I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether it will credit or not is key here lol...My HD one from last week that went pending before I even left the store, never became payable and now I have the sad smiley saying my purchase didn't qualify. I think my dh's did the same! I haven't had a ton of those but I'm up to 3-4 on just my account. So, even once it goes to pending, it's not all rainbows and unicorns yet. I just did CVS again. Got notifications. We shall see. I'm scared to try HD again.
This is also part of the reason I've hesitated lol. If just a few of these don't credit it would erode some savings. Sorry about your HD one - bummer!!

If you have a Dis Visa check this link for spring pricing. I saw some awesome rates! AKL pool view bunk beds $271/nt, YC GV $289/nt, GF main building CL in the $600s, and I ended up with CSR for $158 or something. I decided to go cheap since we will have quite a few trips between Dec and Aug while DD does the DCP.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/holiday-rooms-visa-cardmember/

are there these kind of deals for disneyland? could not find anything? thankyou

Are you just a TA for Disney? I tried applying at places where I live but they didn’t want a TA just specialized in Disney. I also thought about starting my own business but the state I live in you have to get a license.
At this point I’ve only booked Disney. Not sure I really want to book anything else. I’m working under my aunt right now. She mainly does cruises but gets a lot of Disney bookings. She doesn’t know Disney very well at all so I’m helping with those.

Yeah I’m just doing RMN. $10 off a $25 card. I’m up to $275 in giftcards this month.

ETA: I guess 41% off because I’m using my Amex Biz to meet MSR and getting 1x MRs too lol

Or an extra 5x UR when using a linked CF at Walgreens. Or 3x MR if your linked Amex card has the extra 2 MR points at Staples offer. Or an extra 10% off if using a linked Amex card with the 10% statement credit at Staples Amex Offer.

Just went to do our Walgreens and CVS deals. No issues at Walgreens using CF and DH’s employee card for SPG Biz through my Apple Pay. Went to CVS and did Apple Pay for the first gift card. The clerk asked for the last 4 of the credit card and I told him and he said it wasn’t right. I told him it definitely was and he then realized I’d used Apple Pay and said currently they can’t accept Apple Pay for gift cards. I didn’t have DHs card on me so I just used my SPG card and didn’t buy the second gift card.

Anyways, $75 in gift cards and the $30 is pending with RMN. I’ll swap my card for DH’s tomorrow and hit CVS then for him.

Anyone here planning to try the ABD Japan trip? Asking because that one is making me think seriously about ABD...

We are! Plane Princess and I are booked on the September 29 adults only trip. We are also going with friends we met on the Norway, Iceland, Scotland cruise and my TA who has become one of my BFFs. We are all very excited about going. I have no hesitation traveling to Japan on my own but that itinerary looks amazing. DH and I always swore we’d do Japan with ABD the first year it came out. We figured it would only get more expensive over time and they’d likely change the itinerary.

Can’t wait to hear about this one. I’m not afraid to go there alone either, but I agree that the itinerary looks really good and I’m tempted to check it out when they release future dates.

We are going, too. We were hoping to overlap with @calypso and plane princess for another trip (we met on ABD Scotland and were also on the Norway cruise together), but we were locked into the summer months due to college schedules. We're on one of the July trips. We had been planning to go on our own, but were pretty blown away by the ABD itinerary. As Calypso said, I suspect they will start whittling away at the itinerary in future years, and the second set of summer trips they added were considerably more expensive than our opening day price. Sadly, it seems to be the ABD way. The trip Calypso, @Calfan, and I were on for Scotland was changed dramatically after we went. I will make sure to report back as well. We managed to score great airline seats already on miles (RT first on JAL and RT business on ANA via the Virgin deal with the AMEX 30% transfer deal).

Yeah I’m just doing RMN. $10 off a $25 card. I’m up to $275 in giftcards this month.

ETA: I guess 41% off because I’m using my Amex Biz to meet MSR and getting 1x MRs too lol

Whether it will credit or not is key here lol...My HD one from last week that went pending before I even left the store, never became payable and now I have the sad smiley saying my purchase didn't qualify. I think my dh's did the same! I haven't had a ton of those but I'm up to 3-4 on just my account. So, even once it goes to pending, it's not all rainbows and unicorns yet. I just did CVS again. Got notifications. We shall see. I'm scared to try HD again.

I'm getting ready to head to Walgreens and CVS again lol. Fortunately they're right across the street from each other. Mark this is the only time I've ever NOT said "this is so stupid, why did they build two drug stores right across the street from each other."

Or an extra 5x UR when using a linked CF at Walgreens. Or 3x MR if your linked Amex card has the extra 2 MR points at Staples offer. Or an extra 10% off if using a linked Amex card with the 10% statement credit at Staples Amex Offer.

I do not have time for a deal like this to be going on right now. I just did a Staples/Home Depot/CVS run, and am planning to hit Macy's/Nordstrom Rack/Walgreens on my way home, if I can get out of work at a reasonable hour. Not complaining about saving $$$, but couldn't it happen when I'm not nuts at work?

ETA - also, would have been nice if my united explorer card had shown up on time, so that I'd be meeting MSR with all this. Hope that shows up soon!

