I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Lain. That's what I figured. It's so hard to be patient and wait for that darn letter, but I guess that's best. Hoping it's just for verification (fingers crossed). If it's a denial for too much credit extended I guess we're just out of luck. Dang, and I was sure hoping to get that extra 100K UR from DH's bonus on this card plus my referral.

Oh, this is the CIP app? Yeah I don't think you can move credit from a personal card to the CIP. Fingers crossed!

Thanks Lain. That's what I figured. It's so hard to be patient and wait for that darn letter, but I guess that's best. Hoping it's just for verification (fingers crossed). If it's a denial for too much credit extended I guess we're just out of luck. Dang, and I was sure hoping to get that extra 100K UR from DH's bonus on this card plus my referral.

Oh, this is the CIP app? Yeah I don't think you can move credit from a personal card to the CIP. Fingers crossed!

And if it's a CIP application you definitely don't want to call in until you know what's up! Those Biz Recon calls are something. At least with the letter you'll know what reason need to negotiate against.

That moment you wake up from a dream that you were talking to @Albort on the phone about opening up checking accounts for bonuses and MS. Yet, neither of you have met IRL or have exchanged phone numbers :laughing: True story.
lol, lucky for you Mr. calypso would totally get it and be fine with it. Mr. Alice Sr. would have questions, and then wish he did not ask when I start with the DIS and CC collecting and point accumulation. If you and @Albort are going to start having DIS meets please send out an invite :)

lol, lucky for you Mr. calypso would totally get it and be fine with it. Mr. Alice Sr. would have questions, and then wish he did not ask when I start with the DIS and CC collecting and point accumulation. If you and @Albort are going to start having DIS meets please send out an invite :)

He would and he'll be cracking up when I tell him later today. Hey, DIS meets sound like fun. We should keep each other posted on the thread when we will be in WDW or DLR in case anyone else is also there and wants to meet up IRL. DH and I will be in WDW this weekend. We get in Friday night and will be coming back home Sunday if anyone is in the area and wants to say Hi :wave2:

I'm sure this has been discussed but do store cc's count against the Chase 5/24? If so would Chase take into account the fact that it is a store card and perhaps reconsider...

He would and he'll be cracking up when I tell him later today. Hey, DIS meets sound like fun. We should keep each other posted on the thread when we will be in WDW or DLR in case anyone else is also there and wants to meet up IRL. DH and I will be in WDW this weekend. We get in Friday night and will be coming back home Sunday if anyone is in the area and wants to say Hi :wave2:
We'll be at WDW 10/8-10/14. We've actually done a number of DIS-meets before, as I'm active on the Trip Report boards and, well, I guess we all feel like friends already before we even meet after reading about each others' trips. In fact, we'll be meeting a good friend of mine for part of the trip - I met her on the DIS and we've done several trips together now!

I'm sure this has been discussed but do store cc's count against the Chase 5/24? If so would Chase take into account the fact that it is a store card and perhaps reconsider...
I read up on this a bit when I was worried about my Discount Tire card. It seems the consensus is that store cards that are through Visa or Mastercard are issues, but ones that aren't and are only usable at a particular store don't count. But YMMV.

At least with the letter you'll know what reason need to negotiate against.
My denial letter said I had too many recent accounts, which I interpreted as 5/24. Since I was still listed and an AU on 2 of DH's cards on my credit report but had gotten rid of those cards, I thought my recon call would be a breeze. But after she verified that I was under 5/24, she still did a complete interrogation of my "business" AND my personal finances. It took 45 minutes and I needed a glass of wine when I was done, but I did eventually get approved after another couple days of review. It isn't something I'm planning on going through ever again. :crazy2:

My denial letter said I had too many recent accounts, which I interpreted as 5/24. Since I was still listed and an AU on 2 of DH's cards on my credit report but had gotten rid of those cards, I thought my recon call would be a breeze. But after she verified that I was under 5/24, she still did a complete interrogation of my "business" AND my personal finances. It took 45 minutes and I needed a glass of wine when I was done, but I did eventually get approved after another couple days of review. It isn't something I'm planning on going through ever again. :crazy2:

Holy cow that sound super uncomfortable!

We'll be at WDW 10/8-10/14. We've actually done a number of DIS-meets before, as I'm active on the Trip Report boards and, well, I guess we all feel like friends already before we even meet after reading about each others' trips. In fact, we'll be meeting a good friend of mine for part of the trip - I met her on the DIS and we've done several trips together now!

We will also be there with my family 10/12 - 10/15 and attending MNSSHP on the 13th. If you are there and see a Haunted Mansion themed group, please be sure to say Hi!

Just to clarify - "too many recent accounts" is not 5/24. That denial reason is more based on the last 6-12 months if you've been "running too hard."

5/24 reason wording says either "Too many new lines of credit opened in the last two years" or "Too many accounts opened in the last 24 months" or something along those lines - it will specifically mention 2 years of 24 months.

Just to clarify - "too many recent accounts" is not 5/24. That denial reason is more based on the last 6-12 months if you've been "running too hard."

5/24 reason wording says either "Too many new lines of credit opened in the last two years" or "Too many accounts opened in the last 24 months" or something along those lines - it will specifically mention 2 years of 24 months.

It may have said something along those lines. I've blocked it out. :) I know when I called she said the rejection was due to 5/24.

I read up on this a bit when I was worried about my Discount Tire card. It seems the consensus is that store cards that are through Visa or Mastercard are issues, but ones that aren't and are only usable at a particular store don't count. But YMMV.

It definitely is a one store only card so Thanks for that. Fingers crossed...

I needed a glass of wine just now after I tried to cancel my Sprint Internet service and the rep refused to cancel it and then refused to put me through to her manager so I could let her know the terrible service was I receiving. Worst customer service ever! And then I thought I could do it through SM (after I posted my complaint on the Sprint FB page) but no I have to wait for someone to call. I'll probably need another after that call.

Last edited:
I needed a glass of wine just now after I tried to call my Sprint Internet service and the rep refused to cancel and then refused to put me through to her manager so I could let her know the terrible service was I receiving. Worst customer service ever! And then I thought I could do it through SM (after I posted my complaint on the Sprint FB page) but no I have to wait for someone to call. I'll probably need another after that call.

Sprint internet customer service is terrible! I've called multiple times to try to get them to lower my bill or give me a credit since I've been a loyal, on-time payer for five years now. They refuse to do it every time. Unfortunately, they are the only reliable service provider in my area.

Sprint internet customer service is terrible! I've called multiple times to try to get them to lower my bill or give me a credit since I've been a loyal, on-time payer for five years now. They refuse to do it every time. Unfortunately, they are the only reliable service provider in my area.
If you go to the termination line (after finally getting to it in their ridiculous menu system) and telling them you are canceling your service that might wake them up. The final gentleman was definitely trying to keep me as a customer and offered me extra data and to lower my bill by $40 a month (so it would have been $20 a month) but we just got new service with AT & T that is much faster.

I'm trying to find a way to purchase discounted WDW tickets from Undercover Tourist with points. Are there any cards out there that would be best for this? I heard the Capital One Venture was one. Is this a good choice? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter