pay at shoprite (well, my husband did, his CSR) on Saturday. Charge posted and he only got 1x UR. Are the bonus points delayed or should we SM?
I only got 1x on my CSR too. I’m at WDW so I’ll probably give it a few days and wait until I get home to SM, but if you contact them let us know what they say. It was a public offer so I can’t imagine we’ll have an issue if we contact them.

Cross posting this because there’s some overlapping interest here.

So I was at Best Buy this morning buying a Disney gift card with Best Buy gift cards and savings codes, and my cashier told me that FYI starting in February 2018, Best Buy will not allow Best Buy gift cards to be used to purchase third-party gift cards. I asked if it was just this store or a nationwide policy, and she believed it was all Best Buys citing a high incidence of fraudulent transactions with gift cards.

Take it for what it’s worth, but my cashier advised if I had any more Best Buy gift cards that I wanted to spend on other gift cards, use them ASAP.

ETA: I think with all the direct deals for Best Buy from Chase Pay and Amex Offers, it’s not too big of a loss. Then there are warehouse clubs that offer upfront discounts on Disney gift cards, and credit cards that give additional cash back. But for those of you who do rewards apps and programs, you may want to reevaluate what gift card you want to pick to cash out.

Last edited:
If I was an AU on DH's card (opened 7/16), closed around 7/17 will that show up on my Credit Report?

With the possible changes to Marriott/SPG on the horizon now is a great time to snag that card!
I know concentrating on Chase cards early in the game is important but so is getting the SPG for me as it will convert MR to AS directly. ( I dont have any MR cards yet, but know that is coming!) I am awaiting my CIP card arrival this week so I can get that 5k spend knocked out. Once I am done with that, other cards down the list are CSR/CSP double dip, (waiting for dh surgery or 4th quarter for the spend $) and one or both of the Freedoms. Should I get the SPG sooner rather than later and waste one of my 5/24 slots? Is waiting to do the double dip at 4/24 a bad idea? (Still a big newbie, but a little smarter than last week! :D)

10.17 Disney Visa 1/24
01.18 CIP 1/24
04.18 SPG 2/24
06.18 F or FU 3/24
10.18 CSP/CSR 5/24

I know I need to start getting AMEX Business cards in here too, but it's the spend that is dragging me down. If I don't get MR to convert I don't need the SPG! ARG!!

I know concentrating on Chase cards early in the game is important but so is getting the SPG for me as it will convert MR to AS directly. ( I dont have any MR cards yet, but know that is coming!) I am awaiting my CIP card arrival this week so I can get that 5k spend knocked out. Once I am done with that, other cards down the list are CSR/CSP double dip, (waiting for dh surgery or 4th quarter for the spend $) and one or both of the Freedoms. Should I get the SPG sooner rather than later and waste one of my 5/24 slots? Is waiting to do the double dip at 4/24 a bad idea? (Still a big newbie, but a little smarter than last week! :D)

10.17 Disney Visa 1/24
01.18 CIP 1/24
04.18 SPG 2/24
06.18 F or FU 3/24
10.18 CSP/CSR 5/24

I know I need to start getting AMEX Business cards in here too, but it's the spend that is dragging me down. If I don't get MR to convert I don't need the SPG! ARG!!
So there is an SPG personal and Biz. Are you planning to get the Personal version or business version in April 2018? You could get the biz version (albeit has a higher min spend) and protect your 5/24 status while also getting in on the Starwood game.

Obviously it's your call/your strategy but you can get A LOT more than than 5 Chase cards during your 5/24 period if you hit them in the right order and space things out. I'm not sure waiting on CSP/CSR until 4/24 is necessarily a bad idea, but there's always risks in this game with waiting. Here's an example idea:

10.17 Disney Visa 1/24
01.18 CIP 1/24
04.18 SPG Biz 1/24
06.18 Freedom 2/24
07.18 AMEX Biz Gold 3/24 (earns MRs which you seem interested in)
09.18 Marriott Business 3/24 (can convert to SPGs)
10.18 CSP/CSR 4/24
01.19 SPG Personal 5/24 (but won't report to your credit for a couple of months)
02.19 Freedom Unlimited & Marriott Personal

You would actually have gotten 8 Chase cards this way while staying within the "5/24" rules PLUS 3 AMEX cards as well. This is obviously just a mock strategy and you want to look at it a little more based on your situation. Hopefully this helps - but I love that you're looking at a strategy for the next 12 months - that's a great first step!

Fam mem who used CSR at BB (and got email) told me Chase SM responded asking for the date she received the email. That's a new one, maybe their SM staff doesn't have their stuff together after all, darn!

Fam mem who used CSR at BB (and got email) told me Chase SM responded asking for the date she received the email. That's a new one, maybe their SM staff doesn't have their stuff together after all, darn!

I just spent $300 via Chase Pay on my CSR today. I can see there are some ongoing issues with getting Chase to credit the 10x UR on CSR. If I experience any trouble, I plan to just send them this link: https://www.chase.com/digital/digital-payments/chase-pay/bestbuy-sapphire-reserve. Nothing about this offer being targeted. If the frontline customer service reps on SM continue to give me trouble, I’m calling in to escalate this issue to someone higher up the food chain.

I just spent $300 via Chase Pay on my CSR today. I can see there are some ongoing issues with getting Chase to credit the 10x UR on CSR. If I experience any trouble, I plan to just send them this link: https://www.chase.com/digital/digital-payments/chase-pay/bestbuy-sapphire-reserve. Nothing about this offer being targeted. If the frontline customer service reps on SM continue to give me trouble, I’m calling in to escalate this issue to someone higher up the food chain.
Good thinking, I took screenshots of the page for myself.

So there is an SPG personal and Biz. Are you planning to get the Personal version or business version in April 2018? You could get the biz version (albeit has a higher min spend) and protect your 5/24 status while also getting in on the Starwood game.

Obviously it's your call/your strategy but you can get A LOT more than than 5 Chase cards during your 5/24 period if you hit them in the right order and space things out. I'm not sure waiting on CSP/CSR until 4/24 is necessarily a bad idea, but there's always risks in this game with waiting. Here's an example idea:

10.17 Disney Visa 1/24
01.18 CIP 1/24
04.18 SPG Biz 1/24
06.18 Freedom 2/24
07.18 AMEX Biz Gold 3/24 (earns MRs which you seem interested in)
09.18 Marriott Business 3/24 (can convert to SPGs)
10.18 CSP/CSR 4/24
01.19 SPG Personal 5/24 (but won't report to your credit for a couple of months)
02.19 Freedom Unlimited & Marriott Personal

You would actually have gotten 8 Chase cards this way while staying within the "5/24" rules PLUS 3 AMEX cards as well. This is obviously just a mock strategy and you want to look at it a little more based on your situation. Hopefully this helps - but I love that you're looking at a strategy for the next 12 months - that's a great first step!

The problem I have is the 5k/3 mo scenario. We live pretty modestly and this is a stretch for the budget. I can pull it off once and then again later with the 8ķ double dip, but 3k/3 mo is a much more manageable number for us. That $700/mo extra is just not there right now. With a pending open-heart surgery for dh and the requisite time off from work, we are really sinching in the belt.

My main goal is to collect UR for WDW booked through Chase and MR to help pad the Alaska Airlines miles. We would like to do 3 trips on an AP sometime after SW land opens and don't have a lot of travel planned before that. Probably a trip to AK to see the parents and maybe a quick trip to DL next spring.

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter