I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want anybody to panic, but r/churning is noticing that Virgin Atlantic is not showing up as a Membership Rewards transfer partner: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9hyw9r/comment/e6fxvww?st=JMDTMJNW&sh=6f360036

As some of you know, VS is a sweet spot transfer partner for MRs because of their ability to book F and J class award seats on ANA (particularly to and from Japan), which is also a MR transfer partner.

I’m hoping this is a glitch, as the removal of a transfer partner is usually preceded by some notice like when Chase recently removed Korean Air as a UR transfer partner.

The expiration date is 12/7/18. My tentative plan is to take two Disney trips in 2019 with family, with another trip somewhere else for just me and the the missus.
I'm not familiar with SPG or MR at all, but I would like to use these points to offset lodging/airfare,etc.
I plan to get up to speed with these programs, as I only feel like I have a limited knowledge of the Chase program.

The SPG 125K bonus and free night could get you three nights at the Swan or Dolphin and the $300 credit could offset meals while there. Or, it could be stretched even further at most of the offsite options in the SPG/Marriott family. The points can also be transferred to airlines but I've never got into that as I don't fly much. The free night won't come until your anniversary of having the card so this idea might be better as a 2020 redemption as we are in the last quarter of the year. But looking at 50K redemptions, you can go far with that. Maybe New York or any other city and there are also loads of out of the country hotel ideas. The points are good at Marriott and SPG properties since the programs have combined. After you are 5/24, you could look at the Marriott card options that Chase has and get more 'Starriott' points, if you needed them. I don't think they fall under 5/24. Just an FYI - 50K is one of the higher priced options - there are many redemptions starting as low as 7500 points.

I don’t want anybody to panic, but r/churning is noticing that Virgin Atlantic is not showing up as a Membership Rewards transfer partner: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9hyw9r/comment/e6fxvww?st=JMDTMJNW&sh=6f360036

As some of you know, VS is a sweet spot transfer partner for MRs because of their ability to book F and J class award seats on ANA (particularly to and from Japan), which is also a MR transfer partner.

I’m hoping this is a glitch, as the removal of a transfer partner is usually preceded by some notice like when Chase recently removed Korean Air as a UR transfer partner.

from another group
So I tweeted them and asked. Here's their response

We are currently doing maintenance on the site until 10 p.m. ET this evening. Please try again after 10 p.m. ET. Thank you. ^B

(6) PRG for the RMN deal at Staples, because it has an offer to earn an extra 2 MR at Staples

Ugh. Proof I am not a master churner yet -- in the back of my mind somewhere was knowledge that I have this offer on a few AmEx cards but I did not put this info together with the RMN offer. I never shop at Staples absent one of these kinds of deals.

Well DH did add RMN to his phone so we did the rounds again for him today. We tried to stop at Nordstrom Rack for the both of us but my goodness the people and traffic today... it's just bonkers. There was literally nowhere for us to park so we drove off and left that money on the table.

Both of our Staples never updated with the "$10 cash back" message so I hope that store works for us. I did confirm we were linked.

I was supposed to buy DVC points this morning too at SSR (direct) and had everything all ready and DH just had a turn of heart and really thinks we should wait and just buy resale. I said fine. I've been looking for a contract for a year, so what's a little more time?

I put a Disney cruise on hold for January instead. I have a giant stash of discounted Disney cards and I know how to use them!

Ok update(I finally got ds at home to do this!) did the credit karma verification with the license etc- so ds has a score of 791, age of oldest acct is over 11 years(mine) !!! so why did discover deny him? is it recommended we call back to ask, or just let it ride and try again in 30 days? I'm really wondering if maybe a freedom card isn't better for Ds on his first card now since his 'history' is already with chase? wwyd?

Chase is pretty strict on wanting at least 6 months of independent credit history. I would call and ask Discover, or you can wait for the letter that has the reason for the denial.

I honestly was just looking at one card initially, but then started realizing the benefit of pairing the cards to your benefit. I don’t see myself as getting too many, but I could see myself getting a couple.