They won't stay sold out. Every opening day it is the same song and dance...not good prices or things sold out immediately. Even when I do end up booking I rebook for a lower price later. I didn't even bother getting up and checking today. Of course, this is Nashville to everywhere I ever fly. YMMV based on your airport. Airhint is a great site I have recently discovered to help you decide to buy or not. Of course, with points, just book it and take the refund when the price drops.
I've never booked with points, this is my first time. I'm trying to get a hang of buying air with points! I'm glad to know I can book it and refund it later, kind of nervous about points and doing that. I went ahead and booked, and then will watch for price/point drops and really hope something drops! But, I feel like I had to lock in now because we aren't flexible on dates, and really times, too, so I didn't want to miss anything! I wonder if MCO in particular for spring break is just difficult depending on of course where home base is.

We are going, too. We were hoping to overlap with @calypso and plane princess for another trip (we met on ABD Scotland and were also on the Norway cruise together), but we were locked into the summer months due to college schedules. We're on one of the July trips. We had been planning to go on our own, but were pretty blown away by the ABD itinerary. As Calypso said, I suspect they will start whittling away at the itinerary in future years, and the second set of summer trips they added were considerably more expensive than our opening day price. Sadly, it seems to be the ABD way. The trip Calypso, @Calfan, and I were on for Scotland was changed dramatically after we went. I will make sure to report back as well. We managed to score great airline seats already on miles (RT first on JAL and RT business on ANA via the Virgin deal with the AMEX 30% transfer deal).

Nice! And yes, I expect them to downgrade the trip and raise the prices (probably why we have never jumped at at ABD trip so far). I wasn't ready to book this right away since we had the Norway cruise booked for last month. We need time in between the big trips.

Since we've been discussing the Disney Visa additional 10% today on Jan/Feb, etc.....figured I'd C&P this here for those interested:

The following resorts are receiving an additional 10% discount through a Disney Visa:

Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Grand Floridian
Yacht Club
Caribbean Beach
Corosnado Springs
All Star Sports
All Star Music

Any other resorts...the price is the same on Gift of Magic OR Disney Visa - no difference.
anything for disneyland?

Just got denial letter from Chase for CIC. I already have a CIP. Reasons are: "Insufficient business revenue" and "You already have the maximum amount of credit we can offer you."

Worth the call to recon?

Nice! And yes, I expect them to downgrade the trip and raise the prices (probably why we have never jumped at at ABD trip so far). I wasn't ready to book this right away since we had the Norway cruise booked for last month. We need time in between the big trips.
I used to be a huge ABD cheerleader, but after six completed trips with them, the rose has definitely come off the glasses :) We've had some great discussions about it over on the ABD board so I won't rehash here, but I've become very cautious and look at the itinerary very closely. Whether Japan turns out to be "worth it," remains to be seen. ABD Scotland and China both blew me away. ABD Baltic cruise add-on not so much. I'm hoping Japan is as good as it looks. I totally understand about needing to spread out the vacay spends. The trips are soooo pricey. I'm sure both Calypso and I will do trip reports so you'll have something to go off of :)

I used to be a huge ABD cheerleader, but after six completed trips with them, the rose has definitely come off the glasses :) We've had some great discussions about it over on the ABD board so I won't rehash here, but I've become very cautious and look at the itinerary very closely. Whether Japan turns out to be "worth it," remains to be seen. ABD Scotland and China both blew me away. ABD Baltic cruise add-on not so much. I'm hoping Japan is as good as it looks. I totally understand about needing to spread out the vacay spends. The trips are soooo pricey. I'm sure both Calypso and I will do trip reports so you'll have something to go off of :)

I'll go take a look on the boards. I remember loving the Costa Rica itinerary when it came out, but a few years later when I was ready to consider it it didn't look that amazing any more. I figured they must have changed it (but maybe my expectations changed and I didn't realize it). I'll be looking for those reviews from you and Calypso for sure.

weird sams club stuff today for me....:crazy2: so a while back I tried to use the RMN sams club online order deal combined with my amex offer..... I bought a $50 sams gc plus a small filler. the filler item came, eventually the card came in the mail. I went to store to use it.... no dice. says not activated...(???) so I spent some fun time at the service desk, then on the phone with someone from the company so they could tell me I got the card,but it never got activated,so they sent it to me anyway (?!?!?) and apparently my card isn't charged..... I thought it was,so I had to come home and look...apparently the card was only charged 4.00 for the small item, RMN didn't give the cashback bc I didn't spend $50,and the amex offer isn't triggered because I haven't spent $50! ....And the charge is still pending on my acct...... you win some you lose some I guess...:confused3 in other news I re-upped my staples and cvs today on RMN so that's #3 for those!

I had read over there before, but thank you for the reminder to check out that page. I really appreciate it. I'm pretty picky and these trips are so expensive it's not something we can do often, so to not be happy with one would be pretty discouraging. We loved our cruise in August (I had booked several private tours for the ports and they were fantastic) and I'm having a hard time finding something that looks like it could match or top it.

At this point I’ve only booked Disney. Not sure I really want to book anything else. I’m working under my aunt right now. She mainly does cruises but gets a lot of Disney bookings. She doesn’t know Disney very well at all so I’m helping with those.
That's awesome. I want to be a Disney TA, but I can't find anywhere that will take someone who only wants to do Disney.

@Albort for chase pay bb deal did did you do launch Samsung pay from chase pay? Or just open Samsung pay? My card is already linked and I see the chase pay logo over it in Samsung pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter