I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like my Roku stick. Been using it for over a year with no issues. Actually prefer streaming on it over my smart tv.

My main issue with Hulu live is the dvr capacity is somewhat small. But I dvr everything and am too lazy to delete.
We’ve never had a dvr, too cheap to pay for it. I’m just excited we have any, so the small capacity is ok

So much sadness today, my heart goes out to all of you. I have friend with a son battling for his life right now. Flu turned strep attacking his heart and lungs. Also waiting for my own family update and hoping for the best.

Hawaii Update:
First Testing Flight Prepares for Southwest Hawaii Announcement

Three milestones are clearing the way for Southwest Hawaii flights. As a result, we’ve just updated our expected timeline below.

1. To begin with, the first testing flight appears to have already taken place. That according to FlightAware (their image below), which observed the flight out of Oakland on December 18. That multi-hour flight, was undoubtedly the necessary precursor to complete end-to-end testing for Southwest Hawaii flights. The next flight could occur any day. We’re watching for this and will report as soon as it occurs.

2. We were also advised by multiple sources that the FAA has approved Southwest’s ETOPS plans and procedures, and the company has entered the final approval phase.

3. Lastly, ground crew in Hawaii is expected to report to work in January.

We’ve never had a dvr, too cheap to pay for it. I’m just excited we have any, so the small capacity is ok
50 hours really isn’t small—I’m just spoiled:) Hulu live also has hgtv which YouTube tv doesn’t. There are pluses and minuses to both although I think mainly pluses.

Lol usually not many hockey fans..but it seems we have a lot.....NY Islander fans here..our first date he took me to the game they won the Stanley Cup in 1993....there is no way my DH would give up watching them at home...and I’m fine with that..we can save money other ways
Lol you went to the game the year I was being born. We used to pay for nhl but we got blacked out of so many games that it was pointless to have

50 hours really isn’t small—I’m just spoiled:) Hulu live also has hgtv which YouTube tv doesn’t. There are pluses and minuses to both although I think mainly pluses.
So far, the only channels I missed were Cooking Channel and DIY but I really rarely watch anymore. The only shows I truly watch are Who do You Think You Are? and Long Lost Family. Everything else is just on occasion.

Just got a call from my mother that my grandmother had just passed away. I am glad we were able to make the trek to NH on Christmas Eve to see her. My grandparents live right behind my parents, so after dinner, my bother and our DWs took my grandfather some food down to say hi and see how they both were. We walk in and he has the TV on a station playing Christmas music with the fireplace on the screen. Off on the side he had the little LED Christmas tree plugged in (pic attached). He went into their bedroom to make sure she was awake. We walked in and said hi, to which she just smiled and nodded. On their dresser was a beautiful bouquet of the prettiest roses I had ever seen, illuminated by the light on the dresser. He told us it was his final gift to her on Earth. He even set a small radio in the room so she could listen to Christmas music. The rest is history but the memories live on.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to share it here, with my friends.

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!

View attachment 371808
So sorry for your loss!

I've been trying to distract myself by reading online today, when my phone is not beeping with texts.

This morning my daughter and family were in a pretty bad car accident in Colorado. They've all survived and no one is currently critical, but lots of broken bones. Both of the cars look totaled. My ex went to the scene and sent me the pics. Daughter called me before help came and there was barely a signal so it was pretty scary.

Youngest grand daughter just had a cat scan and they are getting ready to do an MRI of her C2 neck bone. She was on side of the car that was hit but of course she was in her car seat in the back. Older grand daughter has been released, but Mom, Dad and youngest are still in hospital. Dad is in surgery now and has multiple broken bones but is not critical. He was airlifted to the hospital and Mom and 2 daughters came by ambulance. Mom's ankle badly broken.

Yesterday it was pictures texted back and forth of everyone having a wonderful xmas with our Colorado family, and today is not so great but I'm thankful everyone survived and will recover.

The other driver also survived, and I'm happy for his family.
OMG! So happy to hear no one is in critical condition. Sending positive thoughts to your family!

Lol usually not many hockey fans..but it seems we have a lot.....NY Islander fans here..our first date he took me to the game they won the Stanley Cup in 1993....there is no way my DH would give up watching them at home...and I’m fine with that..we can save money other ways
That would be awesome! The Detroit Red Wings were the first sports team I fell in love with. I was a kid that visited my grandparents in Detroit every summer vacation and the Wings won the Cup in 1997 after 42 years. I was hooked! They won again in 1998 and my grandma called in at work and took me to the victory parade downtown. It was awesome and I'll never forget it!

Does anyone know of any transfer partners for Hertz? I use a survey site that I can cash out 3300 Hertz points from. DH has about 1300 points in his account. We’ll need around 5000 to rent a minivan for the week to drive to WDW. Thoughts?

Just got a call from my mother that my grandmother had just passed away. I am glad we were able to make the trek to NH on Christmas Eve to see her. My grandparents live right behind my parents, so after dinner, my bother and our DWs took my grandfather some food down to say hi and see how they both were. We walk in and he has the TV on a station playing Christmas music with the fireplace on the screen. Off on the side he had the little LED Christmas tree plugged in (pic attached). He went into their bedroom to make sure she was awake. We walked in and said hi, to which she just smiled and nodded. On their dresser was a beautiful bouquet of the prettiest roses I had ever seen, illuminated by the light on the dresser. He told us it was his final gift to her on Earth. He even set a small radio in the room so she could listen to Christmas music. The rest is history but the memories live on.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to share it here, with my friends.

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!

View attachment 371808

I’m sorry for your loss. Happy you have the wonderful memories :grouphug:

My daughter, her husband and youngest (2 year old) grand daughter were admitted and will be in hospital for at least the next 2 days. Three year old will go home with Grandpa and (step) Grandma. But all that said, they are doing well with no internal injuries, just broken bones. Still no word on the mri results, but we are hoping that will be okay.

Thank you all for the good thoughts.

@MrPTato - sorry to hear of your Grandmother but loved the sentiments you shared.
Hoping for a speedy recovery for all! Those poor babies and their parents!

True fans are loyal. Not based on how well their team is winning. And 3 Stanley Cups in 10 years is nothing to sneeze at.
I’ve been loyal with the jets through all their junky seasons lol. I’m just giving you crap since the black hawks are normally really good and Dh’s favorite team is the black hawks. I’ve liked the jets since they were the Atlanta thrashers

SW credit card question...
DH opened a SW visa in 2016 to get the 50,000 rapid reward points.
He opened a business card and a SW Plus card in 2018 to get the companion pass.
He finally has all cards down to a zero balance.
If he cancels the original SW card, when will he be able to reapply and get the bonus again?
(Also, we’ve never “churned” before, so I just want to make sure this won’t negatively affect his credit now that all balances are finally at zero dollars.)
Thank you, experts, in advance for any input and advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter