I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best news to start the day - approved for CIP!! Applied impulsively on Monday and was getting 30 day message through last night. Call this morning and heard the lovely words "You have been approved!" Now to get it expedited....I have to call right? I don't have any Chase business cards so I can't SM from my personal login right?

Congrats party:..I called to expedite my first Chase business card....it came 2 days later

Last edited:
:offtopic: but I’m more comfortable asking questions here than other threads lol. I know DVC has the gold pass, but do DVC members get discounts on Platinum Pass renewals? If so, does the renewal discount extend to household/family members?

It looks like your questions have been answered but I would just add (and hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong) that you can renew to the gold and then if you later decide you want to go during block out periods you can pay the difference and get the platinum; same expiration date but then go during blocked out periods. I keep going back and forth of what I am going to do but thinking now I will renew my platinum to the gold and then if they add block out dates in the fall and reassess. As stated above it sounds like Disney would be more than willing to take more of my money then.

Meanwhile, I’m over here wishing I could fly them more. I love Southwest! Bring back the direct RIC-MCO and I’ll even figure out what the heck a companion pass is and how to use it!

I love SW. Except for their ABC seating, I hate that. Would rather have assigned seats but for all the other perks of SW, I'll put up with it. :D It helps that they have a nonstop flight to FL and the airport is 10 mins from my house.

Perfect, thank you! I have the gold pass, but one of my household family members has a platinum pass that will need to be renewed soon. The price increases won’t seem as bad with a discount!

I believe the Platinum Pass can be renewed as a Gold pass as well. That is if you have no trips in the block out period. And, if you are unsure, renew it as Gold and upgrade it later if you decide to go during blocked out days.

I'm trying to decide if renewal will benefit me....a way to stretch my stash of passes. I'm going on a trip that starts in Orlando on the 6th of January. My pass expires around the 15th of January and I'm tentatively planning another Florida trip during February which may have a few Disney days. Then I won't go back until Nov 2019. I guess I would have up to a month to make a decision, so don't have to decide right away. With my January to January planning I get three trips this pass.

It was my intention to use UR's to buy Disney passes for family at 1.5 using a CSR in a year or so. As we all know, that reduced itself to 1.0 if I do statement credit. I can still use some of the gift cards bought with my Freedom card at 5%, plus the UR's earned, so not a loss.

Best news to start the day - approved for CIP!! Applied impulsively on Monday and was getting 30 day message through last night. Call this morning and heard the lovely words "You have been approved!" Now to get it expedited....I have to call right? I don't have any Chase business cards so I can't SM from my personal login right?

CONGRATULATIONS!

pixiedust::cheer2:party::cheer2:pixiedust:

CIP approvals are just about the best kind of approval. Here's the number to the CIP's customer service: 1-800-945-2028; ask to get it expedited!

I am struggling with one $5k MSR on SPG Lux. I was hoping to finish up but the $1900 water heater wasn’t able to go on that card. Plumber doesn’t take Amex. I did put insurance charges on it but I’m still at only $3600.

We've had three $5K amex MSRs since summer. Almost finished with the last one, thanks to two cars that needs tires, one that needs brakes and DH's $700 dental bill, all from this week. :faint: The other two cards were harder, I had two large spends that I was counting on putting on amex and later found out they didn't take it. :eek: Happy to be almost done, but that hilton Biz is calling my name... Someone stop me!

Quick request for a DP, Is Paypal still coding as 3x with the CIP?

You don't get 3x for PayPal merchant payments, P2P transfers, or PayPal Digital Gifts on CIP.

Offhand, the only PayPal things I can think off that code 3x on the CIP is Gyft and Swych through PayPal checkout, and eBay Shipping through PayPal (but not PayPal shipping directly).