Then I’d look at what you can put on a card in the next 3 months...with the holidays coming would the CIP with the $5,000MSR be better to apply for now or would it fit your expenses better in a few months

Last edited:
Well DH did add RMN to his phone so we did the rounds again for him today. We tried to stop at Nordstrom Rack for the both of us but my goodness the people and traffic today... it's just bonkers. There was literally nowhere for us to park so we drove off and left that money on the table.

Both of our Staples never updated with the "$10 cash back" message so I hope that store works for us. I did confirm we were linked.

I was supposed to buy DVC points this morning too at SSR (direct) and had everything all ready and DH just had a turn of heart and really thinks we should wait and just buy resale. I said fine. I've been looking for a contract for a year, so what's a little more time?

I put a Disney cruise on hold for January instead. I have a giant stash of discounted Disney cards and I know how to use them!

Mine never update at Staples either...I contacted RMN and they said if it didn’t post by 10/4 to c tact them again...so that my be an option if yours does not update

You’ll find the right DVC contract to fit your needs sending :tinker:

The SPG 125K bonus and free night could get you three nights at the Swan or Dolphin and the $300 credit could offset meals while there. Or, it could be stretched even further at most of the offsite options in the SPG/Marriott family. The points can also be transferred to airlines but I've never got into that as I don't fly much. The free night won't come until your anniversary of having the card so this idea might be better as a 2020 redemption as we are in the last quarter of the year. But looking at 50K redemptions, you can go far with that. Maybe New York or any other city and there are also loads of out of the country hotel ideas. The points are good at Marriott and SPG properties since the programs have combined. After you are 5/24, you could look at the Marriott card options that Chase has and get more 'Starriott' points, if you needed them. I don't think they fall under 5/24. Just an FYI - 50K is one of the higher priced options - there are many redemptions starting as low as 7500 points.
Whoa, this is chock-full of great information. We've stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort, so I'm guessing that may stretch into more nights than the SWOLPHIN.
It's hard for me to wrap my mind around that this is all granted for spending what I normally do already.
Should my wife, since she's at 1/24, finish out our Chase plan, CIC, CFU, CF, and CSR, while I explore other programs?
Thanks so much!

@wendow so strange my 9/17 Walgreens offer has paid out the $10 last night but my 9/14 $5 offer is still pending.
It really is so weird. It’s like that previous one is hung up. I was concerned it was preventing all my recent ones from posting but since yours are going through, that must not be the case. And it’s the same on my dh’s account. That previous offer is ‘stuck’ and none of recent ones have gone through and become payable.

Whoa, this is chock-full of great information. We've stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort, so I'm guessing that may stretch into more nights than the SWOLPHIN.
It's hard for me to wrap my mind around that this is all granted for spending what I normally do already.
Should my wife, since she's at 1/24, finish out our Chase plan, CIC, CFU, CF, and CSR, while I explore other programs?
Thanks so much!

You can also use the Chase URs to book the Sheraton Vistana since your collecting,thoses as well....I booked the Wyndham Bonnet Creek 5 nights in a 2 BR villa this December for aprox 85,000 URs.

You can also use the Chase URs to book the Sheraton Vistana since your collecting,thoses as well....I booked the Wyndham Bonnet Creek 5 nights in a 2 BR villa this December for aprox 85,000 URs.
Thanks! Have you stayed at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek before? I remember seeing signs for Bonnet Creek. Is that on WDW property?

Thanks so much!

I'm of the mind that both of you should maximize with Chase since you are already able to. Get as many UR bonuses as you can and then switch to your next opportunity. That's why I asked about the offer's expiry. Looks to me as if you could do something Chase related first and then do this offer or whatever non Chase offer you choose. Then just apply before the expiration of your offer.

There's the key.

All these great bonuses are geared towards getting customers for the product and making money of the customer via purchases and interest when the customer can't pay in full. It doesn't work for everybody. Staying within your normal spend will spell success. That is assuming you pay off your normal spend each month.

:offtopic: Does anyone here have an 11-year old daughter? I'm working on my Fish Extender gifts for my cruise, and am having trouble figuring out what to give an 11 year old girl. I made bows out of DCL and Mickey balloon ribbon for the younger girls, but those seem too juvenilefor her. I made the bows pictured here for her, but are they still too young? For the 18-24 year olds, I made little cosmetic bags out of DCL fabric, but that seems too old for her. Any advice would be appreciated!

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter