I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
only 1 HUCA with lending. I didn't think trying again would do me any good?
It might, it might not. I start the conversation out like it’s the first one I’m having. If the rep says “I see you’ve already called us. This application is denied.” you’re outta luck. But many reps don’t go that extra mile to make notes about your call and in those cases HUCA can result in a different answer because maybe you get a rep who knows different things about the system or who has a more open attitude to overturning denials.

The whole “you’ve been denied nothing can be done for you” line is total crap because you know some people get denials turned over. The challenge is finding a rep who is willing to try. Is it possible nothing can be done for you? Absolutely. But I give it another phone call just in case.

ETA:Being turned down twice already I know the odds aren’t in your favor but for me it was call #3 that helped.

The card where I'm AU doesn't even show up when I login on my Chase app, only the cards where I'm primary show up. Is it different for you?

My biz Chase cards don't show any offers at all.

I’m a longtime AU on my wife’s Freedom. She has some good 10% back offers on her Freedom (not to mention her CSR!) that could be used on GCs, but she may not get around to redeeming them before they expire soon. (And her idea of a weekend doesn’t involve me driving her from Staples, to OD/OM, to Lowe’s, to Walgreens to buy GCs.) I could use her primary card, but my experience has been there’s about a 1 in 4 chance I’ll be “carded” (to see that the credit card matches ID) when I buy GCs with a credit card. If I can trigger my wife’s primary card offers with my AU, that would save a lot of hassle (and some money).

I went to UVa as an out-of-state student (from Connecticut) in the 90s. It was a great deal back then as was the University of Richmond. Now UVa is not cheap by any means out of state. In state it’s reasonable. I’ve got 8 semesters prepaid for both kids so I don’t pay a lot of attention though. The great thing about Virginia public universities is the variety:)

I went to UVa in the early 2000s. I was in-state though. I had a loan, but paid it off early years ago.

My dad, before he passed, would not open any cards or bank accounts at all. He always thought we were doing something that would land us in legal trouble. LOL Therefore, my mom opened her own cards, made the MSR and then opened one in my dad's name and made the MSR. She did the same with the banking bonuses.

^^^^ exactly what happens at my house.

It's sometimes not so much that you need someone to open the account, it's how you do the finances. With Chase you hold 15k in a savings account for 90 days, if you have equal financial duties (rather than one person doing it all) then the other is going to want to know where that money got to if it just disappears. Also, unless you want to keep DDs going to the checking account, Chase holds 1k+ hostage for 6 months in minimum balances. So it's not a quick hit like Discover and some others.

I do all our finances, but DH occasionally logs in to stare at a commission deposit he has earned and daydream. :cloud9: Or, he logs in to see he wasn't paid his commission yet then proceeds to get annoyed. :badpc:
When either of these situations occurs, he may notice a large sum of money has disappeared from the savings account and usually asks, "did you move some money somewhere?" to which I reply "yes." Thats the end of that story. :p He knows I didn't spend it, so he otherwise doesn't care what bank it is currently residing at. However, if something were to happen to me someday, he might be in trouble. Maybe I should send him a link to our bank bonus spreadsheet. :teacher:

Yeah, aksurvivorfan disclosed and is being called out for some very shady stuff, so it appears he deleted his original post. Removeddit retrieves deleted posts on Reddit so you can see what he originally posted.

I assumed that was what that link was for - but I just get a black screen and the message "cannot connect to Reddit." oh well.

The way that they have made it so complicated to find them makes me think that Chase thought that too many people were using Chase points for Disney and that's why they pulled back. I'm glad the tickets are back, even if they aren't easy to find.
It makes me think they don't realize they are on there b/c it is a "back door" and they forgot to block it in the coding or something. (disclaimer: I know nothing about coding or building websites, but I assume if they altered the main website to work for chase, it is possible they forgot to block this out.)

Well I assume the snail gets time of for the Holidays? They work hard! They're delivering mail for USPS, UPS, FedEx... I actually wish they were delivering the Amazon stuff instead of those creepy white van people!
One of those creepy white van people got arrested in my area a day ago. A sting was set up, he took the bait, and got caught stealing packages off a porch. Idiot.

I do all our finances, but DH occasionally logs in to stare at a commission deposit he has earned and daydream. :cloud9: Or, he logs in to see he wasn't paid his commission yet then proceeds to get annoyed. :badpc:
When either of these situations occurs, he may notice a large sum of money has disappeared from the savings account and usually asks, "did you move some money somewhere?" to which I reply "yes." Thats the end of that story. :p He knows I didn't spend it, so he otherwise doesn't care what bank it is currently residing at. However, if something were to happen to me someday, he might be in trouble. Maybe I should send him a link to our bank bonus spreadsheet. :teacher:

This sounds like my DH. I was entering transactions in YNAB one day when he looked over my shoulder and said "wow, why is our credit card bill so high?" It was when we were both spending on my SPG Biz to meet MSR and it was almost time to make a payment. I was like "ummm, that's just how much money we spend on expenses?" Apparently he has no idea what our monthly spending actually looks like lol.

I assumed that was what that link was for - but I just get a black screen and the message "cannot connect to Reddit." oh well.

aksurvivorfan’s original post:
Going to get this out in the open.

If you are purchasing/getting a personalmailer on the code sharing thread, I encourage you to ask for a picture of mailer.

Codes are generate-able. I’m not going to get into the “how” but they are.

As a precursor and point-counterpoint I’m going to readily admit here that the business codes I share are in fact generated. I’ve shared that with others privately in the past and will say that publicly now as part of this comment.

Business ones don’t involve giving away significant personal info since they’re a number and a last name (spoiler alert: last name to access is fake), and the application is blank.

Personal ones pull up an application that displays original recipient’s full name and address. Plus, they are one time use.

If you use a code that is generated, you are accessing sensitive PII and are taking away the real recipient’s ability to apply. Personally this is why I don’t generate/share these.

I don’t have proof that others are generating codes but given how some sellers have infinite quantities of single-use personal mailers, I suspect that is happening.

Buyer beware. The codes are legitimate, but think about what you are accessing and how you are affecting the original recipient. Ask for a picture of mailer if you want to confirm someone received the mailer in the mail and is authorized to distribute.

Selling or sharing of codes on r/churning is now prohibited, and doing so is a bannable offense.

I went to UVa in the early 2000s. I was in-state though. I had a loan, but paid it off early years ago.
I want to say my tuition out-of-state was about $17,000 in the mid-90s. That was part of the reason I went there over UPenn. I think UVA's tuition was about 60% of the University of Pennsylvania's. Now it's about 90%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter