I love credit cards so much!

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by FairestOfThemAll37, Jul 18, 2016.

1. LilSweetPeaPhoto

LilSweetPeaPhoto Mouseketeer

Have to chime in. My 09 is traveling to Nashville in Feb for a tournament. Living in MI (and teaching the USA U17 and U18 Hockey Boys) my son was on skates right after he learned to walk, LOL. He did 3 years on Mini Mites (started at 3), a year on Mites and then played up on Squirts last year. This year he's on a squirt travel team. Last year he was the youngest player on his team by 2-3 years (he was supposed to be a Mite) and was by far the best. The parents were shocked when he was checked into the boards by what looked like an 11yo and I screamed, "he's only 8!!!!" LOL.

I hate that I can't pay his ice bill by CC, LOL. That would be a great way to hit all those spend minimums!!!!

tink1970 likes this.
  2. speedyfishy

speedyfishy DIS Veteran

What’s your 5/24 again? I’d do the Barclay Arrival because it should be a 6/24 rule.

kmc8826, gottalovepluto and tink1970 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. wanderlust7

wanderlust7 DIS Veteran

Ah darn! You could try adding a bunch of offers to your card, which will free up space (since the max is 100 offers shown). Maybe it'll appear.

disneymagicgirl likes this.
  5. PolyRob

PolyRob DIS Veteran

Why would Chase send me an email for Sappire banking with an upgrade code with an expiration date? It’s the typical 60,000 UR promo so it just seems silly to make it seem exclusive/special to me via email.

6. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

well.... I managed to at least get Dh's Priority pass number,so I can hopefully get him to use the app to use some of those 10 passes on this upcoming trip! does the app work the same as the actual card?

disneymagicgirl likes this.
  7. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

Is it the first weekend of feb at ford ice? That is our home rink! My son is also a squirt. Maybe we will play each other. :) We are Preds Select.

ETA: although being from MI you'll probably cream us. :scared: Ice hockey has really started taking off here in the last 3 years. Mine started when he was 4, but back then there was 1 club. Now there are 3 in town.

palhockeymomof2 and tink1970 like this.
  8. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

I am 3/24 on 2 reports and 4/24 on Experian b/c still waiting for a deletion that may or may not ever happen. ha!...so for chase purposes 4/24 since they pull Experian for me.

I was just wondering if I should wait a couple weeks and try for a CIC or CIU first since I will cancel my CIP in Jan. Then do the Barclays right after. But the offer maybe gone by then.

Tikitoi and speedyfishy like this.
  9. wendow

wendow We create happiness.

I just did the Barclay arrival +. The one year cash back match with discover doesn’t appeal to me as much simply cause I don’t want to use the card that much. Just want a good bonus and then to move on.

10. LilSweetPeaPhoto

LilSweetPeaPhoto Mouseketeer

It's presidents weekend. The Pond Rockets tournament. He's playing AAA. His team though gets KILLED. I feel bad as he hasn't hit his stride with these guys. Last year he had multiple hat trick games. This year he's yet to score. It's KILLING him. He's come SOOOO close so many times. I don't think he'll make this team again next year as he's a hyper 9yo and has got kicked out of "off-ice" training a few times. It's definitely hard core here. Our problem is that he is WAY too good for house, but he's too ADD for travel, LOL. He can skate circles around some of his teammates and has a great shot. It's just not all connecting this year.

11. tink1970

tink1970 DCL Platinum

I'd probably go for the CIC or CIU first, then Barclay Arrival +.

I really like the Discover It with cash back matched the first year AND unlike Chase, they don't keep the categories under wraps so you can look at 2019's calendar already and figure out when the best time to apply for your family is. For 2019, Q1 is grocery stores, Q2 gas/lyft/uber, Q3 is restaurants, Q4 is amazon. If you're someone who drives and eats out all the time, maybe April would be the best time to get it. If you (and I assume you do) use the grocery store, then Jan, Feb or Mar would be better. That said, I'd do a Chase card, Barclay, then Discover in Feb/Mar.

12. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

Psychology :) Had you now known all about it prior would it make you feel special? YOU have a special offer. They want YOU, but you better act quick! But seriously though, the banks know what makes the general populace tick. Remember Chase did studies to determine the best weight of the CSR so it would make consumers feel special using the card.

Tikitoi, kmc8826, mmmears and 3 others like this.
  13. GlamMistress

GlamMistress DIS Veteran

I just got all that back Dosh I was owed... from a support ticket I submitted a month ago. Crazytown.

CyndiLouWho, wendow, tink1970 and 2 others like this.
  14. *WDW*Groupie*

*WDW*Groupie* DIS Veteran

For those that are interested in a very good discount on Disney GCs, Gift Card Mall has Happy Lady GCs for 20% off. I have been successful converting Happy Lady GCs at BB&B to Disney GCs, though YMMV depending on your local store (I have had 2 rather unpleasant transactions but have never been denied converting the Happy Lady GCs).

It's a great deal, so thought some of you may be interested!

disneymagicgirl, wendow and tink1970 like this.
  15. gottalovepluto

No. Some places do not accept the digital card, you can check the app to see if the lounge accepts the digital card.

If they do accept the digital card then yes, it works the same as the physical card.

16. gottalovepluto

LAST CHANCE FOR AT&T AMEX OFFER!
    I still had a 150/50 left to use that I had forgotten about so I was super happy DoC posted a reminder today.

disneymagicgirl, wendow and tink1970 like this.
  17. PolyRob

PolyRob DIS Veteran

Ahh, so tricky. Glad I am informed and not suffering from FOMO on this particular promo. If Chase wants to give me more than 60,000 UR points, maybe I will consider the account haha

kmc8826, gottalovepluto and tink1970 like this.
  18. SBWB48

SBWB48 DIS Veteran

To be a DP and provide a bit more color since you and DH had the same issue. As mentioned before, his anniversary points for his Premier card posted to his RR account just a few days after his AF posted back in July. The statement that contained the AF also reflected this. When his Plus came due, the AF posted on 11/1, but no sign of his points in his RR account nor the statement that reflected his AF. SM'd Chase and they acknowledged he should be due the points, but they would post with his next statement, no later than 12/4. Checked his RR account this AM and indeed the anniversary points were there on 12/4. Here's to hoping Chase isn't toying with what Amex is doing with free nights and forcing cardholders to pay the AF before giving the anniversary bonus.

19. georgina

georgina DIS Veteran

Love that Costco gas. The one closest to me (25 min drive) is $2.39, while the cheapest station nearby is $2.70. (Yay SW PA for high gas prices!)

Judique likes this.
  20. elgerber

elgerber DIS Veteran

Thank you for this, this makes me much more helpful for a CP if the 50k inflight offer isn't still out there for us, or if it turns out to not work, that I could still get the CP (if Chase decides to like me again)

21. speedyfishy

speedyfishy DIS Veteran

Ok so I think I’m hitting the most MSR ever had at one time.

Completed in Nov

My Blue Biz (3k)
    My Southwest Biz(3k)

Trying to compete in dec
    SOs Blue Biz (3k)
    My Gold (2k)
    My Plat (5k)

January/Feb
    SOs SW Biz (3k)
    SOs SW personal (2k)
    My CSP (4K)
    My Second Citi Biz (5k)

Total 29k

Now the maybe’s if I get approved
    Arrival+ for me (4K)
    US Bank (4.5k)
    AA (a purchase)
    Citi AA (2k)
    Chase (3k)

I have a problem. Someone send help.

schmass, Tikitoi, SBWB48 and 12 others like this.