I have an :offtopic: post too...This trip I am planning for 16 people is completely stressing me out. I no longer want to be a TA. Not one who plans park days, dining, FP's and does a touring plan for 16 people. Booking rooms and seeing up DME is the easy part! Figuring out the dining for 16 people is going to be the death of me. Booking 16 people is only available at about 10 places...of which, about 6 are character meals, and these people are only wanting two character meals. They are willing to split 8/8 but not anymore than that, and I've called Disney and even calling doesn't open up a lot more options. Can I share what I currently have for them and you guys give me your thoughts? They have PH'ers, DDP and staying at BLT. Because we are always paying OOP, I've not been to some of these places. I'd love opinions from you all if you don't mind indulging me some with some OT stuff:

Arrival Day (everyone lands by 1:30)-March 11: 1900 PF 4:20 OR Crystal Palace 5:10 MK til close
March 12: Boma 5:35 Start day at AK
March 13: BOG 2:00 Start day at MK
March 14: 50's PT 2:30 Start day at DHS
March 15: Biergarten 6:10 Start day at Epcot
Departure day-March 16: Chef Mickey's 8:35 OR Ohana's 8:50 OR 1900 PF 9:35 (first flight out is at 1:30 and they are comfortable taking a taxi to MCO)

Open to ALL suggestions!!! There are 8 kids ranging in age from 18 down to 3. No one is character crazy nor are these every year Disney people. Most have never been, or not been in like 10 years.

Personally I'd do CP on arrival day since you want to be in MK that night anyway. Keeps it simple and there's lots for first timers to keep busy without having to transport in and out of the park. (already spent the morning traveling, no need to do more of it just for food)
No issues with BOG, while I was unimpressed with the food for the price, they're on DDP and it's really the atmosphere you go for. Have to do it at least once. We've done Boma a few times and while we don't think it's as good as it had been, it's not bad and could be something different.
I'm not very helpful on DHS, we always ate at Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic package so that's our only TS experience. But if they want to experience something different, 50's PT would be it from what I hear. It's unique, but possibly not for everyone. Are they fun folks that can get into it? Or a little stuffy?
Even though it's later, I'd probably go with 1900 PF for departure day, although full disclosure we never ended up eating there so no first hand experience. CM and even Ohana's can be a little chaotic, and we've never been seated on time for Ohana's Bfast, so 1900 PF seems like a nice wind down from the crazy that is a week at Disney with 16 people.

FWIW we did dinner at Ohana's, Biergarten, Chef Mickey, Mama Melrose and a lunch at the Coral Reef with our large group some years ago. Similar age ranges, 9 kids ages 21 down to 1. The aquarium held the kids attention enough to put up with Coral Reef. They all got into the show at the Biergarten, with the younger ones joining in on stage and the older ones signing along. A couple nights we split up, one night half the group wanted to do the Safari dinner in AK for 2 TS credits so the other half of us went to Wolfgang Puck's in DTD. We didn't always go en masse but we were also there longer, some were there 10 days and the rest of us were 7. For a large group trying to keep to easy transportation options, hat you have seems pretty good.

You don't get 3x for PayPal merchant payments, P2P transfers, or PayPal Digital Gifts on CIP.

Offhand, the only PayPal things I can think off that code 3x on the CIP is Gyft and Swych through PayPal checkout, and eBay Shipping through PayPal (but not PayPal shipping directly).
Thanks!!

DS would like your DH. :thumbsup2
He tells me I’m a traitor because he likes Green Bay over Bears. My dad was a big Packers fan, so DS tells me “what would your father say? “ when I cheer for Bears. Lol. My dad was a Bears fan, until it came to Bears vs Packers. I grew up watching Bears and Blackhawks with my dad.
Being from Wisconsin, I didn't think there was such a thing as a Packers and Bears Fan! I thought if you loved one, you had to hate the other:-)

I have an :offtopic: post too...This trip I am planning for 16 people is completely stressing me out. I no longer want to be a TA. Not one who plans park days, dining, FP's and does a touring plan for 16 people. Booking rooms and seeing up DME is the easy part! Figuring out the dining for 16 people is going to be the death of me. Booking 16 people is only available at about 10 places...of which, about 6 are character meals, and these people are only wanting two character meals. They are willing to split 8/8 but not anymore than that, and I've called Disney and even calling doesn't open up a lot more options. Can I share what I currently have for them and you guys give me your thoughts? They have PH'ers, DDP and staying at BLT. Because we are always paying OOP, I've not been to some of these places. I'd love opinions from you all if you don't mind indulging me some with some OT stuff:

Arrival Day (everyone lands by 1:30)-March 11: 1900 PF 4:20 OR Crystal Palace 5:10 MK til close
March 12: Boma 5:35 Start day at AK
March 13: BOG 2:00 Start day at MK
March 14: 50's PT 2:30 Start day at DHS
March 15: Biergarten 6:10 Start day at Epcot
Departure day-March 16: Chef Mickey's 8:35 OR Ohana's 8:50 OR 1900 PF 9:35 (first flight out is at 1:30 and they are comfortable taking a taxi to MCO)

Open to ALL suggestions!!! There are 8 kids ranging in age from 18 down to 3. No one is character crazy nor are these every year Disney people. Most have never been, or not been in like 10 years.
These look great! I would do Crystal Palace on the first day. Less schlepping around for them to go right into MK for dinner, there's a good variety of food, and the Pooh characters are sweet. I would also keep BOG; seeing the inside of that castle is worth the CS credit, imo. On the last day, I would do Chef Mickey's for the convenience of staying in their own hotel on departure day. It's also iconic and fun for the kids.

Speaking of Disney trips, this morning my 5-year-old pulled out her Mickey light up spinner she got at Disneyland this summer and now both kids want to go back to Disney. I asked my 9-year-old if she'd rather go to Disney World than London next summer and she said yes! We've created two little Disney monsters. :rotfl:

I just used UR points to book airfare. I was really happy with the redemption and the price. Now, I feel like I should have put a few dollars on my CSR for the travel insurance (traveling in Feb 1 day pre-cruise). Is there any travel insurance with UR redemptions through the Chase portal?

DVC does indeed get a renewal discount on Platinum as well:

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/ticket-tour/walt-disney-world-pass/

Most people talk about only the Gold pass because it's cheaper, and because the only times that are blacked out by the Gold pass happen to also be the most expensive use of DVC points (so many people end up not traveling during that time). But Disney is happy to take your renewal dollars for Gold, Platinum, or Platinum Plus!

And yes, household members only (no family not living in the household though).

There was a time that I was looking at DVC for the AP benefits. I believe you can put up to 6 people on the deed. At that time I would have added my daughter and mother to allow their households the discounts. This was just before Disney decided resale deeds would not get the benifits. The current owners were grandfathered in but resale deeds no longer got the AP savings.

I am struggling with one $5k MSR on SPG Lux. I was hoping to finish up but the $1900 water heater wasn’t able to go on that card. Plumber doesn’t take Amex. I did put insurance charges on it but I’m still at only $3600.
I thought I was going to finish up the last little bit of my SPG Lux MSR this morning pre-ordering DD's soccer pictures, but they don't take AMEX! I literally have $12 left.

Daughter is at MIA right now, just landed and is in a PP restaurant with the 2 babies. They have $90 credit and just ordered a breakfast burrito and an order of chicken waffles. It is called Corona Beach House. There is a Centurion lounge but she left her Plat at home....

I just priced out a fictional trip to join her in Miami next week since I have to pick them up at National in the very late evening anyway. Park car at DCA. Board free on points (SWest) flight to FLL, arrive 9:30am, free rental (use points) to the beach for a few hours then on to MIA, where I would eat dinner in a PP location and then board same flight with them back to National later in the evening. For free as a Citi advantage visa has 40K points and a $200 instant credit if you are instantly approved. (I would have to further blow out 5/24). I repeat - fictional plan but it is doable. I could even fly in a day earlier and find some high faluting SPG/Marriott with my almost 500K Marriott points. Nice to dream!

Daughters flights this trip are free as she used the Iberia Avios from an earlier promo that she got a boatload from by signing up the whole family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter